"Unable to find lookup table" after app update, even though table is "Visible to all users"

I recently added some features (including a new lookup table) to the app
used by the field workers.

After updating the app on the phones, on opening one of the forms they now
get the error screen shown in the attachment.

Text is:
Error Occurred
Unable to find lookup table "jr://fixture/item-list:fieldworkers".
Make sure it exists and this user has access to it.

This lookup table was tested and working fine.
I checked in the Lookup Table settings (Manage Tables -> Edit) and the Visible
to all users
box is ticked.

I do not currently have access to the phones. I tried to recreate on my own
device by:

1. Delete all user data on the device
  2. Install the older version of the app. Log in with one of the users
  3. Update to the newer version of the app
  4. Navigate to the form giving problems.

But I'm unable to recreate the error.

Any ideas how this happened or how to solve it? It appears to be present on
all the phones that were updated.

Thanks,
Andrew

Have the users synced recently from the home screen? The new fixtures will
come down on sync, not on app update, so its possible the two have gotten
out of date if the application updated but the user did not sync.

Cheers,
Will

··· On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Andrew Cawood wrote:

I recently added some features (including a new lookup table) to the app
used by the field workers.

After updating the app on the phones, on opening one of the forms they now
get the error screen shown in the attachment.

Text is:
Error Occurred
Unable to find lookup table "jr://fixture/item-list:fieldworkers".
Make sure it exists and this user has access to it.

This lookup table was tested and working fine.
I checked in the Lookup Table settings (Manage Tables -> Edit) and the Visible
to all users
box is ticked.

I do not currently have access to the phones. I tried to recreate on my
own device by:

1. Delete all user data on the device
  2. Install the older version of the app. Log in with one of the users
  3. Update to the newer version of the app
  4. Navigate to the form giving problems.

But I'm unable to recreate the error.

Any ideas how this happened or how to solve it? It appears to be present
on all the phones that were updated.

Thanks,
Andrew

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Will,

Thanks for te speedy response!
Will get them to sync and see if that sorts out the problem.

Regards,
Andrew

··· On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 16:21:39 UTC+2, William Pride wrote: > > Have the users synced recently from the home screen? The new fixtures will > come down on sync, not on app update, so its possible the two have gotten > out of date if the application updated but the user did not sync. > > Cheers, > Will > > On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Andrew Cawood <acawo...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> I recently added some features (including a new lookup table) to the app >> used by the field workers. >> >> After updating the app on the phones, on opening one of the forms they >> now get the error screen shown in the attachment. >> >> Text is: >> Error Occurred >> Unable to find lookup table "jr://fixture/item-list:fieldworkers". >> Make sure it exists and this user has access to it. >> >> This lookup table was tested and working fine. >> I checked in the Lookup Table settings (Manage Tables -> Edit) and the *Visible >> to all users* box is ticked. >> >> I do not currently have access to the phones. I tried to recreate on my >> own device by: >> 1. Delete all user data on the device >> 2. Install the older version of the app. Log in with one of the users >> 3. Update to the newer version of the app >> 4. Navigate to the form giving problems. >> >> But I'm unable to recreate the error. >> >> Any ideas how this happened or how to solve it? It appears to be present >> on all the phones that were updated. >> >> Thanks, >> Andrew >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > >

Hi, it solved the problem.

Thank you.

··· On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 4:21:39 PM UTC+2, William Pride wrote: > > Have the users synced recently from the home screen? The new fixtures will > come down on sync, not on app update, so its possible the two have gotten > out of date if the application updated but the user did not sync. > > Cheers, > Will > > On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Andrew Cawood <acawo...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> I recently added some features (including a new lookup table) to the app >> used by the field workers. >> >> After updating the app on the phones, on opening one of the forms they >> now get the error screen shown in the attachment. >> >> Text is: >> Error Occurred >> Unable to find lookup table "jr://fixture/item-list:fieldworkers". >> Make sure it exists and this user has access to it. >> >> This lookup table was tested and working fine. >> I checked in the Lookup Table settings (Manage Tables -> Edit) and the *Visible >> to all users* box is ticked. >> >> I do not currently have access to the phones. I tried to recreate on my >> own device by: >> 1. Delete all user data on the device >> 2. Install the older version of the app. Log in with one of the users >> 3. Update to the newer version of the app >> 4. Navigate to the form giving problems. >> >> But I'm unable to recreate the error. >> >> Any ideas how this happened or how to solve it? It appears to be present >> on all the phones that were updated. >> >> Thanks, >> Andrew >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > >

Hi

I'm getting the same error with the first run of a new app where I'm trying to load the form that registers a new case. I have uploaded the lookup tables and I can view them.

Syncing does not solve the problem.

Help!

Simon

Uninstalling and installing the app solved it for me.