commcare-hq(CommCare 2.50.0) over Ubuntu 20.04 LTS v

Dear All,

I would like to test and run the latest version of commcare-hq(CommCare 2.50.0) over Ubuntu 20.04 LTS version.can I get some hints or your advice on the required packages for installation.

Thanks,Sisay

Dear Sisay

You can use the following link:

It will guide you through the steps to install and configure commcareHQ, on Ubuntu 18.04. It's better to use Ubuntu 18.04 since the steps are well-tested on 18.04.

Hi Sisay,

Normally I would agree that using the platform that has been the best tested would be the wisest approach. But I appreciate your concerns about Ubuntu 18.04 -- it is reaching end-of-life on April 30.

You should not encounter any problems if you use Ubuntu 20.04. CommCare engineers have been developing CommCare HQ on Ubuntu 20.04 for years, and Dimagi is developing a process for migrating environments to 20.04.

The instructions that @demis08 linked to should also work for Ubuntu 20.04 without any changes.

Please let us know if anything does not work as expected.

1 Like

Thanks Demise,I will test it right now!

1 Like

Thanks Norman, will update you soon after testing the installation.

Hi @swebshet,

I just want to amend what @Norman_Hooper said to say that the next version of Ubuntu that we are currently working on targeting is 22.04 ("Jammy Jellyfish"), skipping over 20.04.

Best,
Danny

2 Likes

Dear All, I have been using the following steps to install commcare-hq. though it responds with the following error message.
Hoping to get your kind assistance.

By the way can I use the following link to set up->https://test.ocom.vn/?url=github.com/DeckOfPandas/commcare-hq/blob/master/PRODUCTION-INSTALL.md

server@server:~$ sudo apt install git

server@server:~$ git clone GitHub - dimagi/commcare-cloud: Tools for standing up and managing a CommCare HQ server environment

server@server:~$ sudo apt install python3-pip sshpass net-tools

server@server:~$ sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/python3 python3 /usr/bin/python3.10 2
update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/python3.10 to provide /usr/bin/python3 (python3) in auto mode
server@server:~$ python --version
Python 3.10.9

server@server:~/commcare-cloud/quick_monolith_install$ sudo bash cchq-install.sh install-config.yml

ansible-galaxy collection install -f -r /home/server/commcare-cloud/src/commcare_cloud/ansible/requirements.yml
To finish first-time installation, run manage-commcare-cloud configure
origin is not recognized: GitHub - dimagi/commcare-cloud: Tools for standing up and managing a CommCare HQ server environment
✓ /home/server/commcare-cloud/src/commcare_cloud/config.py exists
/home/server/commcare-cloud/quick_monolith_install
Do you want to have the CommCare Cloud environment setup on login?
(y/n): y
→ Added init script to ~/.profile

Welcome to commcare-cloud

Available commands:
update-code - update the commcare-cloud repositories (safely)
source /root/.virtualenvs/cchq/bin/activate - activate the ansible virtual environment
ansible-deploy-control [environment] - deploy changes to users on this control machine
commcare-cloud - CLI wrapper for ansible.
See commcare-cloud -h for more details.
See commcare-cloud -h for command details.

#################################################
Step 3: Initializing environments directory for storing your CommCareHQ instance's configuration
#################################################
[WARNING]: No inventory was parsed, only implicit localhost is available
[WARNING]: provided hosts list is empty, only localhost is available. Note that the implicit localhost does not match 'all'

PLAY [127.0.0.1] *************************************************************************************************************************************

TASK [Gathering Facts] *******************************************************************************************************************************
ok: [127.0.0.1]

TASK [External IP Address] ***************************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"msg": "The task includes an option with an undefined variable. The error was: 'dict object' has no attribute 'ipv4'\n\nThe error appears to be in '/home/server/commcare-cloud/quick_monolith_install/bootstrap-env-playbook.yml': line 20, column 7, but may\nbe elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem.\n\nThe offending line appears to be:\n\n tasks:\n - name: 'External IP Address'\n ^ here\n"}

NO MORE HOSTS LEFT ***********************************************************************************************************************************

PLAY RECAP *******************************************************************************************************************************************
127.0.0.1 : ok=1 changed=0 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=0 rescued=0 ignored=0

have you added the proper settings inside install-config.yml?
the following setting requires values

env_name: ""
site_host: "" 
server_host_name: ""
ssh_public_key: ""
ssh_username: ""