Validation/display condition within a question list

Hi, everyone.

I have within a question list a multichoice question: 1."A. Máscaras cirúrgicas"(Surgical Masks), an image capture question: 2. Por favor, tire uma foto do vestuário de protecção.(please, take a photo) and a text question: 3. Porque é que a foto foi ignorada? (why hasn't the photo been taken?).

What I want is that the third question be displayed only if the answer is "yes" for Máscaras cirúrgicas and "" for Por favor, tire uma foto do vestuário de protecção and I have I set a display condition as in the image below but that is not what is happening. When I choose "yes" for question 1, questions 2 and 3 are displayed.

This display condition works well if the multichoice question is outside the question list but I can't take it out because there are 4 multichoice questions within my question list. I just mentioned one of them because it's the same logic for others. Any explanation is welcome.

This sounds like it's behaving as expected, actually. I'd expect it to disappear if they do take a photo, does that happen?

Outside of a question list, you progress from one question to the next, but inside a question list, they are all displayed at the same time. There's no way to distinguish between a user who hasn't yet taken the photo and a user who is intentionally skipping that question. I believe you'll have to move the "Porque é que a foto foi ignorada?" question to another screen for this to work like that.

@Ethan_Soergel

Yes, if a photo is taken a photo, “Porque é que a foto foi ignorada" disappears.
By "I believe you’ll have to move the “Porque é que a foto foi ignorada?” question to another screen for this to work like that.", do you mean moving this question outside of the question list?

Yes that's right, I think what you are trying to do won't work in a question list.

An alternative that might work for you is to add another question:

Will you take a picture?

• Yes
  • No

Then if they select "Yes", show the picture question, and if they select "No", ask them why not.

With that approach, neither the picture question nor the "why not" question will appear until they answer "Will you take a picture"

Thank you @Ethan_Soergel for your help. The approach you have mentioned is really good.