*URGENT* Commcare After reboot

So i have just done as you have requested: -

cat /etc/fstab

Gives the output: -

After reboot i run the command: -

commcare-cloud <env> after-reboot all

i get this output: -

Looks like the ansible files have a failing update as of this moment.

Hi Ezra,

You might need to run update-code or manage-commcare-cloud install to install the dependencies for that to succeed.

Hello,
we have finally unmount /opt/data and have access to the file. But they are encrypted. How to decrypt them? We also noticed that when we do an after-reboot command the /opt/data folder is mounted again and all the file inside disappear.
Thanks

Hi

Let's try and get some more info on the disk setup. It looks like you are using LVM so perhaps there is something going on with that. Please can you run the following and send us the output:

(run as root or with sudo)

• List disks
    fdisk -l

• List LVM physical volumes
    pvdisplay

• List LVM volume groups
    vgdisplay

• List LVM logical volumes
    lvdisplay

hello simon. Thanks for your reply. Below you can see the output of command that you ask

Thanks, please also run the following:

mount
pvs -a
vgs -a

Do you know why you are using. It appears that you have assigned the entire /dev/sda disk to a single LVM volume.

Hello,
See below the output of the command.

Hi

I can see from the output of mount that the /opt/data directory is currently mounted twice (both by ecryptfs):

This likely explains the issues you are having. I suggest you copy the current files to a new location, unmount /opt/data/ and see what is left under the current encryption.

Hi simon
we unmount /opt/data, copy the current files to a folder call /opt/data_to_recovery

we launch an after-reboot command and the content of the folder /opt/data disappear again

This is the process I had in mind:

1. Copy the data from /opt/data
  2. Unmount /opt/data
  3. See what is in /opt/data after unmounting
    • at this point it will still mounted by ecryptfs (but not double mounted)
  4. Unmount it again and check the contents
    • unmounting a 2nd time should leave it in it's raw state (completely unencrypted).

Hello Simon,
We have followed your process.
1- we copy the data from /opt/data
2 - We unmount /opt/data. an ls /opt/data show all encryted files like you can see on the sceenshot below
3 - we run the "mount" command and we saw that /opt/data is not mounted (see the screenshot)
4 - we run unmount /opt/data again and it said that "/opt/data is not mounted (see the screenshot)

hello @Simon_Kelly any update?

Hi, I'm running out of suggestions. It appears that none of the encrypted mounts have any data in them.

What are the sizes of the encrypted files? You can run ls -lah to get the size of the files.

I'm also wondering if the LVM mount isn't masking the data. What is the output of df?

Hello @Simon_Kelly
This is the output of "ls -lah" and "df "when the /opt/data is unmounted

This is the output of those same command when /opt/data is mounted

Hi,

One of things you can try is to manually decrypt those files using ecrypt-recover-private (man-page) and see if you are able to decrypt those. We have never had to do this, so you might need to go through those docs to find out the right commands to do that.

Hello @Sravan_Reddy
Thanks for your reply. It's the first thing that we have tried with no result

What was the result with recovery? Were there any errors or was there anything missing?