Updated Case not reflected to Export data

Hi dears,

I had errors with some data (with hidden controls), I exported the data and
did the update to values. But after the update completed and the system
give me the data updated successfully, I exported the data but old values
appears not the new values?!.

Shall I did any update to export the new values or what/how?

Best Regards,
Mahmoud

Hi Mahmoud,

Were you using the case importer? Did you include the old data’s case IDs
in your Excel file when you imported it?

Unfortunately you can’t use the case importer to change the values of any
forms.

Thanks,
Sheel

··· On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 5:43 AM, Mahmoud Abo Shabo wrote:

Hi dears,

I had errors with some data (with hidden controls), I exported the data
and did the update to values. But after the update completed and the system
give me the data updated successfully, I exported the data but old values
appears not the new values?!.

Shall I did any update to export the new values or what/how?

Best Regards,
Mahmoud


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi
m: +1.781.428.5419 | skype: sheel_shah

Hi Sheel, thanks for your support

I used case importer by following this guide
https://help.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Updating+Cases+-+Setup+Excel+File.
Yep I have caseid in my Excel sheet and I used as an ID to update the cases
hidden values and the system give me a message that the cases updated. But
the old values are still exported when I exporting the cases data.

I do not understand your point?! sorry could you please give me more
explanation?

​Thanks
Mahmoud​

··· On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 10:31 PM, Sheel Shah wrote:

Hi Mahmoud,

Were you using the case importer? Did you include the old data’s case IDs
in your Excel file when you imported it?

Unfortunately you can’t use the case importer to change the values of any
forms.

Thanks,
Sheel

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 5:43 AM, Mahmoud Abo Shabo almustfa1@gmail.com wrote:

Hi dears,

I had errors with some data (with hidden controls), I exported the data
and did the update to values. But after the update completed and the system
give me the data updated successfully, I exported the data but old values
appears not the new values?!.

Shall I did any update to export the new values or what/how?

Best Regards,
Mahmoud


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi
m: +1.781.428.5419 | skype: sheel_shah


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/
topic/commcare-users/JgmJXgJsHw4/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Mahmoud,

Can you report an issue from your project space and attach the file you
used? We can try look at what was going on to debug this further.

Thanks,
Sheel

··· On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 5:07 AM, Mahmoud Abo Shabo wrote:

Hi Sheel, thanks for your support

I used case importer by following this guide
https://help.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Updating+Cases+-+Setup+Excel+File.
Yep I have caseid in my Excel sheet and I used as an ID to update the cases
hidden values and the system give me a message that the cases updated. But
the old values are still exported when I exporting the cases data.

I do not understand your point?! sorry could you please give me more
explanation?

​Thanks
Mahmoud​

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 10:31 PM, Sheel Shah sshah@dimagi.com wrote:

Hi Mahmoud,

Were you using the case importer? Did you include the old data’s case
IDs in your Excel file when you imported it?

Unfortunately you can’t use the case importer to change the values of any
forms.

Thanks,
Sheel

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 5:43 AM, Mahmoud Abo Shabo almustfa1@gmail.com wrote:

Hi dears,

I had errors with some data (with hidden controls), I exported the data
and did the update to values. But after the update completed and the system
give me the data updated successfully, I exported the data but old values
appears not the new values?!.

Shall I did any update to export the new values or what/how?

Best Regards,
Mahmoud


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi
m: +1.781.428.5419 | skype: sheel_shah


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/to
pic/commcare-users/JgmJXgJsHw4/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi
m: +1.781.428.5419 | skype: sheel_shah