Transfering Dataset from Ona to CommCare

Hi guys,

My organisation is transiting from Ona ona.io to CommCare and we are concern on how to move our beneficiaries data from Ona to CommCare.

Can somebody help out on how to go about it?

Thanks

Hello!

Thank you for your question! I'm happy to work with you to make sure you have a smooth transition from Ona to CommCare.

In order to make sure I understand your current needs well, do you mind outlining for me what you want to transition from Ona? Is it simply beneficiary data that you have collected in Excel spreadsheets that you want to transfer? Do you also want to transition your application(s)/survey(s)?

Once we know the type of data and what exactly needs to be transferred between the systems, I'm sure we can provide your organization with clear steps on how to go about this transition.

Thanks again, and hope to hear from you soon!

-Kai

Thanks a lot for your comment.

Yes, is simply beneficiary data that we've collected on On a, now in Excel spreadsheets that we want to transfer.

Thanks,

moyo

Great! It sounds to me like this is going to be a smooth transition for you.

To be clear, is each row in your Excel spreadsheet a different beneficiary? Or, are you repeating beneficiaries in your rows? CommCare has the ability to upload data directly from Excel, but I want to make sure you have set up your Excel file correctly for the upload.

The first step, of course, is going to be setting up your application on CommCare. Have you already begun this process?

Thanks!
Kai

That Kai,

What I have in the Excel dataset includes demographic and household variables for beneficiaries and vulnerability criteria for the beneficiaries. So each of these variables has it own column on the Excel sheet.

Yes, I have created the survey form on CommCare already.

Thank you for your support on this.

Moyo

Great!

I'd love to help you even further, and I believe this will require sharing what the data looks like with us, the project space, and your ideal workflows. In order to keep the conversation going, do you mind going to your project space and clicking on the "report an issue" button found here:

Once you submit the form, this will create a ticket for us to continue working with you on a separate, secure ticketing software. Once we get this sorted, I can return to this thread and update it so that others can reference it as well.

Thanks!
Kai