Tableau Integration - new Case Properties not staying "selected" in the integration feed

Hi there,

I added a few new hidden values to a form which I'd like to save as Case Properties moving forward. The hidden values are all saved as Case Properties.

I have an OData integration to Tableau already established. I went into the existing integration link to "select" the new case properties to be included in the existing OData link, but every time I select them and save, I go back into the feed settings and they are unchecked again. Any ideas what is happening?

Trying to avoid having to build a new integration and re-do the work in Tableau...

Thanks!

Hello!

Updating existing OData feeds is not something that can be done in CommCare. What happens when an existing OData feed is edited is that CommCare creates a copy of that feed, including the new edits. This is why clicking into the original feed does not show the changes you've made.

Instead, look to the PowerBi/Tableau Integration main page and you should see a new feed named 'Copy of {Original feed},' after making an edit.

To my understanding, Tableau should allow you to edit the connection of a worksheet. Hopefully, any re-work in Tableau will be minimal when you attach your new feed.

1 Like