I want to sort items contained in lookup tables so that the options appear in alphabetical order on the tablets.
Is this the correct procedure?
- Download the existing lookup tables into a multi-tab Excel file
- Sort the items in the tables on the different Excel tabs
- Delete the content of the UID cells in all tables
- Keep the ‘N’ values in the ‘Delete?’ columns
- Save the Excel file
- Upload the Excel file selecting ‘replace’ existing lookup tables.
- Sync tablet
I have completed steps 1 to 5 and just want reassurance before proceeding!
Is there anyone there who help with the UID question?
Ethan had a quick question / suggestion about the UID that I think was obscured by the formatting in the previous message. I’ve included it below
Delete the content of the UID cells in all tables
Thanks Clayton and Ethan.
I uploaded the sorted look-up tables with the existing UID cells in place and the new sorting was not reflected in the look-up tables on the tablets. I will now delete the UID fields and hopefully this will sort out the problem.
Thanks for your support.