SKIP Logic and data view or export for case & Module

Dear Commcare users

I am trying to add skip logic in my application but could not manage,
How is possible to use skip logic to skip one or more than one
questions ???

Secondly case management allow us to collect the data of a patient
during repeated visits but how we can export that data of a case or a
module (which shows all the cases) ???

Regards

Shahid

Shahid,

Regarding skip logic: Are you using the Vellum Form Designer in CommCare HQ
to design your form? If so, I can forward along some documentation about
defining skip rules.

In order to look at the data you’ve received for cases, you can click on

Reports -> Select Report -> Case List

in CommCareHQ to get a list of all open cases for your deployment. You can
see all of the updated and linked information for the cases.

To export case data, you can navigate to

Reports -> Select Report -> Export Cases, Referrals, and Users

-Clayton

··· On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 5:01 AM, Shahid wrote:

Dear Commcare users

I am trying to add skip logic in my application but could not manage,
How is possible to use skip logic to skip one or more than one
questions ???

Secondly case management allow us to collect the data of a patient
during repeated visits but how we can export that data of a case or a
module (which shows all the cases) ???

Regards

Shahid

Yes I am using Vellum form designer…

Any possibilty to export module data ???

Shahid

Vellum’s skip logic is designed to be set by the questions which should be
skipped. The concept in the designer is referred to as “relevant” or
"relevancy".

Imagine you have three questions, A, B, C. If A = 1, you ask B, if A = 2,
you ask C. if A = 3, both questions are asked. To configure this you would
create all three questions, and then go to question B and click on "Edit"
for the “relevancy” attribute and set the value to a logical expression
which says A= 1 or A = 3. then do the same for C, setting A = 2 or A = 3.

If you want to skip multiple questions with the same condition, you can
place the questions into a group and configure the Relevant attribute for
the group.

What do you mean by “export module data”? The forms and the cases are all
of the data which you collect in a module, and you should be able to export
them with the reports as I mentioned above.

-Clayton

··· On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 3:58 AM, Shahid wrote:

Yes I am using Vellum form designer…

Any possibilty to export module data ???

Shahid

Thats very clear Clayton about skip logic , thanks for the detailed
answer…

About export of module data, Commcare provides a facility that we can
register one patient and after that we can just record repeated visits
of same patients so we should be able to review this data in linear
order for example I have one module TB and in that module I have two
forms , one is registration and second is visits, when I have to enter
a new patient in the module I use registration and after that when
that patient will do the next visit I will use the form visit to
capture the data under the registered patient either using name or
external ID etc now I want to export this data in excel or CSV , which
should appear like first column registration information and after
visit01 , visit02 … I should be able to export the information
all the patients in one module for example I have 100 patients in one
module I can slect the module and export all the information of all
the patients and can view and prepare reports…
Currently I can export the information per form , that is not convient
as registration is a seperate form and visit is a seperate form but
information in data export is required together ???

Regards

Shahid

Shahid,

The “Reports -> Select Report -> Export Cases, Referrals, and Users” report
should be able to export what you are looking for, but you’ll have to add
any of the case data that you are looking to collect into the cases. This
is the data that you configure in the “Updates the Case” section of “Cases
and Referrals” when looking at a form in CommCare HQ. All of the fields
that are updated in the case should be visible in that exported report
after they have been added to the case when forms are filled out.

Can you try adding the fields you’re interested in to the cases, and see
whether the exported report data is the format you’re looking for?

-Clayton

··· On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 7:46 AM, Shahid wrote:

Thats very clear Clayton about skip logic , thanks for the detailed
answer…

About export of module data, Commcare provides a facility that we can
register one patient and after that we can just record repeated visits
of same patients so we should be able to review this data in linear
order for example I have one module TB and in that module I have two
forms , one is registration and second is visits, when I have to enter
a new patient in the module I use registration and after that when
that patient will do the next visit I will use the form visit to
capture the data under the registered patient either using name or
external ID etc now I want to export this data in excel or CSV , which
should appear like first column registration information and after
visit01 , visit02 … I should be able to export the information
all the patients in one module for example I have 100 patients in one
module I can slect the module and export all the information of all
the patients and can view and prepare reports…
Currently I can export the information per form , that is not convient
as registration is a seperate form and visit is a seperate form but
information in data export is required together ???

Regards

Shahid

Hi Clayton,

I’ve bumped into a similar situation as Shahid, and don’t believe the
"Export Cases, Referrals, and Users" report will provide him with what he
is hoping to see.

Consider the following scenario…
I have a pregnancy module that includes a prenatal form. The prenatal form
is used to record the patient weight during each prenatal visit, and the*most recent
*patient weight is stored as a case property. Since each case property can
only contain one value, the case always stores the patient weight from the most
recent
visit (unless you ‘hack’ the case to store multiple weight values
using different case property names…which gets a bit complex when the
number of prenatal visits is not known). However, what I would like to
easily download is both the most recent patient weight and the patient
weight from each of the previous prenatal visits.

I do not believe the exported case information is sufficient to see both
the current and previous patient weights. To get this information, I would
need to export the raw data from the prenatal visit form. While certainly
possible, this gets a bit complex when my module has many more forms, some
of which may be updating the same case properties (e.g. say I want to see a
patient weight progression spanning both prenatal and postpartum visits).

I’m not sure if there is a nice solution to this. I certainly appreciate
the fact that exported ‘raw’ form data also includes case property values
that may have been updated when the form was submitted.

Perhaps supporting a custom export spanning two or more forms would meet
the need??? For example, a custom export of both prenatal and postpartum
form data along with the case property values resulting from each form
submission.

Hope this helps rather than creating confusion.

Ray

Hi Clayton

I can view and export the data that is in update the case menue , but
it is not fullfilling the needs, I briefly explain you a scenario
simlier like Ray explained above…
I have one module TB which has two forms Registration and Visit , now
I register 50 patients in module using Registration form and after few
days I captured 5 visits of each patient (visited different days) ,
now I need the data (report or export) where Registration and Visit or
two seprate forms (Registration is only once but visits are repeated)
and at the end of month I need data of all register patients like
below :

Registration Visit
dated01/01/2012 Visit
dated05/01/2012 … visit 1dated2/01/2012

paitent01 weight,
symptoms etc weight, symptoms
etc weight , symptoms etc
name, date of birth etc

patient02
name date of birth etc weight, symptoms
etc weight, symptoms
etc weight , symptoms etc

.
.
.
.
.
.Patient50
Name, date of birth etc weight, symptoms
etc weight, symptoms
etc weight , symptoms etc

regards

Shahid

Hey Ray and Shahid,

Currently this isn’t possible to do in CommCare HQ and the only way to do
it is from the form data export and using the case_id to link things.
However, this is a feature that several people have asked for and we’re
planning on prioritizing a more complete case export sometime soon in the
future. We’ll keep you updated as soon as we have something for you to try
out.

thanks,
Cory

··· On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 5:23 AM, Shahid wrote:

Hi Clayton

I can view and export the data that is in update the case menue , but
it is not fullfilling the needs, I briefly explain you a scenario
simlier like Ray explained above…
I have one module TB which has two forms Registration and Visit , now
I register 50 patients in module using Registration form and after few
days I captured 5 visits of each patient (visited different days) ,
now I need the data (report or export) where Registration and Visit or
two seprate forms (Registration is only once but visits are repeated)
and at the end of month I need data of all register patients like
below :

Registration Visit
dated01/01/2012 Visit
dated05/01/2012 … visit 1dated2/01/2012

paitent01 weight,
symptoms etc weight, symptoms
etc weight , symptoms etc
name, date of birth etc

patient02
name date of birth etc weight, symptoms
etc weight, symptoms
etc weight , symptoms etc

.
.
.
.
.
.Patient50
Name, date of birth etc weight, symptoms
etc weight, symptoms
etc weight , symptoms etc

regards

Shahid