Setting up a questionnaire

Hi,

I needed help in setting up a questionnaire on comcare HQ. I work for a
sport for development programme and we conduct a discussion with children
before sessions begin and at the end of 16 sessions to see if there is any
change in knowledge, attitutde and perception.

*1) *Do you always wash your hands with both soap and water
especially after using the toilet?

Options

• Girls*

*Boys *

Yes

Not Sure

No

This is an example question. The idea is to ask questions to children in a
group and then count the number of children who respond to each category
and then count responses by Gender.

How do I set this up in the system? Many thanks in advance..

Hi,
One way will be to do the following:
Q1) Multi-Choice Question (Question ID: Sex) and the Label: Sex of
respondent. Options:
A) Male B) Female

Q2) Multi-Choice Question (Question ID: HandWashing) and the Label will be:
Do you always wash ..... The options will then be;
A) Yes, B) Not Sure, C) No

Note: If you need to do analysis at age group level then you will have to
ask for the age of respondent using the Integer Question Type.

Hope this will help.

Yaw

··· On 29 Jan 2017 8:37 a.m., "Supriya Kulkarni-Padhye" < supriyakpadhye@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Options

• Girls*

*Boys *

Yes

Not Sure

No

This is an example question. The idea is to ask questions to children in a
group and then count the number of children who respond to each category

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thank you for the response!

However I am not sure if I understand this correctly.

We require the mobile user to calculate how many boys answer yes, maybe or
no and same for girls.

We ask boys and girls to raise their hands at the same time while asking
question.

··· On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 10:41:40 PM UTC+13, YAW ANTWI-ADJEI wrote: > > Hi, > One way will be to do the following: > Q1) Multi-Choice Question (Question ID: Sex) and the Label: Sex of > respondent. Options: > A) Male B) Female > > Q2) Multi-Choice Question (Question ID: HandWashing) and the Label will > be: Do you always wash ..... The options will then be; > A) Yes, B) Not Sure, C) No > > Note: If you need to do analysis at age group level then you will have to > ask for the age of respondent using the Integer Question Type. > > Hope this will help. > > Yaw > > > On 29 Jan 2017 8:37 a.m., "Supriya Kulkarni-Padhye" <supriya...@gmail.com > wrote: > > Hi, > > I needed help in setting up a questionnaire on comcare HQ. I work for a > sport for development programme and we conduct a discussion with children > before sessions begin and at the end of 16 sessions to see if there is any > change in knowledge, attitutde and perception. > > *1) **Do you always wash your hands with both soap and water > especially after using the toilet?* > > > > > > *Options* > > * Girls* > > *Boys * > > *Yes* > > > > > > *Not Sure* > > > > > > *No* > > > > > > > > > > > > This is an example question. The idea is to ask questions to children in a > group and then count the number of children who respond to each category > and then count responses by Gender. > > > How do I set this up in the system? Many thanks in advance.. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "commcare-users" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > >

Hi,
Are you saying for each of the 16 sessions the mobile user will count the
number of boys and girls and at the end sum them up?

If this is the scenario my next question is: are you having all the 16
sessions during the same day? And what other questions are you asking?

I think you can use the Repeat Group to do this. Maybe if you can explain
it further it will help.

Yaw

··· On 30 Jan 2017 10:19, "Supriya Kulkarni-Padhye" wrote:

Thank you for the response!

However I am not sure if I understand this correctly.

We require the mobile user to calculate how many boys answer yes, maybe or
no and same for girls.

We ask boys and girls to raise their hands at the same time while asking
question.

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 10:41:40 PM UTC+13, YAW ANTWI-ADJEI wrote:

Hi,
One way will be to do the following:
Q1) Multi-Choice Question (Question ID: Sex) and the Label: Sex of
respondent. Options:
A) Male B) Female

Q2) Multi-Choice Question (Question ID: HandWashing) and the Label will
be: Do you always wash ..... The options will then be;
A) Yes, B) Not Sure, C) No

Note: If you need to do analysis at age group level then you will have to
ask for the age of respondent using the Integer Question Type.

Hope this will help.

Yaw

On 29 Jan 2017 8:37 a.m., "Supriya Kulkarni-Padhye" supriya...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Options

• Girls*

*Boys *

Yes

Not Sure

No

This is an example question. The idea is to ask questions to children in
a group and then count the number of children who respond to each category

--
"commcare-users" group.
email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com.

--
"commcare-users" group.
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Hi Yaw,

Thank you so much.. Do you use skype might be able to explain better on
skype?

No.. we dont do it for all 16 sessions.. Just before session 1 and at
session 16.

To see if there is a change in knowledge atttiude and perception before and
after the sessions.

··· On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 11:30:10 PM UTC+13, YAW ANTWI-ADJEI wrote: > > Hi, > Are you saying for each of the 16 sessions the mobile user will count the > number of boys and girls and at the end sum them up? > > If this is the scenario my next question is: are you having all the 16 > sessions during the same day? And what other questions are you asking? > > I think you can use the Repeat Group to do this. Maybe if you can explain > it further it will help. > > Yaw > > On 30 Jan 2017 10:19, "Supriya Kulkarni-Padhye" <supriya...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> Thank you for the response! >> >> >> However I am not sure if I understand this correctly. >> >> We require the mobile user to calculate how many boys answer yes, maybe >> or no and same for girls. >> >> We ask boys and girls to raise their hands at the same time while asking >> question. >> >> On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 10:41:40 PM UTC+13, YAW ANTWI-ADJEI wrote: >>> >>> Hi, >>> One way will be to do the following: >>> Q1) Multi-Choice Question (Question ID: Sex) and the Label: Sex of >>> respondent. Options: >>> A) Male B) Female >>> >>> Q2) Multi-Choice Question (Question ID: HandWashing) and the Label will >>> be: Do you always wash ..... The options will then be; >>> A) Yes, B) Not Sure, C) No >>> >>> Note: If you need to do analysis at age group level then you will have >>> to ask for the age of respondent using the Integer Question Type. >>> >>> Hope this will help. >>> >>> Yaw >>> >>> >>> On 29 Jan 2017 8:37 a.m., "Supriya Kulkarni-Padhye" < supriya...@gmail.com> wrote: >>> >>> Hi, >>> >>> I needed help in setting up a questionnaire on comcare HQ. I work for a >>> sport for development programme and we conduct a discussion with children >>> before sessions begin and at the end of 16 sessions to see if there is any >>> change in knowledge, attitutde and perception. >>> >>> *1) **Do you always wash your hands with both soap and water >>> especially after using the toilet?* >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> *Options* >>> >>> * Girls* >>> >>> *Boys * >>> >>> *Yes* >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> *Not Sure* >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> *No* >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> This is an example question. The idea is to ask questions to children in >>> a group and then count the number of children who respond to each category >>> and then count responses by Gender. >>> >>> >>> How do I set this up in the system? Many thanks in advance.. >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>> >>> >>> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> >

Hi Yaw,

I have attached the questionnaire for your reference.

Thanks,

Supriya

··· On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 11:31:57 PM UTC+13, Supriya Kulkarni-Padhye wrote: > > Hi Yaw, > > Thank you so much.. Do you use skype might be able to explain better on > skype? > > No.. we dont do it for all 16 sessions.. Just before session 1 and at > session 16. > > To see if there is a change in knowledge atttiude and perception before > and after the sessions. > > > > On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 11:30:10 PM UTC+13, YAW ANTWI-ADJEI wrote: >> >> Hi, >> Are you saying for each of the 16 sessions the mobile user will count the >> number of boys and girls and at the end sum them up? >> >> If this is the scenario my next question is: are you having all the 16 >> sessions during the same day? And what other questions are you asking? >> >> I think you can use the Repeat Group to do this. Maybe if you can explain >> it further it will help. >> >> Yaw >> >> On 30 Jan 2017 10:19, "Supriya Kulkarni-Padhye" wrote: >> >>> Thank you for the response! >>> >>> >>> However I am not sure if I understand this correctly. >>> >>> We require the mobile user to calculate how many boys answer yes, maybe >>> or no and same for girls. >>> >>> We ask boys and girls to raise their hands at the same time while asking >>> question. >>> >>> On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 10:41:40 PM UTC+13, YAW ANTWI-ADJEI wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi, >>>> One way will be to do the following: >>>> Q1) Multi-Choice Question (Question ID: Sex) and the Label: Sex of >>>> respondent. Options: >>>> A) Male B) Female >>>> >>>> Q2) Multi-Choice Question (Question ID: HandWashing) and the Label will >>>> be: Do you always wash ..... The options will then be; >>>> A) Yes, B) Not Sure, C) No >>>> >>>> Note: If you need to do analysis at age group level then you will have >>>> to ask for the age of respondent using the Integer Question Type. >>>> >>>> Hope this will help. >>>> >>>> Yaw >>>> >>>> >>>> On 29 Jan 2017 8:37 a.m., "Supriya Kulkarni-Padhye" < supriya...@gmail.com> wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi, >>>> >>>> I needed help in setting up a questionnaire on comcare HQ. I work for a >>>> sport for development programme and we conduct a discussion with children >>>> before sessions begin and at the end of 16 sessions to see if there is any >>>> change in knowledge, attitutde and perception. >>>> >>>> *1) **Do you always wash your hands with both soap and water >>>> especially after using the toilet?* >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> *Options* >>>> >>>> * Girls* >>>> >>>> *Boys * >>>> >>>> *Yes* >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> *Not Sure* >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> *No* >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> This is an example question. The idea is to ask questions to children >>>> in a group and then count the number of children who respond to each >>>> category and then count responses by Gender. >>>> >>>> >>>> How do I set this up in the system? Many thanks in advance.. >>>> >>>> -- >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>>> >>>> >>>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>> >>