Saving multimedia (photos) to case data


(Carolyn Commons) #1

Is it possible to save multimedia to case data so that you can view a photo
when opening a child case? Right now it won’t even let me save the photo
data to the case data.


(William Pride) #2

Carolyn,

Unfortunately this is not currently possibly.

Cheers,
Will

··· On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 12:57 AM, Carolyn Commons wrote:

Is it possible to save multimedia to case data so that you can view a
photo when opening a child case? Right now it won’t even let me save the
photo data to the case data.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


(Carolyn Commons) #3

Hi Will,

Do you know if it’s possible to display multimedia in a lookup table?

Thanks!

··· On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 9:36:37 PM UTC-7, William Pride wrote: > > Carolyn, > > Unfortunately this is not currently possibly. > > Cheers, > Will > > On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 12:57 AM, Carolyn Commons <crco...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> Is it possible to save multimedia to case data so that you can view a >> photo when opening a child case? Right now it won't even let me save the >> photo data to the case data. >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > >

(William Pride) #4

Carolyn,

We do have a grid view type question
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Advanced+CommCare+Android+Formatting#AdvancedCommCareAndroidFormatting-GridView
that
allows you to display images instead of text in select questions. I believe
this will work with look-up table backed questions; however, I’ve never
used this myself so can’t say for sure. Definitely worth a try though.

Cheers,
Will

··· On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 6:52 PM, Carolyn Commons wrote:

Hi Will,

Do you know if it’s possible to display multimedia in a lookup table?

Thanks!

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 9:36:37 PM UTC-7, William Pride wrote:

Carolyn,

Unfortunately this is not currently possibly.

Cheers,
Will

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 12:57 AM, Carolyn Commons crco...@gmail.com wrote:

Is it possible to save multimedia to case data so that you can view a
photo when opening a child case? Right now it won’t even let me save the
photo data to the case data.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


(Jessie ) #5

Hi I see this post is from over a year ago - any chance saving multimedia to case data is possible now? Is this something Dimagi plans to move forward with soon?

Thanks, Jessie


(Devendra More | Director of Product, SaaS) #6

Hi Jessie,

Saving multimedia to case data is not supported, and, at this point, we don’t have plans to support this in the near term future. Since CommCare apps are optimized for performance and operations in a low resource [ eg. low memory devices] setting, and case data is stored on the phone for offline usage, supporting this use case elegantly is not that straightforward.

Thanks,
Dev


(Jessie ) #7

Understood Dev, thanks for the clarification!