Restrict Web users access based on application

Hi,
How to figure out web user restriction based on application ?:
Let me explain:

• We have a domain and in this we have 3 applications (App1, App2, App3)
  • we setup Supervisor account who will be able to "Edit data" in App3
  • And i don't want that users with this Role(Supervisor) can see others
    applications (App1,App2)

​Thanks for your help​

Hi Babacar

Sorry for the delay in answering your question and thanks for sending it to
the forum!

CommCareHQ has a feature that allows you to set permissions for web users
to access different reports, data, user management and application building
in general. However, I believe this feature does not actually allow you to
set web user permissions for specific applications. So in your example, no,
right now we do not have the feature that allows Supervisor to see only
apps 1 and 2.

Perhaps if I'm wrong, others can jump in to confirm.

Maybe you can describe in more detail what you are trying to achieve and we
can give more advice on how you might be able to organize your apps or
users to make it possible.

Cheers,

Mohini

··· On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 3:54:56 PM UTC, Babacar Gueye wrote: > > Hi, > How to figure out web user restriction based on application ?: > Let me explain: > > - We have a domain and in this we have 3 applications (App1, App2, > App3) > - we setup Supervisor account who will be able to "Edit data" in App3 > - And i don't want that users with this Role(Supervisor) can see > others applications (App1,App2) > > ​Thanks for your help​ >

Hello both,

I'm wondering if this has since changed and if we would be allowed to restrict access to a particular application for specific web users. I try to set up multiple applications within a project space and there are some applications that will harbor sensitive data that should not be accessible by all web users within my project space. I would appreciate your support and guidance on this.

Cheers,
T.

The short answer is no, this hasn't changed. Web users can't be restricted access to specific applications. Mobile workers can, however, if you use those (via the "Web Apps Permissions" page on the users tab). FYI this is an area of active development, so you may see some changes here over the coming months.

You may also be interested in this feature to restrict access by location:
https://dimagi.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/commcarepublic/pages/2143946275/Location-Based+Data+Access+and+User+Editing+Restrictions

1 Like