Responding to verification SMS for CommConnect

Hi,

I have been trying to verify my mobile users' phone numbers so that I can
get access to CommConnect reports. However they are unable to respond to
the verification SMSs sent through CommCareHQ (no reply number is
provided). Am I missing something very obvious here?

Thanks in advance,

Jolani

Hi Jolani,

I think we don't support replying to our phone number from S. Africa (HQ
can send messages to phone numbers, but can't receive messages from there).
For now, to verify your phone number, you can reply to our US number (+1
617 575 2704).

Sheel

··· On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Jolani de la Porte < jolanidlp@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have been trying to verify my mobile users' phone numbers so that I can
get access to CommConnect reports. However they are unable to respond to
the verification SMSs sent through CommCareHQ (no reply number is
provided). Am I missing something very obvious here?

Thanks in advance,

Jolani

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi India
t: +91 1146704670 | m: +91 9560187282

Hi sheel,
I replied to this number and the phone is still not verified, after two days and two times.

-Emeka Chukwu-

··· Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 26, 2013, at 6:32 PM, Sheel Shah sshah@dimagi.com wrote:

Hi Jolani,

I think we don't support replying to our phone number from S. Africa (HQ can send messages to phone numbers, but can't receive messages from there). For now, to verify your phone number, you can reply to our US number (+1 617 575 2704).

Sheel

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Jolani de la Porte jolanidlp@googlemail.com wrote:
Hi,

I have been trying to verify my mobile users' phone numbers so that I can get access to CommConnect reports. However they are unable to respond to the verification SMSs sent through CommCareHQ (no reply number is provided). Am I missing something very obvious here?

Thanks in advance,

Jolani

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

--
Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi India
t: +91 1146704670 | m: +91 9560187282

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Hi Sheel,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try that and report back.

Jolani

··· On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:32:21 PM UTC+2, Sheel Shah wrote: > > Hi Jolani, > > I think we don't support replying to our phone number from S. Africa (HQ > can send messages to phone numbers, but can't receive messages from there). > For now, to verify your phone number, you can reply to our US number (+1 > 617 575 2704). > > Sheel > > > On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Jolani de la Porte < jola...@googlemail.com > wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I have been trying to verify my mobile users' phone numbers so that I can >> get access to CommConnect reports. However they are unable to respond to >> the verification SMSs sent through CommCareHQ (no reply number is >> provided). Am I missing something very obvious here? >> >> Thanks in advance, >> >> Jolani >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >> >> >> > > > > -- > Sheel Shah > Project Manager | Dimagi India > t: +91 1146704670 | m: +91 9560187282 > > >

Thanks Sheel, this worked.

Jolani
(Malawi)

··· On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:32:21 PM UTC+2, Sheel Shah wrote: > > Hi Jolani, > > I think we don't support replying to our phone number from S. Africa (HQ > can send messages to phone numbers, but can't receive messages from there). > For now, to verify your phone number, you can reply to our US number (+1 > 617 575 2704). > > Sheel > > > On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Jolani de la Porte < jola...@googlemail.com > wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I have been trying to verify my mobile users' phone numbers so that I can >> get access to CommConnect reports. However they are unable to respond to >> the verification SMSs sent through CommCareHQ (no reply number is >> provided). Am I missing something very obvious here? >> >> Thanks in advance, >> >> Jolani >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >> >> >> > > > > -- > Sheel Shah > Project Manager | Dimagi India > t: +91 1146704670 | m: +91 9560187282 > > >