Repeat groups and case properties

To anyone that can help.

Im trying to figure out the best way forward. Here is the scenario.
So we have a case called food_recall. For this case we have a static list of about 100 food items, this list doesnt change. For each static food item, the exact same 6 questions are asked.

So the layout kinda looks like this:

Food Item 1 - (Eggs)
-Question1 - What is the main place of consumption of [FOOD ITEM]? ()
-Question2 - How many units of [FOOD ITEM] did you consume during the last 7 days?
-Question3 - etc
-Question4 - etc
-Question5 - etc
-Question6 - etc
Food Item 2 - (Alcohol)
-Question1 - What is the main place of consumption of [FOOD ITEM]?
-Question2 - How many units of [FOOD ITEM] did you consume during the last 7 days?
-Question3 - etc
-Question4 - etc
-Question5 - etc
-Question6 - etc

What comes to mind is a repeat group and making use of a lookup table to store the static food items.
Then using the repeat group just loop through the food items in the lookup table so that those same 6 questions can be asked for each food item.

However the problem comes in, is they want these question answers for each food item linked as case properties and the ability to open up the form again and make changes in the repeat group. Obviously they want to be able to report on this as well when they export case data and have these food items with their questions come up in the case export for a food_recall case. Is there a way to do this in a repeat group?

Is using a repeat group with child cases and then looping through the food items in a lookup table a possible solution to this? And how would you go about this?

The only other option I can think of is manually creating each food item in a question group with those 6 questions. However this becomes a very tedious copy paste routine for 100 food items. However I know that should work because I can then create case properties for each question and set their default value. However that is very tedious way of doing it.

Any help at a possible solution to this would be greatly appreciated.

@Clayton_Sims
@Simon_Kelly
@Ethan_Soergel

I think making use of a repeat group to create child cases might be a solution to this. Im battling to find helpful documentation on how to do this though to test that theory.

I see it mentions it here in the link below:
Using Repeat Groups in the Form Builder - CommCare Public - Global Site (dimagi.com)

Could anyone point me in the right direction as to where I could find some more documentation on how to set something like this up? An existing example would be awesome even if its completely different to what I need.

@Clayton_Sims
@Simon_Kelly
@Ethan_Soergel