I am using the following epression to limit integers to maximum of 3,
although the expression works on regex check sites it doesn't limit how
numbers can be input. Any suggestions?

regex(., '[1]{1,3}')

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Please excuse any syntax errors. This email was sent from my phone.
07932 107109.

1. 0-9 ↩︎

You can try including string-length(.) < 4 in your expression

Jeremy

··· On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 11:53:51 PM UTC-5, Simon Berry wrote: > > I would try .<4 as a validation condition or .<4 and .>-1 > > I'm not sure this is the precise syntax. But I think this approach is the > right one. > > Simon > > On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 3:27 AM, William Elson <willia...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> Couple of questions regarding regex expressions. Do they have to be >> applied to 'TEXT' questions or can they also be applied to 'INTEGER' type >> questions >> >> I am using the following epression to limit integers to maximum of 3, >> although the expression works on regex check sites it doesn't limit how >> numbers can be input. Any suggestions? >> >> >> regex(., '^[0-9]{1,3}') >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > -- > Please excuse any syntax errors. This email was sent from my phone. > 07932 107109. >

This Regular expression regex(., '^\d{4}$') ensures that you only input 4 digits(numbers), you can change it to the length you want e.g to limit to 3 integers use this regex(., '^\d{3}$') or you can use a much longer but easy to understand one regex(., '^[0-9][0-9][0-9]$') which only allows 3 integers. I hope i answered your question, right? If not, rephrase it, i may not have understood it well. cheers