Offline GPS coordinates

please help with capturing GPS coordinates without WIFI or Data plan- no
connectivity.

Hey Sallieu,

As far as I know, GPS should work without any connectivity but often with
less accuracy. If you’re finding this not to be the case, then its possibly
a device limitation (IE the device doesn’t have GPS and so only uses cell
triangulation or WiFi).

Best,
Will

··· On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Sallieu Dumbuya <sallieu.dumbuya@gmail.com wrote:

please help with capturing GPS coordinates without WIFI or Data plan- no
connectivity.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S 3, which has GPS.

··· On Jul 11, 2016 3:47 PM, "William Pride" wrote:

Hey Sallieu,

As far as I know, GPS should work without any connectivity but often with
less accuracy. If you’re finding this not to be the case, then its possibly
a device limitation (IE the device doesn’t have GPS and so only uses cell
triangulation or WiFi).

Best,
Will

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Sallieu Dumbuya < sallieu.dumbuya@gmail.com> wrote:

please help with capturing GPS coordinates without WIFI or Data plan- no
connectivity.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Sallieu,

One thing that might help would be to ensure that the GPS has had a chance
to cold start with another app (like the maps app) before using it with
CommCare. We don’t leave the GPS on for very long for data reasons, so if
the GPS is starting up for the first time and acquiring satellite data, the
phone may not be getting enough time to start up.

A quick google search also implies that the S3 in particular may have some
problems with its built-in GPS. It could be worth a review to see if the
hardware is having problems with your device.

-Clayton

··· On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Sallieu Dumbuya <sallieu.dumbuya@gmail.com wrote:

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S 3, which has GPS.
On Jul 11, 2016 3:47 PM, “William Pride” wpride@dimagi.com wrote:

Hey Sallieu,

As far as I know, GPS should work without any connectivity but often with
less accuracy. If you’re finding this not to be the case, then its possibly
a device limitation (IE the device doesn’t have GPS and so only uses cell
triangulation or WiFi).

Best,
Will

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Sallieu Dumbuya < sallieu.dumbuya@gmail.com> wrote:

please help with capturing GPS coordinates without WIFI or Data plan- no
connectivity.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.