Dear CommCare Users,
Our field team has been hard at work developing guidance material to help
you and your teams understand new features on CommCareHQ and how to use
The wiki page is located
When you’re logged in on CommCareHQ, there is also a handy button you can
click on for direct access to the wiki page. Find it on the black panel at
the bottom of the screen.
Here is a list of latest documentation updates on our wiki page and of
course more to come.
Create Applications - Tips in our *Getting Started with CommCare *section:
- If you haven’t seen it yet, check out our Beginner’s Tutorialhttps://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Beginner+Tutorial -
a guide that walks you through setting up a CommCare app of your own
- Build excellent appshttps://wiki.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Best+Practices+-+Application+Creation with
tips from our team of global implementers
- We’ve noted common logic and calculations https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Common+Logic+and+Calculationsused
- Copy and share applicationshttps://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Copy+an+Application from
one domain to another easily
Our section on using Multimedia in CommCare has new content!
- Landing page contains information about adding new multimedia https://wiki.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Multimedia+in+CommCarein
Vellum (our forms designer)
- Use our multimedia manager and reference checkerhttps://wiki.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Multimedia+Manager to
upload your multimedia directly to HQ
- Basics on processing audio fileshttps://wiki.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Audio+in+CommCare using
Audacity, image re-sizinghttps://wiki.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Images+in+CommCare
and formating videos https://wiki.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Video+in+CommCarefor
New resources are available in our Training and Implementation Support
- CommCare Manualshttps://confluence.dimagi.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4718831
Latest one is from Nigeria!
- Scroll down the page for FAQ Guides for Technical Support staff and
Mobile Workers (your CommCare users) Click herehttps://confluence.dimagi.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4718831
- Facilitation guides for CommCare Trainers that provides step by step
tips for trainers of CommCare for Java phones Click herehttps://confluence.dimagi.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4718831
*Monitor Your Project - *Learn about the different reports, and exports
- Brief descriptions of what all performance reports on HQ https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Monitoring+Your+Project
- Did you know you can set up HQ reports that get sent right to your
email? See herehttps://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Configuring+Email+Reports
- All about exporting your datahttps://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Raw+Data -
Dont get confused between case exports and form exports and custom exports,
and full exports, and bulk form exports
- For those new to excel, we have great handouts so you can start
looking at your data: Fundamentalshttps://confluence.dimagi.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=11010257
If you have ideas and/or suggestions for content on the wiki, please free
free to send me a request at email@example.com.
Have a great day!