Need Help: setting up weekly summary email of collected data

Hello,

I am trying to setup a weekly email that will email out a report with only
the data collected as displayed in the “Data >
Export Forms” section of CommCare. However all I can see to do is just
email out weekly updates that monitor the status of workers. However that
is not what I want to send out. I need the data that is collected in the
field sent out on a weekly basis in a spreadsheet format.

How can I setup such a weekly update?

I have looked at the help page here
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Managing+Saved+and+Scheduled+Email+Reports
but it gives me information on emailing out other data types related to
worker activities so it is not useful.

Please help,

Douglas.

Hello, Douglas,

We do not currently support emailed reports of data exports. The idea is
posted on Dimati’s Uservoice and we encourage everyone to vote on ideas
that they would like to see added to CommCare.

Here is a link to the idea:
http://dimagi.uservoice.com/forums/194740-data/suggestions/4120150-scheduled-and-saved-custom-exports

Thanks,

Jeremy

··· On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Douglas Ian Scott < douglas.i.scott@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to setup a weekly email that will email out a report with only
the data collected as displayed in the “Data >
Export Forms” section of CommCare. However all I can see to do is just
email out weekly updates that monitor the status of workers. However that
is not what I want to send out. I need the data that is collected in the
field sent out on a weekly basis in a spreadsheet format.

How can I setup such a weekly update?

I have looked at the help page here
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Managing+Saved+and+Scheduled+Email+Reports
but it gives me information on emailing out other data types related to
worker activities so it is not useful.

Please help,

Douglas.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.

Thanks for letting me know Jeremy. I will look into it.

Cheers,

Douglas.

··· On 19 September 2014 04:49, Jeremy W. wrote:

Hello, Douglas,

We do not currently support emailed reports of data exports. The idea is
posted on Dimati’s Uservoice and we encourage everyone to vote on ideas
that they would like to see added to CommCare.

Here is a link to the idea:
http://dimagi.uservoice.com/forums/194740-data/suggestions/4120150-scheduled-and-saved-custom-exports

Thanks,

Jeremy

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Douglas Ian Scott < douglas.i.scott@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to setup a weekly email that will email out a report with
only the data collected as displayed in the “Data >
Export Forms” section of CommCare. However all I can see to do is just
email out weekly updates that monitor the status of workers. However that
is not what I want to send out. I need the data that is collected in the
field sent out on a weekly basis in a spreadsheet format.

How can I setup such a weekly update?

I have looked at the help page here
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Managing+Saved+and+Scheduled+Email+Reports
but it gives me information on emailing out other data types related to
worker activities so it is not useful.

Please help,

Douglas.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/RnFZv_1v9pI/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Douglas Ian Scott
司道格
Skype: douglas0scott
South African mobile number: +27 (0)79 515 8727

Hi Douglas,

I am about to start the same thing in a month. I don’t know which plan
you’re on, but you may be able to access the data through the API from a
third party service like Google Apps Script. API access requires a Standard
plan. Take a look at the Export API (to export excel files) or the Data API
(to access a list of form submissions + individual form data).

Here’s the API documentation:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+HQ+APIs

Sincerely,
Craig

··· On Friday, September 19, 2014 12:56:11 PM UTC+5:45, Douglas Ian Scott wrote: > > Thanks for letting me know Jeremy. I will look into it. > > Cheers, > > Douglas. > > On 19 September 2014 04:49, Jeremy W. <jwac...@dimagi.com > wrote: > >> Hello, Douglas, >> >> We do not currently support emailed reports of data exports. The idea is >> posted on Dimati's Uservoice and we encourage everyone to vote on ideas >> that they would like to see added to CommCare. >> >> Here is a link to the idea: >> http://dimagi.uservoice.com/forums/194740-data/suggestions/4120150-scheduled-and-saved-custom-exports >> >> Thanks, >> >> Jeremy >> >> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Douglas Ian Scott <douglas...@gmail.com > wrote: >> >>> Hello, >>> >>> I am trying to setup a weekly email that will email out a report with >>> only the data collected as displayed in the "Data > >>> Export Forms" section of CommCare. However all I can see to do is just >>> email out weekly updates that monitor the status of workers. However that >>> is not what I want to send out. I need the data that is collected in the >>> field sent out on a weekly basis in a spreadsheet format. >>> >>> How can I setup such a weekly update? >>> >>> I have looked at the help page here >>> >>> but it gives me information on emailing out other data types related to >>> worker activities so it is not useful. >>> >>> Please help, >>> >>> Douglas. >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>> >> >> >> >> -- >> Jeremy Wacksman >> Dimagi , Inc. >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the >> Google Groups "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit >> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/RnFZv_1v9pI/unsubscribe. >> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to >> commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Douglas Ian Scott > 司道格 > Skype: douglas0scott > South African mobile number: +27 (0)79 515 8727 >