Title: CommCare Associate
Reports to: Data Engineering Lead
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
You are a member of our global data engineering team and report to the Data Engineering Lead. This small (3), all-remote (#Li-Remote) team shares core hours of 11am - 3pm GMT. You develop Commcare application in partnership with myAgro's program teams to support their operations in the Field and work to feed the data into our data warehouse. This role is grant-funded and ends December 31, 2024. Contract or Full Time.
- Build CommCare Apps: Build, test, and fix CommCare Application
- Support: Troubleshoot apps, fix bugs and be responsive to our ticketing platform.
- Design data flows with app outputs
- Consult on survey and questionnaire design with M&E team
- Experience building applications with CommCare or a similar framework (KoboToolbox, Ona, Open Data Kit, SurveyCTO)
- Survey and Questionaire Design experience
- A head for data modeling
- A team-oriented approach
- The ability to operate in a culturally diverse environment
- Fluency in French and English
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Co-working Space stipend
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline - Application Link
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.