Menu Icons in commcare odk

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's a way to download all images to the phone from commcarehq. I am using commcare odk, and when I deploy to the phone I have to copy the images in the phone's sd card.

I have used the multimedia reference checker and all is there. Do I have to copy the zip file content in each phone, each time I deploy an application?

Thanks

William

William,

This process is a bit complicated for the current release of CommCare 2.4,
unfortunately. You'll need to manually unzip the jar file to the location
specified when the phone runs the validation check.

When CommCare 2.5 is released (should be very soon) you'll be able to
simply locate the zip file with CommCare and it will take care of
installing resources for you. That documentation will be sent out with the
release notes.

HQ doesn't support downloading multimedia over the network simply due to
the constraints of how huge the multimedia sets tend to be, but the server
team is working on configuring multimedia network downloads so that
projects that do want that ability can do so.

-Clayton

··· On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM, William Aviles Monterrey <wravmon@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's a way to download all images to the phone from
commcarehq. I am using commcare odk, and when I deploy to the phone I have
to copy the images in the phone's sd card.

I have used the multimedia reference checker and all is there. Do I have
to copy the zip file content in each phone, each time I deploy an
application?

Thanks

William

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Thanks Clayton.

Best,

William

··· From: Clayton Sims Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 11:08 AM To: commcare-users Subject: Re: Menu Icons in commcare odk

William,

This process is a bit complicated for the current release of CommCare 2.4, unfortunately. You'll need to manually unzip the jar file to the location specified when the phone runs the validation check.

When CommCare 2.5 is released (should be very soon) you'll be able to simply locate the zip file with CommCare and it will take care of installing resources for you. That documentation will be sent out with the release notes.

HQ doesn't support downloading multimedia over the network simply due to the constraints of how huge the multimedia sets tend to be, but the server team is working on configuring multimedia network downloads so that projects that do want that ability can do so.

-Clayton

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM, William Aviles Monterrey wravmon@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's a way to download all images to the phone from commcarehq. I am using commcare odk, and when I deploy to the phone I have to copy the images in the phone's sd card.

I have used the multimedia reference checker and all is there. Do I have to copy the zip file content in each phone, each time I deploy an application?

Thanks

William

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.