Making a call form commcare

Hi, everyone.

I have a field of phone number type where a chw enters a patient's valid phone number, but when she clicks on it in a case list, nothing happens. what do I need to configure so that I a chw can make a direct call to the patient, if necessary, by clicking on the phone number?

Please check this out.

Thanks,
Dev

Hi there,

You can also configure the format of the phone number case property to be clickable within the case list by setting the property format to 'Phone Number' - you can read more about the formatting options on our Case List and Case Detail Configuration page.

Cheers,
Kaley

Hi, Kaley.

I have set the property format to ‘Phone Number’, but it's not working. I don't know what it''s wrong. See the image below:

258 is the Mozambique country code; I have set the country code as default, so the chw only has to enter a 9 digit number after it. I want the chw to call the number by clicking on it.

It looks like you're using a "Phone Number or Numeric ID" question type to collect the information. This is correct. However, what Kaley was describing is the format option when that case display is configured. This is done on the "Case List" or "Case Detail" screens when configuring the menu. This wiki page has some screenshots and examples:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Case+List+and+Case+Detail+Configuration#CaseListandCaseDetailConfiguration-ConfiguringtheCaseListandCaseDetail

1 Like