Lookup table as a validation condition

Dear All ,

I was trying to check if its possible to attach a .csv file with my form in order to validate the value entered by the user to check if the entered value exists in the .csv file. In XLS forms , we use the pull data function inside the constraint field which will check if the entered value by the user exists in the .csv file. I have done some research on this and understood that this could be done using "Lookup tables" but there wasn't a clear explanation on this. as an example. I want the user to enter a pin number which has 4 digits but I want the form to check if this pin number exists in the .csv file that I have.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Mustafa

I wonder the same thing and hope someone can help answer it.

The approach you are describing can definitely be accomplished via lookup tables.

Lookup tables uploaded to HQ are available to all users as an instance object, which can be queried and filtered with XPath to produce powerful workflows.

I put together a quick sample of the process on our wiki that should cover the basics. Let me know if you have any questions on building your workflow once you've given it a shot.

-Clayton