Importing data to CommCare HQ

Dear All

Is it possible to upload data collected by paper and pencil now in excel
sheets into CommCare HQ? The data is collected using the same forms as
those in the CommCare App. I will greatly appreciate your inputs.
Thanks
Youssouf

Hello,

It is possible to import case data - take a look at the Excel Case Import
feature:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Importing+Cases+Using+Excel

Hope this helps,

Jeremy

··· On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Jalloh wrote:

Dear All

Is it possible to upload data collected by paper and pencil now in excel
sheets into CommCare HQ? The data is collected using the same forms as
those in the CommCare App. I will greatly appreciate your inputs.
Thanks
Youssouf


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you very much for your response!

I think my question was not clear. What i want to know is if it is possible
to bulk upload “Form Data”? Not Case Data. The forms data are things such
as students enrolled, attendance, number of teachers and their attendance
collected on a monthly basis as well as other data collected each school
term and year.

I have now forms in CommCare that we use to collect data via tablets. But
before that we were using the same forms in paper to collect data which i
would like to upload to CommCare so that we can easily push it together
with the data collected via the tablets to another online data platform.

Thanks
Youssouf

··· On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 12:16 AM, Jeremy W. wrote:

Hello,

It is possible to import case data - take a look at the Excel Case Import
feature:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Importing+Cases+Using+Excel

Hope this helps,

Jeremy

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Jalloh mdmadaka248@gmail.com wrote:

Dear All

Is it possible to upload data collected by paper and pencil now in excel
sheets into CommCare HQ? The data is collected using the same forms as
those in the CommCare App. I will greatly appreciate your inputs.
Thanks
Youssouf


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/VMqVuKOI5WY/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Youssouf,

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately I’m not aware of any simple way
to upload form data. One option would be to submit the data using CloudCare
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/CloudCare+-+Web+Data+Entry
as a web-based form submission tool, but this isn’t very different from
submitting the historical data from the app. The other approach would be to
use the Submission API
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Submission+API to
programatically submit collected data, though that would be somewhat
complex and technical to set up.

I’m not sure how your app is set up, but I was suggesting the case importer
approach because if your forms populate case data then using that Excel
case importer would be the most straightforward approach to getting all of
the data in CommCare, though I understand that may not be applicable in
your specific situation.

I’ll certainly defer to others though if there are some other thoughts or
approaches.

Jeremy

··· On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 6:18 AM, Youssouf Diallo wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you very much for your response!

I think my question was not clear. What i want to know is if it is
possible to bulk upload “Form Data”? Not Case Data. The forms data are
things such as students enrolled, attendance, number of teachers and their
attendance collected on a monthly basis as well as other data collected
each school term and year.

I have now forms in CommCare that we use to collect data via tablets. But
before that we were using the same forms in paper to collect data which i
would like to upload to CommCare so that we can easily push it together
with the data collected via the tablets to another online data platform.

Thanks
Youssouf

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 12:16 AM, Jeremy W. jwacksman@dimagi.com wrote:

Hello,

It is possible to import case data - take a look at the Excel Case Import
feature:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Importing+Cases+Using+Excel

Hope this helps,

Jeremy

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Jalloh mdmadaka248@gmail.com wrote:

Dear All

Is it possible to upload data collected by paper and pencil now in excel
sheets into CommCare HQ? The data is collected using the same forms as
those in the CommCare App. I will greatly appreciate your inputs.
Thanks
Youssouf


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/VMqVuKOI5WY/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks again! I agree that there may not be an easy way around this. I will
look one more time at the case importer option. When you say if the forms
populates case data do you mean things such as “case_id”? Yes, when you
download form data you can have the option to include case_id, owner_name
and other case information.
Thanks
Youssouf

··· On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Jeremy W. wrote:

Hi Youssouf,

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately I’m not aware of any simple
way to upload form data. One option would be to submit the data using
CloudCare
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/CloudCare+-+Web+Data+Entry
as a web-based form submission tool, but this isn’t very different from
submitting the historical data from the app. The other approach would be to
use the Submission API
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Submission+API to
programatically submit collected data, though that would be somewhat
complex and technical to set up.

I’m not sure how your app is set up, but I was suggesting the case
importer approach because if your forms populate case data then using that
Excel case importer would be the most straightforward approach to getting
all of the data in CommCare, though I understand that may not be applicable
in your specific situation.

I’ll certainly defer to others though if there are some other thoughts or
approaches.

Jeremy

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 6:18 AM, Youssouf Diallo mdmadaka248@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you very much for your response!

I think my question was not clear. What i want to know is if it is
possible to bulk upload “Form Data”? Not Case Data. The forms data are
things such as students enrolled, attendance, number of teachers and their
attendance collected on a monthly basis as well as other data collected
each school term and year.

I have now forms in CommCare that we use to collect data via tablets. But
before that we were using the same forms in paper to collect data which i
would like to upload to CommCare so that we can easily push it together
with the data collected via the tablets to another online data platform.

Thanks
Youssouf

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 12:16 AM, Jeremy W. jwacksman@dimagi.com wrote:

Hello,

It is possible to import case data - take a look at the Excel Case
Import feature:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Importing+Cases+Using+Excel

Hope this helps,

Jeremy

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Jalloh mdmadaka248@gmail.com wrote:

Dear All

Is it possible to upload data collected by paper and pencil now in
excel sheets into CommCare HQ? The data is collected using the same forms
as those in the CommCare App. I will greatly appreciate your inputs.
Thanks
Youssouf


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/VMqVuKOI5WY/unsubscribe
.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/VMqVuKOI5WY/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Youssouf,

I mean if your app is set up so that every question in the form is saved to
the case then you would only need to look at the case data and not the form
data (note that depending upon what your app does this might not meet your
needs). When you upload the data you already have you would be creating an
additional case for each row and then both old and new cases would be in
one data source.

That said this is not really the intended use case for the excel importer
so I would be cautious before proceeding and would test it out first with a
few cases.

Jeremy

··· On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Youssouf Diallo wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks again! I agree that there may not be an easy way around this. I
will look one more time at the case importer option. When you say if the
forms populates case data do you mean things such as “case_id”? Yes, when
you download form data you can have the option to include case_id,
owner_name and other case information.
Thanks
Youssouf

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Jeremy W. jwacksman@dimagi.com wrote:

Hi Youssouf,

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately I’m not aware of any simple
way to upload form data. One option would be to submit the data using
CloudCare
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/CloudCare+-+Web+Data+Entry
as a web-based form submission tool, but this isn’t very different from
submitting the historical data from the app. The other approach would be to
use the Submission API
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Submission+API to
programatically submit collected data, though that would be somewhat
complex and technical to set up.

I’m not sure how your app is set up, but I was suggesting the case
importer approach because if your forms populate case data then using that
Excel case importer would be the most straightforward approach to getting
all of the data in CommCare, though I understand that may not be applicable
in your specific situation.

I’ll certainly defer to others though if there are some other thoughts or
approaches.

Jeremy

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 6:18 AM, Youssouf Diallo mdmadaka248@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you very much for your response!

I think my question was not clear. What i want to know is if it is
possible to bulk upload “Form Data”? Not Case Data. The forms data are
things such as students enrolled, attendance, number of teachers and their
attendance collected on a monthly basis as well as other data collected
each school term and year.

I have now forms in CommCare that we use to collect data via tablets.
But before that we were using the same forms in paper to collect data which
i would like to upload to CommCare so that we can easily push it together
with the data collected via the tablets to another online data platform.

Thanks
Youssouf

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 12:16 AM, Jeremy W. jwacksman@dimagi.com wrote:

Hello,

It is possible to import case data - take a look at the Excel Case
Import feature:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Importing+Cases+Using+Excel

Hope this helps,

Jeremy

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Jalloh mdmadaka248@gmail.com wrote:

Dear All

Is it possible to upload data collected by paper and pencil now in
excel sheets into CommCare HQ? The data is collected using the same forms
as those in the CommCare App. I will greatly appreciate your inputs.
Thanks
Youssouf


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/VMqVuKOI5WY/unsubscribe
.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/VMqVuKOI5WY/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.

Hi Youssouf,

Did you find a way to import the data?

Thanks,

··· On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 10:04:44 PM UTC+4:30, Jalloh wrote: > > Hi Jeremy, > > Thanks again! I agree that there may not be an easy way around this. I > will look one more time at the case importer option. When you say if the > forms populates case data do you mean things such as "case_id"? Yes, when > you download form data you can have the option to include case_id, > owner_name and other case information. > Thanks > Youssouf > > On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Jeremy W. <jwac...@dimagi.com > wrote: > >> Hi Youssouf, >> >> Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any simple >> way to upload form data. One option would be to submit the data using >> CloudCare >> >> as a web-based form submission tool, but this isn't very different from >> submitting the historical data from the app. The other approach would be to >> use the Submission API >> to >> programatically submit collected data, though that would be somewhat >> complex and technical to set up. >> >> I'm not sure how your app is set up, but I was suggesting the case >> importer approach because if your forms populate case data then using that >> Excel case importer would be the most straightforward approach to getting >> all of the data in CommCare, though I understand that may not be applicable >> in your specific situation. >> >> I'll certainly defer to others though if there are some other thoughts or >> approaches. >> >> Jeremy >> >> On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 6:18 AM, Youssouf Diallo <mdmad...@gmail.com > wrote: >> >>> Hi Jeremy, >>> >>> Thank you very much for your response! >>> >>> I think my question was not clear. What i want to know is if it is >>> possible to bulk upload "Form Data"? Not Case Data. The forms data are >>> things such as students enrolled, attendance, number of teachers and their >>> attendance collected on a monthly basis as well as other data collected >>> each school term and year. >>> >>> I have now forms in CommCare that we use to collect data via tablets. >>> But before that we were using the same forms in paper to collect data which >>> i would like to upload to CommCare so that we can easily push it together >>> with the data collected via the tablets to another online data platform. >>> >>> Thanks >>> Youssouf >>> >>> On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 12:16 AM, Jeremy W. <jwac...@dimagi.com > wrote: >>> >>>> Hello, >>>> >>>> It is possible to import case data - take a look at the Excel Case >>>> Import feature: >>>> https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Importing+Cases+Using+Excel >>>> >>>> Hope this helps, >>>> >>>> Jeremy >>>> >>>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Jalloh <mdmad...@gmail.com > wrote: >>>> >>>>> Dear All >>>>> >>>>> Is it possible to upload data collected by paper and pencil now in >>>>> excel sheets into CommCare HQ? The data is collected using the same forms >>>>> as those in the CommCare App. I will greatly appreciate your inputs. >>>>> Thanks >>>>> Youssouf >>>>> >>>>> -- >>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> -- >>>> Jeremy Wacksman >>>> Dimagi , Inc. >>>> >>>> -- >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the >>>> Google Groups "commcare-users" group. >>>> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit >>>> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/VMqVuKOI5WY/unsubscribe >>>> . >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to >>>> commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>>> >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>> >> >> >> >> -- >> Jeremy Wacksman >> Dimagi , Inc. >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the >> Google Groups "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit >> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/VMqVuKOI5WY/unsubscribe. >> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to >> commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > >

Has there been any developments on this since 2017?
I have the same need at I am migrating case and form data from another platform.