Import data into Commcare Forms

Hi There,

I am working on an application for a patient record system in a clinic.
recently they have been experiencing some delays on Cloudcare and have
sometimes resorted to paper systems information during consultations. I
was wondering if there was a way to input the info into a excel template
and upload that into the CommCare system, much like you would for a bulk
upload of mobile workers? But instead this will populate fields in the
form.

Is something like this possible? (maybe with a python importer directly
into the CCHQ database?)

Kind regards,
Ameera

No worries! I found the help on this! thanks!

··· On Sunday, 27 September 2015 20:25:34 UTC+2, Ameera Hamid wrote: > > Hi There, > > I am working on an application for a patient record system in a clinic. > recently they have been experiencing some delays on Cloudcare and have > sometimes resorted to paper systems information during consultations. I > was wondering if there was a way to input the info into a excel template > and upload that into the CommCare system, much like you would for a bulk > upload of mobile workers? But instead this will populate fields in the > form. > > Is something like this possible? (maybe with a python importer directly > into the CCHQ database?) > > Kind regards, > Ameera > >

Huh... what method did you use for this? Would be interesting to hear
(just a pointer to which feature you used, not asking that you spend time
on a big write-up)

Eric

I realized that I accidentally replied to Eric instead of here :slight_smile:

Ameera, would you be willing to share the help that you received on this?

··· On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 2:36:09 PM UTC-4, Ameera Hamid wrote: > > No worries! I found the help on this! thanks! > > On Sunday, 27 September 2015 20:25:34 UTC+2, Ameera Hamid wrote: >> >> Hi There, >> >> I am working on an application for a patient record system in a clinic. >> recently they have been experiencing some delays on Cloudcare and have >> sometimes resorted to paper systems information during consultations. I >> was wondering if there was a way to input the info into a excel template >> and upload that into the CommCare system, much like you would for a bulk >> upload of mobile workers? But instead this will populate fields in the >> form. >> >> Is something like this possible? (maybe with a python importer directly >> into the CCHQ database?) >> >> Kind regards, >> Ameera >> >>

Hi all, I also have a use case for bulk-completion and upload of forms that
were originally done on paper. Could anyone point me to the method given in
response to Ameera's question?

··· On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 10:07:25 PM UTC-4, Eric Stephan wrote: > > Huh... what method did you use for this? Would be interesting to hear > (just a pointer to which feature you used, not asking that you spend time > on a big write-up) > > Eric > >

I found help on this tutorial (link below), but i have not managed to
successfully carry it out.

https://wiki.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Bulk+Registration+of+Contacts

Kind regards,
Ameera

··· On Tuesday, 29 September 2015 21:12:34 UTC+2, crei...@nd.edu wrote: > > I realized that I accidentally replied to Eric instead of here :) > > Ameera, would you be willing to share the help that you received on this? > > On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 2:36:09 PM UTC-4, Ameera Hamid wrote: >> >> No worries! I found the help on this! thanks! >> >> On Sunday, 27 September 2015 20:25:34 UTC+2, Ameera Hamid wrote: >>> >>> Hi There, >>> >>> I am working on an application for a patient record system in a clinic. >>> recently they have been experiencing some delays on Cloudcare and have >>> sometimes resorted to paper systems information during consultations. I >>> was wondering if there was a way to input the info into a excel template >>> and upload that into the CommCare system, much like you would for a bulk >>> upload of mobile workers? But instead this will populate fields in the >>> form. >>> >>> Is something like this possible? (maybe with a python importer directly >>> into the CCHQ database?) >>> >>> Kind regards, >>> Ameera >>> >>>

Sorry that was the incorrect link. Below is the correct link to the wiki
page i found on creating and updating cases from an excel sheet

https://wiki.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Importing+Cases+Using+Excel

Kind regards,
Ameera

··· On Tuesday, 29 September 2015 21:12:34 UTC+2, crei...@nd.edu wrote: > > I realized that I accidentally replied to Eric instead of here :) > > Ameera, would you be willing to share the help that you received on this? > > On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 2:36:09 PM UTC-4, Ameera Hamid wrote: >> >> No worries! I found the help on this! thanks! >> >> On Sunday, 27 September 2015 20:25:34 UTC+2, Ameera Hamid wrote: >>> >>> Hi There, >>> >>> I am working on an application for a patient record system in a clinic. >>> recently they have been experiencing some delays on Cloudcare and have >>> sometimes resorted to paper systems information during consultations. I >>> was wondering if there was a way to input the info into a excel template >>> and upload that into the CommCare system, much like you would for a bulk >>> upload of mobile workers? But instead this will populate fields in the >>> form. >>> >>> Is something like this possible? (maybe with a python importer directly >>> into the CCHQ database?) >>> >>> Kind regards, >>> Ameera >>> >>>