How to specify the Ms SQL db accessing path or URL during the API's data export

Hi,

I am trying the setup the API’s for the Commcare data export by using the
Microsoft SQL server with the help of the below URL link :

https://help.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Data+Export+Tool#CommCareDataExportTool-4.SavetheoutputofanexamplequerytoaSQLdatabase

but while going through the syntax for the export, it looks like that i am
note able to frame the it from SQL to the Microsoft SQL command line :

In the URL the command syntax :

C:\python27\scripts\commcare-export --output-format sql --output
sqlite:///registrations.db --project YOUR_PROJECT --query
demo-registrations.xlsx

What are the changes need to be done with respect to the below terms :

–output-format sql

–output sqlite:///

So i am looking for the your support in framing the above command for the
Microsoft SQL server.

I need to do the above setup by today/tomorrow,hence looking for your
guidance/support.

With regards,
Gurudayal Sahu

The library uses SQL Alchemy, so my guess from their docs
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_9/dialects/mssql.html is that the
format should be:

mssql+pyodbc://:@

··· On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Gurudayal Sahu wrote:

Hi,

I am trying the setup the API’s for the Commcare data export by using the
Microsoft SQL server with the help of the below URL link :

https://help.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Data+Export+Tool#CommCareDataExportTool-4.SavetheoutputofanexamplequerytoaSQLdatabase

but while going through the syntax for the export, it looks like that i am
note able to frame the it from SQL to the Microsoft SQL command line :

In the URL the command syntax :

C:\python27\scripts\commcare-export --output-format sql --output
sqlite:///registrations.db --project YOUR_PROJECT --query
demo-registrations.xlsx

What are the changes need to be done with respect to the below terms :

–output-format sql

–output sqlite:///

So i am looking for the your support in framing the above command for the
Microsoft SQL server.

I need to do the above setup by today/tomorrow,hence looking for your
guidance/support.

With regards,
Gurudayal Sahu


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"CommCare Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks for support & kind reply.

Probably, i may need to spare some more time for the below setup hence i
will try this during the next week and let you know if any issue.

With regards,
Gurudayal Sahu

··· > >

Dear all,

Thanks for all your support & help, i am able to export the data to Ms-SQL
database based on the above suggestions.

But even after exporting the data in the Ms-SQL, its flashing the
warning/error as follows :

C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\default.py:573: SAWarning:
Unicode type received non-unicodebind param
value.param.append(processorskey)

I am not able to trace out the issue in details, so kindly suggest me any
troubleshooting steps that need to be done from my side.

Thanks in advance for all of yours support.

With regards,
Gurudayal Sahu

··· On Monday, 3 November 2014 10:23:09 UTC+5:30, Gurudayal Sahu wrote: > > Thanks for support & kind reply. > > Probably, i may need to spare some more time for the below setup hence i > will try this during the next week and let you know if any issue. > > With regards, > Gurudayal Sahu > >> >>

Hi Gurudayal

That sounds like an issue with the CommCareExport tool. I don’t think it
should cause any problems but I’ve created a ticket for it anyway:

Simon

··· On 25 November 2014 at 07:26, Gurudayal Sahu wrote:

Dear all,

Thanks for all your support & help, i am able to export the data to Ms-SQL
database based on the above suggestions.

But even after exporting the data in the Ms-SQL, its flashing the
warning/error as follows :

C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\default.py:573: SAWarning:
Unicode type received non-unicodebind param
value.param.append(processorskey)

I am not able to trace out the issue in details, so kindly suggest me any
troubleshooting steps that need to be done from my side.

Thanks in advance for all of yours support.

With regards,
Gurudayal Sahu

On Monday, 3 November 2014 10:23:09 UTC+5:30, Gurudayal Sahu wrote:

Thanks for support & kind reply.

Probably, i may need to spare some more time for the below setup hence i
will try this during the next week and let you know if any issue.

With regards,
Gurudayal Sahu


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"CommCare Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Simon Kelly
Senior Engineer | Dimagi South Africa