How to re-open a case that I have archived?

Hi there,

I have archived multiple forms of several cases, thinking I could close the case afterwards. However, now I am unable to find these cases to close them. How do I close the cases so they do not appear on the end user's device? Do I have to restore each form and then close it or is there a faster way?

Thanks!
Bryony

Hi Bryony,

Hope you are well.

Here's a good resource to understand the implications of Archiving Forms on Case data.

If the form was the only form submitted to the case (i.e. it registered a new case), it will cause the case to be deleted.

Are you sure these cases you wanted to close are appearing on end user’s device?

Dev

Hi Dev,

Thanks for the response. Yes - the end user is still seeing the cases. The question I have is that, does archiving every form linked to a case (including the registration) remove that case from the device? Or do I need to close the case as well (which I'm not sure how to do because the cases now won't appear when I search for them,)

In some circumstances you may have clear data and resync the user.

• do you have any more information on the above statement? How do I clear data and resync user?

Thanks!

Bryony

Hi Bryony,

I would recommend using the Login As feature to log-in to Web App as those end users. You can then submit the required forms to close the cases. Once you do that, those end users will stop seeing the cases after they sync their app.

Please let me know have this goes.

Thanks,
Dev