How to include in Upload Users and Group

Hi

When downloading and uploading users and groups we would like to be able to
set role i.e. Field Implementer on Upload. Currently this is a manual
process.

Is there a way of doing this?

Much Thanks in Advance

Tim

Hi Tim,

You should be able to use custom user data
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Custom+User+Data to
accomplish this.

Cory

··· On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 7:17 PM, Tim wrote:

Hi

When downloading and uploading users and groups we would like to be able
to set role i.e. Field Implementer on Upload. Currently this is a manual
process.

Is there a way of doing this?

Much Thanks in Advance

Tim


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Cory,

Thanks for this. We are using Custom user data for other data.

What we would like to be able to do is set the default Commcare Roles on
input

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-kecpxavJpXg/VMtvsISyBXI/AAAAAAAAM8o/L8ISzKijU1g/s1600/Capture.PNG
Best

Tim

Ah, I see what you mean. That’s not currently possible in the exports,
though it makes perfect sense to add. It looks like it’s covered under this
uservoice idea
http://dimagi.uservoice.com/forums/219467-commtrack/suggestions/4355864-change-default-setting-of-bulk-upload-of-mobile-wo
if
you’d like to add your votes to it.

··· On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Tim wrote:

Hi Cory,

Thanks for this. We are using Custom user data for other data.

What we would like to be able to do is set the default Commcare Roles on
input

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-kecpxavJpXg/VMtvsISyBXI/AAAAAAAAM8o/L8ISzKijU1g/s1600/Capture.PNG
Best

Tim


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

thanks Cory

It would seem to be essential in order to save having to manually assign potentially 100s of users!

Best

Tim

Hi, Tim,

I was curious as to how you are using the mobile worker role. To my
knowledge it is only useful if your mobile workers are going to be working
on CommCareHQ and you want to specify what they will have access to.

Thanks,

Jeremy

··· On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Tim wrote:

thanks Cory

It would seem to be essential in order to save having to manually assign
potentially 100s of users!

Best

Tim


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.

Hi Jeremy.

We are testing Multimedia in cases and forms and in order for the
multimedia to be shown we need tom use the field Implementer role.

Best

Tim

Hi Tim,

I saw that this was your workaround for the multimedia viewing issue on our
open support ticket. I’m going to follow up with you on that thread in
order to dig into that issue further. It might be the case that you
shouldn’t need to use this role for this purpose.

Regards,

··· -- Nate Haduch

Technical Support Analyst
Dimagi, Inc | 585 Massachusetts Ave | Suite 3 | Cambridge, MA 02139
web: http://www.dimagi.com/

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 5:50 AM, Tim tim.butler.88@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Jeremy.

We are testing Multimedia in cases and forms and in order for the
multimedia to be shown we need tom use the field Implementer role.

Best

Tim


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.