How do I get access to user properties in form builder?

I'm trying to display a question to one particular mobile worker only.

I understand I can do this through a display condition using #user/username. However, within form builder I can only access the case properties in the 'Add Properties' window, I cannot see the User Case properties in the window.

How can I get the User Case properties to appear in the 'Add Properties' window?

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

Just making sure that the user case setup is wired up on your project space: Do you see the User Case Management tab when viewing the form settings in HQ as per this screenshot?

https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/User+Case

-Clayton

Hi Clayton

This is what I see:

But I can't see how to load user case properties.

Regards

Simon
9/10/18

1 Like

I'd appreciate a response to this please.

Many thanks

Simon
12/10/18

Hi Simon,

I think this might be a bug where your app needs to have saved a user property before any are available.

Can you try adding a property to the "Save Questions to User Properties" section, and make a build and see if you can see the dropdown afterwards? It would also be worth seeing whether submitting a form through live preview that sets a property will address the issue.

Even if those do work, this sounds like a potential bug to me, so I would Report it as an issue through the HQ interface after testing out those options to see if they trigger the correct behavior.

-Clayton