Help with logic in hidden values

Hi group,

I’m working in a case creating form that determines eligibility of
households based on specific treatment types. One of the types (arms)
requires that there are children under 5. Because of case list management,
I need to first ask if the households have kids under 3 years old, then 4
years old, then 5 years old. I’ve not been able to create and recall a
hidden value that calculates this. Here’s what I’ve got going:

/Tracking/A_18KidsU3
Does the household have children under age 3?
yes (1)
no (0)

/Tracking/A_18KidsU4
Display condition: A_18KidsU3 = '0’
Does the household have children under age 4?
yes (1)
no (0)

/Tracking/A_18KidsU5
Display condition: A_18KidsU4 = '0’
Does the household have children under age 5?
yes (1)
no (0)

Hidden value: NoKids
if(/Tracking/A_18KidsU3 = ‘0’ and /Tracking/A_18KidsU4 = ‘0’ and
/Tracking/A_18KidsU5 = ‘0’, ‘1’, ‘0’)

Hidden value: Eligible
if(/Tracking/NoKids !=‘1’ and (a few other constraints), ‘1’, ‘0’)

When I fill out the form with a household in this treatment type and select
’no’ for all three above questions, they still become eligible.

Any help would be incredibly helpful. And let me know if there’s anything
that’s confusing.
Thanks,
Alicea

Hi Alicea,

The logic seems alright, I suspect a typo / syntax error somewhere in the
code. I’d display the values of NoKids, the “few other constraints” and
Eligible in a temporary / debug page.

Good luck,

··· -- Charles Flèche mHealth Advisor Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org

Hi charles,
I’m creating a form about house hold survey. Just now I’m creating “yes”
“No” questions. I want to add “combined multiple choice” questionnaires in
form but I couldn’t . give me solution xml hints pls?

··· On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Charles Flèche wrote:

Hi Alicea,

The logic seems alright, I suspect a typo / syntax error somewhere in the
code. I’d display the values of NoKids, the “few other constraints” and
Eligible in a temporary / debug page.

Good luck,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Sanu,

I’ve changed the subject of this topic because it seems your question has little to
do with Alicea issues. It is probably better to keep these issues apart.

Would you tell us more about your issue ? You say “I want to add combined multiple
choice questionnaires in form but I couldn’t”. Is the actual insertion of the multiple
choices question a problem ? Is it the processing of the answers ?

What are you trying to achieve ?

Many thanks,

··· -- Charles Flèche mHealth Advisor Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org

Hi Sanu,

It sounds like you are looking to use Multiple Choice Questions in your
forms that might have more than two items and more than two responses?
There are two options for multiple choice questions: Single Answer and
Multiple Answer, and you always have the option of adding more choices to
the form with the “Add Choice” button that has a circle on it immediately
to the right of the new question dropdown.

Please let me know if you have further questions and if you’ve been able to
complete the survey that you have been working on.

Thanks,

Nate

··· On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi charles,
I’m creating a form about house hold survey. Just now I’m creating “yes”
“No” questions. I want to add “combined multiple choice” questionnaires in
form but I couldn’t . give me solution xml hints pls?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Charles Flèche <mhealth-myanmar@tsfi.org wrote:

Hi Alicea,

The logic seems alright, I suspect a typo / syntax error somewhere in the
code. I’d display the values of NoKids, the “few other constraints” and
Eligible in a temporary / debug page.

Good luck,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Nate Haduch

Technical Support Analyst
Dimagi, Inc | 585 Massachusetts Ave | Suite 3 | Cambridge, MA 02139
web: http://www.dimagi.com/

Hi, Sanu,

I’m not sure if this is related to your question, but you can combine more
than one single or multiple choice question using some of the advanced
formatting tools described here:
https://help.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Advanced+CommCare+ODK+Formatting

Jeremy

··· On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Charles Flèche wrote:

Hi Sanu,

I’ve changed the subject of this topic because it seems your question has
little to do with Alicea issues. It is probably better to keep these issues
apart.

Would you tell us more about your issue ? You say “I want to add combined
multiple choice questionnaires in form but I couldn’t”. Is the actual
insertion of the multiple choices question a problem ? Is it the processing
of the answers ?

What are you trying to achieve ?

Many thanks,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.

Thanks Nate, for solution of my problem.
Now I’ve a new problem. I’m from Nepal, We use different calender than
English, I mean Nepali calender is our daily use calender. So problem is
that there is no Nepali calender in any device. If our M.workers ask with
respondent about their child DOB, I know, absolutely they answer in Nepali
date.Now I want to support that how to match and keep both calender in one
device(tbs or mbl) for commcareodk. Pls…

··· On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 1:55 AM, Nate Haduch wrote:

Hi Sanu,

It sounds like you are looking to use Multiple Choice Questions in your
forms that might have more than two items and more than two responses?
There are two options for multiple choice questions: Single Answer and
Multiple Answer, and you always have the option of adding more choices to
the form with the “Add Choice” button that has a circle on it immediately
to the right of the new question dropdown.

Please let me know if you have further questions and if you’ve been able
to complete the survey that you have been working on.

Thanks,

Nate

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi charles,
I’m creating a form about house hold survey. Just now I’m creating “yes”
“No” questions. I want to add “combined multiple choice” questionnaires in
form but I couldn’t . give me solution xml hints pls?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Charles Flèche < mhealth-myanmar@tsfi.org> wrote:

Hi Alicea,

The logic seems alright, I suspect a typo / syntax error somewhere in
the code. I’d display the values of NoKids, the “few other constraints” and
Eligible in a temporary / debug page.

Good luck,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Nate Haduch

Technical Support Analyst
Dimagi, Inc | 585 Massachusetts Ave | Suite 3 | Cambridge, MA 02139
web: http://www.dimagi.com/


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks Jeremy.

··· On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 8:51 PM, Jeremy W. wrote:

Hi, Sanu,

I’m not sure if this is related to your question, but you can combine more
than one single or multiple choice question using some of the advanced
formatting tools described here:
https://help.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Advanced+CommCare+ODK+Formatting

Jeremy

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Charles Flèche <mhealth-myanmar@tsfi.org wrote:

Hi Sanu,

I’ve changed the subject of this topic because it seems your question has
little to do with Alicea issues. It is probably better to keep these issues
apart.

Would you tell us more about your issue ? You say “I want to add combined
multiple choice questionnaires in form but I couldn’t”. Is the actual
insertion of the multiple choices question a problem ? Is it the processing
of the answers ?

What are you trying to achieve ?

Many thanks,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Sanu,

CommCare supports configuring your date widgets to use the Nepali calendar,
following the directions in the CommCare Android section here:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Localization+Materials

Essentially, the app still records the date as a Gregorian date, but the
Input can be done with a nepali date. In other context where you want to
display the date in the Nepali calendar, you can use the provided function.

-Clayton

··· On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Nate, for solution of my problem.
Now I’ve a new problem. I’m from Nepal, We use different calender than
English, I mean Nepali calender is our daily use calender. So problem is
that there is no Nepali calender in any device. If our M.workers ask with
respondent about their child DOB, I know, absolutely they answer in Nepali
date.Now I want to support that how to match and keep both calender in one
device(tbs or mbl) for commcareodk. Pls…

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 1:55 AM, Nate Haduch nhaduch@dimagi.com wrote:

Hi Sanu,

It sounds like you are looking to use Multiple Choice Questions in your
forms that might have more than two items and more than two responses?
There are two options for multiple choice questions: Single Answer and
Multiple Answer, and you always have the option of adding more choices to
the form with the “Add Choice” button that has a circle on it immediately
to the right of the new question dropdown.

Please let me know if you have further questions and if you’ve been able
to complete the survey that you have been working on.

Thanks,

Nate

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi charles,
I’m creating a form about house hold survey. Just now I’m creating “yes”
“No” questions. I want to add “combined multiple choice” questionnaires in
form but I couldn’t . give me solution xml hints pls?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Charles Flèche < mhealth-myanmar@tsfi.org> wrote:

Hi Alicea,

The logic seems alright, I suspect a typo / syntax error somewhere in
the code. I’d display the values of NoKids, the “few other constraints” and
Eligible in a temporary / debug page.

Good luck,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Nate Haduch

Technical Support Analyst
Dimagi, Inc | 585 Massachusetts Ave | Suite 3 | Cambridge, MA 02139
web: http://www.dimagi.com/


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi, I can’t solve my calender problem, If anybody have interesting idea
please share me please.

My Problem is here,
I have Nepali Calender on my device, I want use it inside commcare odk for
my project. I already tried to use but failed.

··· On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Clayton Sims wrote:

Sanu,

CommCare supports configuring your date widgets to use the Nepali
calendar, following the directions in the CommCare Android section here:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Localization+Materials

Essentially, the app still records the date as a Gregorian date, but the
Input can be done with a nepali date. In other context where you want to
display the date in the Nepali calendar, you can use the provided function.

-Clayton

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Nate, for solution of my problem.
Now I’ve a new problem. I’m from Nepal, We use different calender than
English, I mean Nepali calender is our daily use calender. So problem is
that there is no Nepali calender in any device. If our M.workers ask with
respondent about their child DOB, I know, absolutely they answer in Nepali
date.Now I want to support that how to match and keep both calender in one
device(tbs or mbl) for commcareodk. Pls…

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 1:55 AM, Nate Haduch nhaduch@dimagi.com wrote:

Hi Sanu,

It sounds like you are looking to use Multiple Choice Questions in your
forms that might have more than two items and more than two responses?
There are two options for multiple choice questions: Single Answer and
Multiple Answer, and you always have the option of adding more choices to
the form with the “Add Choice” button that has a circle on it immediately
to the right of the new question dropdown.

Please let me know if you have further questions and if you’ve been able
to complete the survey that you have been working on.

Thanks,

Nate

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi charles,
I’m creating a form about house hold survey. Just now I’m creating
"yes" “No” questions. I want to add "combined multiple choice"
questionnaires in form but I couldn’t . give me solution xml hints pls?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Charles Flèche < mhealth-myanmar@tsfi.org> wrote:

Hi Alicea,

The logic seems alright, I suspect a typo / syntax error somewhere in
the code. I’d display the values of NoKids, the “few other constraints” and
Eligible in a temporary / debug page.

Good luck,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Nate Haduch

Technical Support Analyst
Dimagi, Inc | 585 Massachusetts Ave | Suite 3 | Cambridge, MA 02139
web: http://www.dimagi.com/


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Sanu,

You should be able to get a Nepali date widget in your application by
adding a Date question type, opening the “Advanced” options of that
question, and typing “nepali” into the Appearance Attribute field.

Best,
Will

··· On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I can’t solve my calender problem, If anybody have interesting idea
please share me please.

My Problem is here,
I have Nepali Calender on my device, I want use it inside commcare odk for
my project. I already tried to use but failed.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Clayton Sims csims@dimagi.com wrote:

Sanu,

CommCare supports configuring your date widgets to use the Nepali
calendar, following the directions in the CommCare Android section here:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Localization+Materials

Essentially, the app still records the date as a Gregorian date, but the
Input can be done with a nepali date. In other context where you want to
display the date in the Nepali calendar, you can use the provided function.

-Clayton

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Nate, for solution of my problem.
Now I’ve a new problem. I’m from Nepal, We use different calender than
English, I mean Nepali calender is our daily use calender. So problem is
that there is no Nepali calender in any device. If our M.workers ask with
respondent about their child DOB, I know, absolutely they answer in Nepali
date.Now I want to support that how to match and keep both calender in one
device(tbs or mbl) for commcareodk. Pls…

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 1:55 AM, Nate Haduch nhaduch@dimagi.com wrote:

Hi Sanu,

It sounds like you are looking to use Multiple Choice Questions in your
forms that might have more than two items and more than two responses?
There are two options for multiple choice questions: Single Answer and
Multiple Answer, and you always have the option of adding more choices to
the form with the “Add Choice” button that has a circle on it immediately
to the right of the new question dropdown.

Please let me know if you have further questions and if you’ve been
able to complete the survey that you have been working on.

Thanks,

Nate

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi charles,
I’m creating a form about house hold survey. Just now I’m creating
"yes" “No” questions. I want to add "combined multiple choice"
questionnaires in form but I couldn’t . give me solution xml hints pls?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Charles Flèche < mhealth-myanmar@tsfi.org> wrote:

Hi Alicea,

The logic seems alright, I suspect a typo / syntax error somewhere in
the code. I’d display the values of NoKids, the “few other constraints” and
Eligible in a temporary / debug page.

Good luck,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Nate Haduch

Technical Support Analyst
Dimagi, Inc | 585 Massachusetts Ave | Suite 3 | Cambridge, MA 02139
web: http://www.dimagi.com/


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

what is different commcare and ODK ?

··· On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 3:10 AM, William Pride wrote:

Sanu,

You should be able to get a Nepali date widget in your application by
adding a Date question type, opening the “Advanced” options of that
question, and typing “nepali” into the Appearance Attribute field.

Best,
Will

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I can’t solve my calender problem, If anybody have interesting idea
please share me please.

My Problem is here,
I have Nepali Calender on my device, I want use it inside commcare odk
for my project. I already tried to use but failed.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Clayton Sims csims@dimagi.com wrote:

Sanu,

CommCare supports configuring your date widgets to use the Nepali
calendar, following the directions in the CommCare Android section here:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Localization+Materials

Essentially, the app still records the date as a Gregorian date, but the
Input can be done with a nepali date. In other context where you want to
display the date in the Nepali calendar, you can use the provided function.

-Clayton

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Nate, for solution of my problem.
Now I’ve a new problem. I’m from Nepal, We use different calender than
English, I mean Nepali calender is our daily use calender. So problem is
that there is no Nepali calender in any device. If our M.workers ask with
respondent about their child DOB, I know, absolutely they answer in Nepali
date.Now I want to support that how to match and keep both calender in one
device(tbs or mbl) for commcareodk. Pls…

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 1:55 AM, Nate Haduch nhaduch@dimagi.com wrote:

Hi Sanu,

It sounds like you are looking to use Multiple Choice Questions in
your forms that might have more than two items and more than two responses?
There are two options for multiple choice questions: Single Answer and
Multiple Answer, and you always have the option of adding more choices to
the form with the “Add Choice” button that has a circle on it immediately
to the right of the new question dropdown.

Please let me know if you have further questions and if you’ve been
able to complete the survey that you have been working on.

Thanks,

Nate

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi charles,
I’m creating a form about house hold survey. Just now I’m creating
"yes" “No” questions. I want to add "combined multiple choice"
questionnaires in form but I couldn’t . give me solution xml hints pls?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Charles Flèche < mhealth-myanmar@tsfi.org> wrote:

Hi Alicea,

The logic seems alright, I suspect a typo / syntax error somewhere
in the code. I’d display the values of NoKids, the "few other constraints"
and Eligible in a temporary / debug page.

Good luck,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale
http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Nate Haduch

Technical Support Analyst
Dimagi, Inc | 585 Massachusetts Ave | Suite 3 | Cambridge, MA 02139
web: http://www.dimagi.com/


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Sanu,

“CommCare” is generally used to refer to the entire platform (inclusive of
all HQ and Mobile tools) while “ODK” refers specifically to the Android
application.

-Will

··· On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 3:07 AM, Sanu Ghalan wrote:

what is different commcare and ODK ?

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 3:10 AM, William Pride wpride@dimagi.com wrote:

Sanu,

You should be able to get a Nepali date widget in your application by
adding a Date question type, opening the “Advanced” options of that
question, and typing “nepali” into the Appearance Attribute field.

Best,
Will

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I can’t solve my calender problem, If anybody have interesting idea
please share me please.

My Problem is here,
I have Nepali Calender on my device, I want use it inside commcare odk
for my project. I already tried to use but failed.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Clayton Sims csims@dimagi.com wrote:

Sanu,

CommCare supports configuring your date widgets to use the Nepali
calendar, following the directions in the CommCare Android section here:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Localization+Materials

Essentially, the app still records the date as a Gregorian date, but
the Input can be done with a nepali date. In other context where you want
to display the date in the Nepali calendar, you can use the provided
function.

-Clayton

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Nate, for solution of my problem.
Now I’ve a new problem. I’m from Nepal, We use different calender than
English, I mean Nepali calender is our daily use calender. So problem is
that there is no Nepali calender in any device. If our M.workers ask with
respondent about their child DOB, I know, absolutely they answer in Nepali
date.Now I want to support that how to match and keep both calender in one
device(tbs or mbl) for commcareodk. Pls…

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 1:55 AM, Nate Haduch nhaduch@dimagi.com wrote:

Hi Sanu,

It sounds like you are looking to use Multiple Choice Questions in
your forms that might have more than two items and more than two responses?
There are two options for multiple choice questions: Single Answer and
Multiple Answer, and you always have the option of adding more choices to
the form with the “Add Choice” button that has a circle on it immediately
to the right of the new question dropdown.

Please let me know if you have further questions and if you’ve been
able to complete the survey that you have been working on.

Thanks,

Nate

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi charles,
I’m creating a form about house hold survey. Just now I’m creating
"yes" “No” questions. I want to add "combined multiple choice"
questionnaires in form but I couldn’t . give me solution xml hints pls?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Charles Flèche < mhealth-myanmar@tsfi.org> wrote:

Hi Alicea,

The logic seems alright, I suspect a typo / syntax error somewhere
in the code. I’d display the values of NoKids, the "few other constraints"
and Eligible in a temporary / debug page.

Good luck,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale
http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Nate Haduch

Technical Support Analyst
Dimagi, Inc | 585 Massachusetts Ave | Suite 3 | Cambridge, MA 02139
web: http://www.dimagi.com/


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Just to clarify - Will meant that “CommCare ODK” refers to the app. "ODK"
stands for “Open Data Kit”, on which CommCare ODK is based. You can read
more about ODK here: https://opendatakit.org/

··· On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 9:36 AM, William Pride wrote:

Sanu,

“CommCare” is generally used to refer to the entire platform (inclusive of
all HQ and Mobile tools) while “ODK” refers specifically to the Android
application.

-Will

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 3:07 AM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

what is different commcare and ODK ?

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 3:10 AM, William Pride wpride@dimagi.com wrote:

Sanu,

You should be able to get a Nepali date widget in your application by
adding a Date question type, opening the “Advanced” options of that
question, and typing “nepali” into the Appearance Attribute field.

Best,
Will

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I can’t solve my calender problem, If anybody have interesting idea
please share me please.

My Problem is here,
I have Nepali Calender on my device, I want use it inside commcare odk
for my project. I already tried to use but failed.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Clayton Sims csims@dimagi.com wrote:

Sanu,

CommCare supports configuring your date widgets to use the Nepali
calendar, following the directions in the CommCare Android section here:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Localization+Materials

Essentially, the app still records the date as a Gregorian date, but
the Input can be done with a nepali date. In other context where you want
to display the date in the Nepali calendar, you can use the provided
function.

-Clayton

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Nate, for solution of my problem.
Now I’ve a new problem. I’m from Nepal, We use different calender
than English, I mean Nepali calender is our daily use calender. So
problem is that there is no Nepali calender in any device. If our M.workers
ask with respondent about their child DOB, I know, absolutely they answer
in Nepali date.Now I want to support that how to match and keep both
calender in one device(tbs or mbl) for commcareodk. Pls…

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 1:55 AM, Nate Haduch nhaduch@dimagi.com wrote:

Hi Sanu,

It sounds like you are looking to use Multiple Choice Questions in
your forms that might have more than two items and more than two responses?
There are two options for multiple choice questions: Single Answer and
Multiple Answer, and you always have the option of adding more choices to
the form with the “Add Choice” button that has a circle on it immediately
to the right of the new question dropdown.

Please let me know if you have further questions and if you’ve been
able to complete the survey that you have been working on.

Thanks,

Nate

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Sanu Ghalan < ghalan100shadhikhola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi charles,
I’m creating a form about house hold survey. Just now I’m creating
"yes" “No” questions. I want to add "combined multiple choice"
questionnaires in form but I couldn’t . give me solution xml hints pls?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Charles Flèche < mhealth-myanmar@tsfi.org> wrote:

Hi Alicea,

The logic seems alright, I suspect a typo / syntax error somewhere
in the code. I’d display the values of NoKids, the "few other constraints"
and Eligible in a temporary / debug page.

Good luck,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale
http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Nate Haduch

Technical Support Analyst
Dimagi, Inc | 585 Massachusetts Ave | Suite 3 | Cambridge, MA 02139
web: http://www.dimagi.com/


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.