Help on getting builds for CommCare Mobile

Hello:
I have successfully put a monolithic install following the tutorial:

https://github.com/dimagi/commcare-cloud/blob/master/docs/setup/new_environment.md

But on step 13, I cant get the version builder to work.
I would like to ask for some clarification on how to import the builds

Thanks in advance

1 Like

What's the problem you're running in to? Are you able to access the page at all?

I can access the page of the setup, but I try to follow the instructions, but at the end I cant publish new versions.

I just want a clarification on the instructions that are on the setup page

Once you successfully import a build, it should appear as an option when you click "Add a version". Do this, then click "Update Menu Options". This should make the new version appear in the app manager. It looks like there's a caching issue there, but if you navigate to the edit builds menu page again, it should reset the cache.

I wonder if the issue isn't the same as mine - it seems based on this thread: Error on deployment of Formplayer, Pablo is getting the same 'missing file or folder' error in the formplayer log as I am here: Issue compiling forms - #9 by erobinson

My build appears to have imported OK:

FYI I made a couple minor changes to fix that caching issue and make this page work a little more smoothly.

Thanks for tying those two issues together, Ed. I'll let follow-up on this take place on those threads.

1 Like

How did you configure the localsettings.py and application.properties?
I would like to be sure they are not the source of my problem.

PD: My builds appear to be imported well also.
Thanks

I think the problem might be on hibernate side.

One line before the exception took place was:

HHH10000002: File or directory named by URL [file:/home/cchq/www/monolith/releases/2019-09-13_07.44/formplayer_build/formplayer__2019-09-13_09.52/libs/formplayer.jar!/BOOT-INF/classes] could not be found. URL will be ignored

And then I saw this thread on SO:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51033187/kubernetes-docker-folder-permission

Its the same error, and might be on URL formatting

More information with the full log here:

https://github.com/dimagi/formplayer/issues/687

For reference, I don't believe this error is what's causing the formplayer compile issue as I have seen it on our QA server which has a month old build on it which is compiling forms OK.

These files are managed automatically by commcare-cloud (see here), but you can inspect them on your server at
/home/cchq/www/monolith/releases/current/localsettings.py
and
/home/cchq/www/monolith/releases/current/formplayer_build/application.properties

I know the command. But whenever I make changes to these files, the command automatically erases my changes, for example to set the formplayer port.

Is there another way of changing these configurations? Maybe my problem are those changes made manually.

Thanks in advance

That sounds likely - commcare-cloud manages those files, so you can't modify them manually. The formplayer port defaults to 8181, and you may be able to override that in your environment's public.yml, though I'm not certain.

1 Like

Confirming what Ethan said. If you set the value of formplayer_port in public.yml and run the cchq <env> update-config command referenced above, followed by restarting formplayer, that should do it. For example to change the port to 8182, you might add

formplayer_port: 8181

to public.yml.

1 Like