Filter Case List based on user location

Dear CommCare users,

I would like to know how I can filter case list based on users location?

I really appreciate your user experience to resolve this.

Best regards,

Hi Sebastian,

If I understand you correctly, I think you have two main options here. 1st is to use the proper case sharing logic of organisations (Setting up Organization Levels and Structure - CommCare Public - CommCare Public). In my opinion this is the best way to filter case list based on location.

The 2nd option you have is to have all cases belonging to one case sharing group, but sort the case list according to the distance away each case is, so that the closest case is first in the case menu. This assumes a gps pin for the case has been captured.

1 Like

Thank you @Toby for your reply.

In that sense, if I use the first option, how can I filter the Case List based on the location previously selected for each user?

Best regards,

Hi Sebastian,

As far as I know that's not quite how it works. The filters is applied automatically by the system based on which case sharing group a mobile worker is assigned to. Ie you don't need to write anything in that filter space, if someone belongs to case sharing group A, they will only see the cases associated with that group. Accordingly, user B will not be able to see the cases in group A. Unless user B is in a superordinate group which is able to access all of the lower level cases

1 Like

Thank you @Toby for your message.

I got it. In that sense, it is possible to filter a look-up table based on the name of the Group where the user is?

Best regards,

Hi,

Hmmm not sure if you can link the Organisation structure to lookup tables. Someone more technical would have to help with that, sorry.

Hi @Toby

Don't worry. Thank you very much for your message.

Best regards,