Exporting Form Schema

Hi All,

I'm having a bit of trouble searching through the docs on this one, so I thought I'd try the forum. Is it possible to export a CommCare form schema as an XLSForm or some similar structured data? We are currently making doing a large case import using some previous forms, however we need to convert our old multiple choice question choice_values from their old format (each value was a digit) to the new format (now they're snake_case formatted).

The form is quite large and we have hundreds we are trying to convert into cases so doing so manually is likely not an option for us.

If anyone would have some advice on how to get a structured format of our forms somehow in order to write a script to convert our form submissions into a format that will play nice with the case importer tool, I'd be eternally grateful. :slight_smile:

Hi Mike,

Form definitions are stored as an XML "xform" document. I'm not sure what kind of tools are available to do what you describe. There are tools to convert XLSForms to XForms, but I'm not sure about the reverse. It does have all of the information of your form schema in a structured format, however, so that's a good place to start.

You can download the xform by going to the form settings (click the gear icon that appears next to the form name when you hover over it), then under "Actions", click "Download"

• Ethan