Downloading Inactive Case List

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a quick way on Commcare HQ to generate a filter
and only download inactive cases. Right now we are running this through
excel filters but that is very time consuming as our data set is quite
large. Thanks,

Michael

*Michael Matheke-Fischer *| Director of Programs, India

Real Medicine Foundation

11700 National Blvd., Suite 234

Los Angeles, CA 90064

Hi Michael,

Can you clarify what you mean when you say “inactive”? Do you mean closed?
That is not possible today, though if you want to suggest the idea on
uservoice http://dimagi.uservoice.com/ we can get it into our backlog of
feature requests.

Depending on the technical capacity of you/your team you may want to look
at commcare exporthttps://wiki.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Data+Export+Tool-
a tool designed to give you more advanced querying capacity. Note that
this tool is for very technical data analysts or developers, though.

Cory

··· On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 7:05 AM, michael matheke wrote:

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a quick way on Commcare HQ to generate a
filter and only download inactive cases. Right now we are running this
through excel filters but that is very time consuming as our data set is
quite large. Thanks,

Michael

*Michael Matheke-Fischer *| Director of Programs, India

Real Medicine Foundation

11700 National Blvd., Suite 234

Los Angeles, CA 90064

realmedicinefoundation.org

facebook.com/realmedicine


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Cory,

Specifically I am looking for the inactive cases in the case activity
screen (the cases that have not been modified in the past 120 days).

*Michael Matheke-Fischer *| Director of Programs, India

m • +91.997.123.4868 | skype • michael_matheke

Real Medicine Foundation

11700 National Blvd., Suite 234

Los Angeles, CA 90064

··· On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Cory Zue wrote:

Hi Michael,

Can you clarify what you mean when you say “inactive”? Do you mean closed?
That is not possible today, though if you want to suggest the idea on
uservoice http://dimagi.uservoice.com/ we can get it into our backlog
of feature requests.

Depending on the technical capacity of you/your team you may want to look
at commcare exporthttps://wiki.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Data+Export+Tool- a tool designed to give you more advanced querying capacity. Note that
this tool is for very technical data analysts or developers, though.

Cory

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 7:05 AM, michael matheke < michael.matheke@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a quick way on Commcare HQ to generate a
filter and only download inactive cases. Right now we are running this
through excel filters but that is very time consuming as our data set is
quite large. Thanks,

Michael

*Michael Matheke-Fischer *| Director of Programs, India

Real Medicine Foundation

11700 National Blvd., Suite 234

Los Angeles, CA 90064

realmedicinefoundation.org

facebook.com/realmedicine


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Cory,

Specifically I am looking for the inactive cases in the case activity
screen (the cases that have not been modified in the past 120 days).

Gotcha. There is definitely not currently a way to do that from CommCare
HQ, though I believe you could configure commcare export to do it.

··· On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM, michael matheke <michael.matheke@gmail.com wrote:

*Michael Matheke-Fischer *| Director of Programs, India

m • +91.997.123.4868 | skype • michael_matheke

Real Medicine Foundation

11700 National Blvd., Suite 234

Los Angeles, CA 90064

realmedicinefoundation.org

facebook.com/realmedicine

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Cory Zue czue@dimagi.com wrote:

Hi Michael,

Can you clarify what you mean when you say “inactive”? Do you mean
closed? That is not possible today, though if you want to suggest the idea
on uservoice http://dimagi.uservoice.com/ we can get it into our
backlog of feature requests.

Depending on the technical capacity of you/your team you may want to look
at commcare exporthttps://wiki.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Data+Export+Tool- a tool designed to give you more advanced querying capacity. Note that
this tool is for very technical data analysts or developers, though.

Cory

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 7:05 AM, michael matheke < michael.matheke@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a quick way on Commcare HQ to generate a
filter and only download inactive cases. Right now we are running this
through excel filters but that is very time consuming as our data set is
quite large. Thanks,

Michael

*Michael Matheke-Fischer *| Director of Programs, India

Real Medicine Foundation

11700 National Blvd., Suite 234

Los Angeles, CA 90064

realmedicinefoundation.org

facebook.com/realmedicine


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Cory,

Is it now possible to access historic case activity, and historic inactive
cases by setting the relavant dates, because that is the data that would
be most useful.

thanks,
Sangya

··· On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:25 PM, Cory Zue wrote:

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM, michael matheke < michael.matheke@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Cory,

Specifically I am looking for the inactive cases in the case activity
screen (the cases that have not been modified in the past 120 days).

Gotcha. There is definitely not currently a way to do that from CommCare
HQ, though I believe you could configure commcare export to do it.

*Michael Matheke-Fischer *| Director of Programs, India

m • +91.997.123.4868 | skype • michael_matheke

Real Medicine Foundation

11700 National Blvd., Suite 234

Los Angeles, CA 90064

realmedicinefoundation.org

facebook.com/realmedicine

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Cory Zue czue@dimagi.com wrote:

Hi Michael,

Can you clarify what you mean when you say “inactive”? Do you mean
closed? That is not possible today, though if you want to suggest the idea
on uservoice http://dimagi.uservoice.com/ we can get it into our
backlog of feature requests.

Depending on the technical capacity of you/your team you may want to
look at commcare exporthttps://wiki.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Data+Export+Tool- a tool designed to give you more advanced querying capacity. Note that
this tool is for very technical data analysts or developers, though.

Cory

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 7:05 AM, michael matheke < michael.matheke@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a quick way on Commcare HQ to generate a
filter and only download inactive cases. Right now we are running this
through excel filters but that is very time consuming as our data set is
quite large. Thanks,

Michael

*Michael Matheke-Fischer *| Director of Programs, India

Real Medicine Foundation

11700 National Blvd., Suite 234

Los Angeles, CA 90064

realmedicinefoundation.org

facebook.com/realmedicine


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.