Display collected images in PowerBI

Hi guys

i'm sure lots of you are using PowerBI. i'm wondering if anyone managed to get images collected through a form to show up in a PowerBI Dashboard without downloading the images onto a public source first.

Because the link that's provided doesn't allow anonymous access, it's showing up as a broken image in our dashboard.

Ideas dear community?

Mazz

nothing guys?

i'm someone's got a cool trick up their sleeve

Mazz

@ttseng Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Dev

Funny - this specific workflow just came up in potential project today and i'm starting the search to figure out how to do this.

I think that the straight up answer is: "It is not possible to read the images from the commcare repository directly into a report in Power BI".

But! there may be workarounds with dumping the images somewhere or with using some fancy code somewhere that passes the credentials when accessing the images

Hi Mazz,

Good question - this may not add much more than you already know, but I did speak with one of our developers regarding this. They noted that using a form multimedia export onto a static file sever and then mapping the image URLs may do the trick. However, I'm afraid I don't have any more logistics to share than that. We'll let you know if more information comes to light.