Delete cases and forms

Hi all

I seem to be having problems deleting cases and forms with test data.

As per the suggestions I found on this forum

• I created a test account mobile worker to create the test cases and forms
  • After testing, proceeded to delete this mobile worker's account
  • I did indeed get warnings and pop ups to advise that all cases and forms
    would be deleted
  • I proceeded. Mobile worker account is gone, yet the cases and forms
    (after 3 days) are still there

What did I miss?

Thx for your help!

Hi Joris,

Could you please report an issue from your project space and include as
much information as possible (including links to specific cases and forms
that should have been deleted)?

Someone from our team should be able to look and get back to you soon.

Cory

··· On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Joris Van Dam wrote:

Hi all

I seem to be having problems deleting cases and forms with test data.

As per the suggestions I found on this forum

• I created a test account mobile worker to create the test cases and forms
  • After testing, proceeded to delete this mobile worker's account
  • I did indeed get warnings and pop ups to advise that all cases and forms
    would be deleted
  • I proceeded. Mobile worker account is gone, yet the cases and forms
    (after 3 days) are still there

What did I miss?

Thx for your help!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Done / just submitted issue report

Thx Cory

··· On Monday, March 31, 2014 2:23:49 PM UTC-4, Cory Zue wrote: > > Hi Joris, > > Could you please report an issue from your project space and include as > much information as possible (including links to specific cases and forms > that should have been deleted)? > > Someone from our team should be able to look and get back to you soon. > > Cory > > > On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Joris Van Dam <joris.w...@gmail.com wrote: > >> Hi all >> >> I seem to be having problems deleting cases and forms with test data. >> >> As per the suggestions I found on this forum >> - I created a test account mobile worker to create the test cases and >> forms >> - After testing, proceeded to delete this mobile worker's account >> - I did indeed get warnings and pop ups to advise that all cases and >> forms would be deleted >> - I proceeded. Mobile worker account is gone, yet the cases and forms >> (after 3 days) are still there >> >> What did I miss? >> >> Thx for your help! >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > >

OK fantastic solution from the Dimagi team.

• I had configured my Mobile Workers (that created the test data) to be
    part of a Group, so different Mobile Workers could alo update each other's
    cases etc,.
  • As such, the casese were actually defined to the group, not the
    individual Mobile Worker
  • So when I deleted the Mobile worker, it left the individual cases and
    forms untouched.

I did not try deleting the group. This may or may not work, but I didn't
want to delete the group and loose case management settings.

So instead Dimagi suggested that I...

• Create a new mobile worker (aptly called Destroyer :-))
  • Assign all cases to the new mobile worker
  • Delete that new mobile worker

That did the trick!

··· On Monday, March 31, 2014 4:39:36 PM UTC-4, Joris Van Dam wrote: > > Done / just submitted issue report > > Thx Cory > > On Monday, March 31, 2014 2:23:49 PM UTC-4, Cory Zue wrote: >> >> Hi Joris, >> >> Could you please report an issue from your project space and include as >> much information as possible (including links to specific cases and forms >> that should have been deleted)? >> >> Someone from our team should be able to look and get back to you soon. >> >> Cory >> >> >> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Joris Van Dam wrote: >> >>> Hi all >>> >>> I seem to be having problems deleting cases and forms with test data. >>> >>> As per the suggestions I found on this forum >>> - I created a test account mobile worker to create the test cases and >>> forms >>> - After testing, proceeded to delete this mobile worker's account >>> - I did indeed get warnings and pop ups to advise that all cases and >>> forms would be deleted >>> - I proceeded. Mobile worker account is gone, yet the cases and forms >>> (after 3 days) are still there >>> >>> What did I miss? >>> >>> Thx for your help! >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>> >> >>

Hi CommCare and user team,

I followed the instructions below (created a new user called "deleteuser")
and used "Reassign cases" to assign all cases I wanted to rid of to this
user. I then deleted this user. However, the data are still showing up in
data exports and in Reports > Submit History. However, when I go to
"Reassign cases", the deleted data is not there.

I had deleted the user yesterday, ~16 hours ago. Do I just need to wait a
longer for the changes to be reflected throughout the system?

Emily

··· On Monday, April 7, 2014 at 11:06:44 PM UTC+3, Joris Van Dam wrote: > > OK fantastic solution from the Dimagi team. > > - I had configured my Mobile Workers (that created the test data) to be > part of a Group, so different Mobile Workers could alo update each other's > cases etc,. > - As such, the casese were actually defined to the group, not the > individual Mobile Worker > - So when I deleted the Mobile worker, it left the individual cases and > forms untouched. > > I did not try deleting the group. This may or may not work, but I didn't > want to delete the group and loose case management settings. > > So instead Dimagi suggested that I... > - Create a new mobile worker (aptly called Destroyer :-)) > - Assign all cases to the new mobile worker > - Delete that new mobile worker > > > That did the trick! > > > > > > On Monday, March 31, 2014 4:39:36 PM UTC-4, Joris Van Dam wrote: >> >> Done / just submitted issue report >> >> Thx Cory >> >> On Monday, March 31, 2014 2:23:49 PM UTC-4, Cory Zue wrote: >>> >>> Hi Joris, >>> >>> Could you please report an issue from your project space and include as >>> much information as possible (including links to specific cases and forms >>> that should have been deleted)? >>> >>> Someone from our team should be able to look and get back to you soon. >>> >>> Cory >>> >>> >>> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Joris Van Dam wrote: >>> >>>> Hi all >>>> >>>> I seem to be having problems deleting cases and forms with test data. >>>> >>>> As per the suggestions I found on this forum >>>> - I created a test account mobile worker to create the test cases and >>>> forms >>>> - After testing, proceeded to delete this mobile worker's account >>>> - I did indeed get warnings and pop ups to advise that all cases and >>>> forms would be deleted >>>> - I proceeded. Mobile worker account is gone, yet the cases and forms >>>> (after 3 days) are still there >>>> >>>> What did I miss? >>>> >>>> Thx for your help! >>>> >>>> -- >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>>> >>> >>>