Data cleansing process for CommCare

I'd like to know how CommCare handles Data cleansing?

When I look under Reports > Submit History, I see records (called
forms???), and when I open one of those, I cant see the actual multiselect
values, I just see numbers. So now i'm looking at a record (called form???)
which without the values means nothing to me. I dont know if this is the
right record or not. I dont even have the ID of the record, which I can see
in excel (first column, called Number, not ID btw).

So now to the actual question:

HOW am I supposed to clean the data, if the only way to see my data is in
excel?

Update: Even when I found a record I wanted to delete under submit history,
there's no option to delete it...

··· On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 11:54:41 AM UTC+2, CommCare N00b wrote: > > I'd like to know how CommCare handles Data cleansing? > > When I look under Reports > Submit History, I see records (called > forms???), and when I open one of those, I cant see the actual multiselect > values, I just see numbers. So now i'm looking at a record (called form???) > which without the values means nothing to me. I dont know if this is the > right record or not. I dont even have the ID of the record, which I can see > in excel (first column, called Number, not ID btw). > > So now to the actual question: > > HOW am I supposed to clean the data, if the only way to see my data is in > excel? >

CommCareHQ allows you to archive rather than delete your forms. This
removes all side affects of the form (IE case updates are undone, doesn't
show up in reports) but is reversible (the form can be unarchived).

In reports you'll need to identify forms based on the information available

• IE mobile worker, time of submission, and answer values. In particular,
    multi-select questions store the values rather than the *labels *of given
    questions, so you'd need to make the mapping back to labels on your own.

Cheers,
Will

··· On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 5:57 AM, CommCare N00b wrote:

Update: Even when I found a record I wanted to delete under submit
history, there's no option to delete it...

On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 11:54:41 AM UTC+2, CommCare N00b wrote:

I'd like to know how CommCare handles Data cleansing?

When I look under Reports > Submit History, I see records (called
forms???), and when I open one of those, I cant see the actual multiselect
values, I just see numbers. So now i'm looking at a record (called form???)
which without the values means nothing to me. I dont know if this is the
right record or not. I dont even have the ID of the record, which I can see
in excel (first column, called Number, not ID btw).

So now to the actual question:

HOW am I supposed to clean the data, if the only way to see my data is in
excel?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

So archiving = deleting?

··· On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 1:05:59 PM UTC+2, William Pride wrote: > > CommCareHQ allows you to archive rather than delete your forms. This > removes all side affects of the form (IE case updates are undone, doesn't > show up in reports) but is reversible (the form can be unarchived). > > In reports you'll need to identify forms based on the information > available - IE mobile worker, time of submission, and answer values. In > particular, multi-select questions store the *values* rather than the *labels > *of given questions, so you'd need to make the mapping back to labels on > your own. > > Cheers, > Will > > On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 5:57 AM, CommCare N00b <ognen.p...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> Update: Even when I found a record I wanted to delete under submit >> history, there's no option to delete it... >> >> >> On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 11:54:41 AM UTC+2, CommCare N00b wrote: >>> >>> I'd like to know how CommCare handles Data cleansing? >>> >>> When I look under Reports > Submit History, I see records (called >>> forms???), and when I open one of those, I cant see the actual multiselect >>> values, I just see numbers. So now i'm looking at a record (called form???) >>> which without the values means nothing to me. I dont know if this is the >>> right record or not. I dont even have the ID of the record, which I can see >>> in excel (first column, called Number, not ID btw). >>> >>> So now to the actual question: >>> >>> HOW am I supposed to clean the data, if the only way to see my data is >>> in excel? >>> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > >