Compiling Commcare ODK

Hi,

I am trying to compile the latest version of Commcare ODK within ADT.

I have downloaded and added to the build path the latest
commcare-libraries.jar and the javarosa-libraries.jar and the latest
.collect and .odk projects.

I have added to the build path the correct libraries but I still get 3
missing libraries.

commcare-odk is missing Java project org.commcare.cases
commcare-odk is missing Java project org.commcare
ODK Collect is missing Java project javarosa-core

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Best

Tim

Hi,

I have now got past this by removing the previous references in Projects
and ensuring the correct build paths.

This then left android-mapballoons which I imported.

Now I am down to:

file_invalid cannot be resolved or is not a field TextImageAudioView.java
/commcare-odk/src/org/commcare/android/view line 125 Java Problem
file_missing cannot be resolved or is not a field TextImageAudioView.java
/commcare-odk/src/org/commcare/android/view line 131 Java Problem

Any thoughts?

Best

Tim

··· On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:43:51 PM UTC+1, Tim Butler wrote: > > Hi, > > I am trying to compile the latest version of Commcare ODK within ADT. > > I have downloaded and added to the build path the latest > commcare-libraries.jar and the javarosa-libraries.jar and the latest > .collect and .odk projects. > > I have added to the build path the correct libraries but I still get 3 > missing libraries. > > commcare-odk is missing Java project org.commcare.cases > commcare-odk is missing Java project org.commcare > ODK Collect is missing Java project javarosa-core > > Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? > > Best > > Tim > >

Tim,

Sorry about your first issue - I will update the wiki to be more
instructive.

To your second issue - these strings should be being imported from the
opendatakit.collect package via the R file. Can you verify that .collect is
building properly? If so, could you also check that the string file_invalid
and file_missing are in the R file of this package (located in the bin
directory)?

Also please verify that opendatakit.colllect.jar is on the build path of
your commcare-odk package.

Best,
Will

··· On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:06:05 PM UTC-4, Tim Butler wrote: > > Hi, > > I have now got past this by removing the previous references in Projects > and ensuring the correct build paths. > > This then left android-mapballoons which I imported. > > Now I am down to: > > file_invalid cannot be resolved or is not a field TextImageAudioView.java > /commcare-odk/src/org/commcare/android/view line 125 Java Problem > file_missing cannot be resolved or is not a field TextImageAudioView.java > /commcare-odk/src/org/commcare/android/view line 131 Java Problem > > Any thoughts? > > Best > > Tim > > > On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:43:51 PM UTC+1, Tim Butler wrote: >> >> Hi, >> >> I am trying to compile the latest version of Commcare ODK within ADT. >> >> I have downloaded and added to the build path the latest >> commcare-libraries.jar and the javarosa-libraries.jar and the latest >> .collect and .odk projects. >> >> I have added to the build path the correct libraries but I still get 3 >> missing libraries. >> >> commcare-odk is missing Java project org.commcare.cases >> commcare-odk is missing Java project org.commcare >> ODK Collect is missing Java project javarosa-core >> >> Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? >> >> Best >> >> Tim >> >>

This was resolved offline, but Tim did a great job of documenting the
errors and solutions he encountered during his project setup and I've added
his notes to our existing documentation. I'll post these here for
posterity's sake:

For setup:
https://bitbucket.org/commcare/commcare-odk/wiki/devsetup
For debugging after setup:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Common+CommCare+Mobile+Dev+Workspace+Build+Errors

Best,
Will

··· On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:06:06 PM UTC-4, William Pride wrote: > > Tim, > > Sorry about your first issue - I will update the wiki to be more > instructive. > > To your second issue - these strings should be being imported from the > opendatakit.collect package via the R file. Can you verify that .collect is > building properly? If so, could you also check that the string file_invalid > and file_missing are in the R file of this package (located in the bin > directory)? > > Also please verify that opendatakit.colllect.jar is on the build path of > your commcare-odk package. > > Best, > Will > > On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:06:05 PM UTC-4, Tim Butler wrote: >> >> Hi, >> >> I have now got past this by removing the previous references in Projects >> and ensuring the correct build paths. >> >> This then left android-mapballoons which I imported. >> >> Now I am down to: >> >> file_invalid cannot be resolved or is not a field TextImageAudioView.java >> /commcare-odk/src/org/commcare/android/view line 125 Java Problem >> file_missing cannot be resolved or is not a field TextImageAudioView.java >> /commcare-odk/src/org/commcare/android/view line 131 Java Problem >> >> Any thoughts? >> >> Best >> >> Tim >> >> >> On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:43:51 PM UTC+1, Tim Butler wrote: >>> >>> Hi, >>> >>> I am trying to compile the latest version of Commcare ODK within ADT. >>> >>> I have downloaded and added to the build path the latest >>> commcare-libraries.jar and the javarosa-libraries.jar and the latest >>> .collect and .odk projects. >>> >>> I have added to the build path the correct libraries but I still get 3 >>> missing libraries. >>> >>> commcare-odk is missing Java project org.commcare.cases >>> commcare-odk is missing Java project org.commcare >>> ODK Collect is missing Java project javarosa-core >>> >>> Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? >>> >>> Best >>> >>> Tim >>> >>>