Commcare on projector

Hello All

Sorry , if this question is asked before.

Is there a way to connect an android phone, which has commare application
installed., to a LCD Projector, so it can be shown during training program

Thanks
Manoj

Hi, Manoj,

We have information on two approaches, both of which use a computer:
1- Using an Android emulator and then projecting that:
https://help.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Demo+CommCare+for+Android+on+your+Computer

2- Screencasting an Android phone onto your computer, and then projecting
that:
https://help.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Android+Phone+Screen+Projection+to+your+computer

Jeremy

··· On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Manoj Soni wrote:

Hello All

Sorry , if this question is asked before.

Is there a way to connect an android phone, which has commare application
installed., to a LCD Projector, so it can be shown during training program

Thanks
Manoj


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.

Some smartphones and tablets have an HDMI output. You should be able to
connect them straight to a recent (few years old) projector.

··· On Tuesday 06 May 2014 12:36:50 Jeremy W. wrote: > We have information on two approaches, both of which use a computer:


Charles Flèche
mHealth advisor
Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org
+95 9 431 978 25
Skype: charles.fleche

Hi all,
Are the two methods linked below still the most recommended ways to connect
an Android screen (Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2016) to a computer/projector for a
training presentation? Just wanted to see if there were any more
updated/preferred methods.

I’m just beginning to go through the training-related materials on CommCare
Help [Training, Resources, Guides
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Training+Manuals%2C+Guides%2C+and+Resources],
but any links to particular documents to help me expedite are also welcome.
One link that seems like it would be helpful [CommCare User Guide Template
https://confluence.dimagi.com/download/attachments/4718831/APE%20Job%20Aid%20%232%20APE%20CommCare%20system%20FINAL.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1393425086554&api=v2

Also, if anyone has presentations/facilitator handbooks or frontline worker
manuals available for CommCare platform training that might be adaptable to
rural Haiti context, specific to Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016), or already
in Haitian Kreyol
, if you would be willing to share, would be excellent!
Thanks!
Jessica
Partners In Health (upcoming training in rural Haiti on CommCare use +
deployment of community-based census and eventually oral cholera vaccine
campaign)

··· On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 3:06:50 AM UTC-4, Jeremy Wacksman wrote: > > Hi, Manoj, > > We have information on two approaches, both of which use a computer: > 1- Using an Android emulator and then projecting that: > https://help.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Demo+CommCare+for+Android+on+your+Computer > > 2- Screencasting an Android phone onto your computer, and then projecting > that: > > https://help.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Android+Phone+Screen+Projection+to+your+computer > > Jeremy > > > On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Manoj Soni <m9ji...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> Hello All >> >> Sorry , if this question is asked before. >> >> Is there a way to connect an android phone, which has commare application >> installed., to a LCD Projector, so it can be shown during training program >> >> Thanks >> Manoj >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Jeremy Wacksman > Dimagi , Inc. > >

Often times phones with an HDMI output will require a proprietary
connector. Your phone may support an MHL link even if it doesn’t appear to
have a specific connector that looks like a video port:

The process and required cable are highly phone specific, however, so it’s
best to follow up with the manufacturer of your device to see what they
offer.

-Clayton

··· On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 12:46 AM, Charles Flèche wrote:

On Tuesday 06 May 2014 12:36:50 Jeremy W. wrote:

We have information on two approaches, both of which use a computer:

Some smartphones and tablets have an HDMI output. You should be able to
connect them straight to a recent (few years old) projector.


Charles Flèche
mHealth advisor
Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org
+95 9 431 978 25
Skype: charles.fleche


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Jessica,

I’ll reach out to some of our partners in Haiti to see if they are willing
to share their training materials.

For screen sharing / projecting, I’ve used Vysor (an app for Android +
Chrome). However, recently they have added some advertising that appears
over the top of other apps. It would be worth removing Vysor from your
phone once you’ve done your share.

Sheel

··· On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Jessica Teng wrote:

Hi all,
Are the two methods linked below still the most recommended ways to
connect an Android screen (Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2016) to a
computer/projector for a training presentation? Just wanted to see if there
were any more updated/preferred methods.

I’m just beginning to go through the training-related materials on
CommCare Help [Training, Resources, Guides
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Training+Manuals%2C+Guides%2C+and+Resources],
but any links to particular documents to help me expedite are also welcome.
One link that seems like it would be helpful [CommCare User Guide Template
https://confluence.dimagi.com/download/attachments/4718831/APE%20Job%20Aid%20%232%20APE%20CommCare%20system%20FINAL.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1393425086554&api=v2

Also, if anyone has presentations/facilitator handbooks or frontline
worker manuals available for CommCare platform training that might be
adaptable to rural Haiti context, specific to Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016),
or already in Haitian Kreyol, if you would be willing to share, would
be excellent!
Thanks!
Jessica
Partners In Health (upcoming training in rural Haiti on CommCare use +
deployment of community-based census and eventually oral cholera vaccine
campaign)

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 3:06:50 AM UTC-4, Jeremy Wacksman wrote:

Hi, Manoj,

We have information on two approaches, both of which use a computer:
1- Using an Android emulator and then projecting that:
https://help.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Dem
o+CommCare+for+Android+on+your+Computer

2- Screencasting an Android phone onto your computer, and then projecting
that:
https://help.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Android+
Phone+Screen+Projection+to+your+computer

Jeremy

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Manoj Soni m9ji...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello All

Sorry , if this question is asked before.

Is there a way to connect an android phone, which has commare
application installed., to a LCD Projector, so it can be shown during
training program

Thanks
Manoj


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi
m: +1.781.428.5419 | skype: sheel_shah