Commcare integration for customized visualization

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well.

We are looking for some ideas to sync valuable information collected
through Commcare directly on our Joomla based website and Facebook page for
customized visualization and case reporting in real time or near real time.

For example, we would like to create 'live' beneficiary/case profiles with
pictures, a video, basic facts on each individual beneficiary/student along
with a short narrative which can be posted without manual intervention. So
the beneficiaries could have a presence on our website, cases or individual
files could be maintained and updated over time when more information is
available on each case e.g. through a new commcare form, and 'live' files
are as real as possible so the donors could connect with them and see the
value in a transparent way throughout the program duration.

Currently the reporting/donor update process is very slow which leads to
donor dissatisfaction because we cannot work fast enough to update and
maintain the sites manually specially when there are multiple programs and
platforms to handle with limited resources.

We've been told that CommCare outputs the raw data in csv or xls formats,
which many of Commcare partners feed directly into dashboards for their own
visualization and reporting purposes along with tables or graphs which
could be set up to display the collected data and automatically refresh
with the latest submissions to Commcare server.

We would also like to achieve this in an efficient way. Someone has
suggested using Google Apps Engine to develop a web based tool which could
act as a 'middleware' in between, with back end integration with Commcare
and front end with our Joomla Website. Anyone who has done this kind of
integration?

Hoping for a positive response.

Best,
Aurangzeb Farrukh

Lahaute Foundation, Inc

Office
23383 Golden Springs Dr
Diamond Bar CA 91765

Mailing Address:
382 N Lemon Ave No 267
Walnut CA 91789

www.LahauteFoundation.org http://www.lahautefoundation.org/
Redirecting...

www.ArdOSamaa.com http://www.ardosamaa.com/
Redirecting...

Dear Aurangzeb,

How "live" do you want your system to be : do you want Joomla to be updated as soon as a form is sent or a daily refresh would be good enough ?

If you don't need an instant refresh but a regular (let's say daily) refresh is good enough, you could probably do without App Engine at first:

1. Get data from CommCare, either by running the python data import tool or simply by downloading the daily reports you can configure in HQ
  2. Push the data in Joomla using the Joomla API

You could manually run this program at first, then make it a recurrent automated task on your workstation / Google App Engine / Amazon Cloud if required.

Another approach would be to write a Joomla plugin that directly query CommCareHQ.

Do you have developers in your team ?

Good luck,

Charles

··· On Monday 18 May 2015 13:44:15 Aurangzeb Farrukh wrote: > Hello, > > Hope everyone is doing well. > > We are looking for some ideas to sync valuable information collected > through Commcare directly on our Joomla based website and Facebook page for > customized visualization and case reporting in real time or near real time. > > For example, we would like to create 'live' beneficiary/case profiles with > pictures, a video, basic facts on each individual beneficiary/student along > with a short narrative which can be posted without manual intervention. So > the beneficiaries could have a presence on our website, cases or individual > files could be maintained and updated over time when more information is > available on each case e.g. through a new commcare form, and 'live' files > are as real as possible so the donors could connect with them and see the > value in a transparent way throughout the program duration. > > Currently the reporting/donor update process is very slow which leads to Aurangzeb > donor dissatisfaction because we cannot work fast enough to update and > maintain the sites manually specially when there are multiple programs and > platforms to handle with limited resources. > > We've been told that CommCare outputs the raw data in csv or xls formats, > which many of Commcare partners feed directly into dashboards for their own > visualization and reporting purposes along with tables or graphs which > could be set up to display the collected data and automatically refresh > with the latest submissions to Commcare server. > > We would also like to achieve this in an efficient way. Someone has > suggested using Google Apps Engine to develop a web based tool which could > act as a 'middleware' in between, with back end integration with Commcare > and front end with our Joomla Website. Anyone who has done this kind of > integration? > > Hoping for a positive response. > > > Best, > Aurangzeb Farrukh > > > Lahaute Foundation, Inc > > Office > 23383 Golden Springs Dr > Diamond Bar CA 91765 > > Mailing Address: > 382 N Lemon Ave No 267 > Walnut CA 91789 > > www.LahauteFoundation.org > www.facebook.com/LahauteFoundation > > www.ArdOSamaa.com > www.facebook.com/ArdOSamaa > > > > >

--
Charles Flèche
mHealth Advisor
Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org

Hi Charles,

Thank you so much for this. I'm fairly new to commcare and google-groups
and I am semi technical so please bear with me if I ask some silly
questions. Just trying to collect enough information for the customer and
our internal team to agree on the right approach and then formally start
working on it together.

I'm sure the customer would be Ok with a daily refresh which is going to be
a major improvement in the current reporting cycle and hence these options
sound very useful. I think initially we can start doing this manually like
you've suggested and then make it a recurrent automated task on Google App
Engine to further improve this process.

Just need some additional information so I could discuss this in detail.

When you say “Get data from Commcare either by running the python import
tool or by downloading the daily report in HQ”,

· Is the output or raw data available in csv or xls format which is
then pushed in Joomla using Joomla API?

Is there a recommended python data import tool?

Is it something like ‘fluent-logger-python
http://github.com/fluent/fluent-logger-python’ available through a
service like Treasure data?

We do have access to technical resources/developers but I am not sure what
programming language or experience the developer should have who can deal
with multiple platforms and languages (Joomla/PHP, CommCare, Python, Google
Apps, Python and JAVA). Any Suggestions?

I can have our technical lead take over this discussion if you feel it
would be more helpful :slight_smile:

Thanks so much.

Regards,

Aurangzeb

··· On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 9:07:34 PM UTC-7, Charles Flèche wrote: > > Dear Aurangzeb, > > > > How "live" do you want your system to be : do you want Joomla to be > updated as soon as a form is sent or a daily refresh would be good enough ? > > > > If you don't need an instant refresh but a regular (let's say daily) > refresh is good enough, you could probably do without App Engine at first: > > > > 1. Get data from CommCare, either by running the python data import tool > or simply by downloading the daily reports you can configure in HQ > > 2. Push the data in Joomla using the Joomla API > > > > You could manually run this program at first, then make it a recurrent > automated task on your workstation / Google App Engine / Amazon Cloud if > required. > > > > Another approach would be to write a Joomla plugin that directly query > CommCareHQ. > > > > Do you have developers in your team ? > > > > Good luck, > > > > Charles > > > > > > > > On Monday 18 May 2015 13:44:15 Aurangzeb Farrukh wrote: > > > Hello, > > > > > > Hope everyone is doing well. > > > > > > We are looking for some ideas to sync valuable information collected > > > through Commcare directly on our Joomla based website and Facebook page > for > > > customized visualization and case reporting in real time or near real > time. > > > > > > For example, we would like to create 'live' beneficiary/case profiles > with > > > pictures, a video, basic facts on each individual beneficiary/student > along > > > with a short narrative which can be posted without manual intervention. > So > > > the beneficiaries could have a presence on our website, cases or > individual > > > files could be maintained and updated over time when more information is > > > available on each case e.g. through a new commcare form, and 'live' > files > > > are as real as possible so the donors could connect with them and see > the > > > value in a transparent way throughout the program duration. > > > > > > Currently the reporting/donor update process is very slow which leads to > Aurangzeb > > > donor dissatisfaction because we cannot work fast enough to update and > > > maintain the sites manually specially when there are multiple programs > and > > > platforms to handle with limited resources. > > > > > > We've been told that CommCare outputs the raw data in csv or xls > formats, > > > which many of Commcare partners feed directly into dashboards for their > own > > > visualization and reporting purposes along with tables or graphs which > > > could be set up to display the collected data and automatically refresh > > > with the latest submissions to Commcare server. > > > > > > We would also like to achieve this in an efficient way. Someone has > > > suggested using Google Apps Engine to develop a web based tool which > could > > > act as a 'middleware' in between, with back end integration with > Commcare > > > and front end with our Joomla Website. Anyone who has done this kind of > > > integration? > > > > > > Hoping for a positive response. > > > > > > > > > Best, > > > Aurangzeb Farrukh > > > > > > > > > Lahaute Foundation, Inc > > > > > > Office > > > 23383 Golden Springs Dr > > > Diamond Bar CA 91765 > > > > > > Mailing Address: > > > 382 N Lemon Ave No 267 > > > Walnut CA 91789 > > > > > > www.LahauteFoundation.org > > > www.facebook.com/LahauteFoundation > > > > > > www.ArdOSamaa.com > > > www.facebook.com/ArdOSamaa > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > Charles Flèche > > mHealth Advisor > > Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org > > Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org > > >

"Is the output or raw data available in csv or xls format which is then pushed in Joomla using Joomla API?"

Three points here : pulling data from CommCare, push it to Joomla and the data format.

PULLING DATA FROM COMMCARE

To get data from CommCare, you have two options: downloading reports from CommCareHQ or using the python import tool. Both can output CSV or XLS files.

Reports: https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Data+Export+Overview[1]
Export tool: https://github.com/dimagi/commcare-export[2]

PUSHING DATA TO JOOMLA

I have no experience in developing for Joomla, but I guess some kind of REST or XML-RPC API are available. You'd use these API to push data to Joomla.

DATA FORMAT

You'd get CSV or XLS files from CommCare, but for sure some work would have to be done to use this data with Joomla. You must not expect to upload the CSV or XLS directly to Joomla and be done with it.

About fluentd: I'm not sure what you are talking about… I don't see why you'd use fluentd in this scenario.

About the languages: you'd get files on the CommCare side and will use a REST / XML-RPC API on the Joomla side, so the language question is almost irrelevant here. You should select a language according to your dev proficiency and the availability of a good Joomla API binding for a given language.

Good luck Aurangzeb !

Charles

··· On Tuesday 19 May 2015 08:31:29 Aurangzeb Farrukh wrote: > > Hi Charles, > > > > Thank you so much for this. I'm fairly new to commcare and google-groups > and I am semi technical so please bear with me if I ask some silly > questions. Just trying to collect enough information for the customer and > our internal team to agree on the right approach and then formally start > working on it together. > > > > I'm sure the customer would be Ok with a daily refresh which is going to be > a major improvement in the current reporting cycle and hence these options > sound very useful. I think initially we can start doing this manually like > you've suggested and then make it a recurrent automated task on Google App > Engine to further improve this process. > > > > Just need some additional information so I could discuss this in detail. > > > > When you say “Get data from Commcare either by running the python import > tool or by downloading the daily report in HQ”, > > · Is the output or raw data available in csv or xls format which is > then pushed in Joomla using Joomla API? > > > > Is there a recommended python data import tool? > > Is it something like ‘fluent-logger-python > ’ available through a > service like Treasure data? > > > > We do have access to technical resources/developers but I am not sure what > programming language or experience the developer should have who can deal > with multiple platforms and languages (Joomla/PHP, CommCare, Python, Google > Apps, Python and JAVA). Any Suggestions? > > > > I can have our technical lead take over this discussion if you feel it > would be more helpful :) > > > > Thanks so much. > > > > Regards, > > Aurangzeb > > > > > On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 9:07:34 PM UTC-7, Charles Flèche wrote: > > > > Dear Aurangzeb, > > > > > > > > How "live" do you want your system to be : do you want Joomla to be > > updated as soon as a form is sent or a daily refresh would be good enough ? > > > > > > > > If you don't need an instant refresh but a regular (let's say daily) > > refresh is good enough, you could probably do without App Engine at first: > > > > > > > > 1. Get data from CommCare, either by running the python data import tool > > or simply by downloading the daily reports you can configure in HQ > > > > 2. Push the data in Joomla using the Joomla API > > > > > > > > You could manually run this program at first, then make it a recurrent > > automated task on your workstation / Google App Engine / Amazon Cloud if > > required. > > > > > > > > Another approach would be to write a Joomla plugin that directly query > > CommCareHQ. > > > > > > > > Do you have developers in your team ? > > > > > > > > Good luck, > > > > > > > > Charles > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On Monday 18 May 2015 13:44:15 Aurangzeb Farrukh wrote: > > > > > Hello, > > > > > > > > > > Hope everyone is doing well. > > > > > > > > > > We are looking for some ideas to sync valuable information collected > > > > > through Commcare directly on our Joomla based website and Facebook page > > for > > > > > customized visualization and case reporting in real time or near real > > time. > > > > > > > > > > For example, we would like to create 'live' beneficiary/case profiles > > with > > > > > pictures, a video, basic facts on each individual beneficiary/student > > along > > > > > with a short narrative which can be posted without manual intervention. > > So > > > > > the beneficiaries could have a presence on our website, cases or > > individual > > > > > files could be maintained and updated over time when more information is > > > > > available on each case e.g. through a new commcare form, and 'live' > > files > > > > > are as real as possible so the donors could connect with them and see > > the > > > > > value in a transparent way throughout the program duration. > > > > > > > > > > Currently the reporting/donor update process is very slow which leads to > > Aurangzeb > > > > > donor dissatisfaction because we cannot work fast enough to update and > > > > > maintain the sites manually specially when there are multiple programs > > and > > > > > platforms to handle with limited resources. > > > > > > > > > > We've been told that CommCare outputs the raw data in csv or xls > > formats, > > > > > which many of Commcare partners feed directly into dashboards for their > > own > > > > > visualization and reporting purposes along with tables or graphs which > > > > > could be set up to display the collected data and automatically refresh > > > > > with the latest submissions to Commcare server. > > > > > > > > > > We would also like to achieve this in an efficient way. Someone has > > > > > suggested using Google Apps Engine to develop a web based tool which > > could > > > > > act as a 'middleware' in between, with back end integration with > > Commcare > > > > > and front end with our Joomla Website. Anyone who has done this kind of > > > > > integration? > > > > > > > > > > Hoping for a positive response. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Best, > > > > > Aurangzeb Farrukh > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Lahaute Foundation, Inc > > > > > > > > > > Office > > > > > 23383 Golden Springs Dr > > > > > Diamond Bar CA 91765 > > > > > > > > > > Mailing Address: > > > > > 382 N Lemon Ave No 267 > > > > > Walnut CA 91789 > > > > > > > > > > www.LahauteFoundation.org > > > > > www.facebook.com/LahauteFoundation > > > > > > > > > > www.ArdOSamaa.com > > > > > www.facebook.com/ArdOSamaa > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Charles Flèche > > > > mHealth Advisor > > > > Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org > > > > Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org > > > > > >

--
Charles Flèche
mHealth Advisor
Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org

[1] Data Export Overview - CommCare Public - CommCare Public
[2] https://github.com/dimagi/commcare-export

Thank you.

Regards,
Aurangzeb

··· On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 9:20:07 AM UTC-7, Charles Flèche wrote: > > "Is the output or raw data available in csv or xls format which is then > pushed in Joomla using Joomla API?" > > > > > > Three points here : pulling data from CommCare, push it to Joomla and the > data format. > > > > > > PULLING DATA FROM COMMCARE > > > > To get data from CommCare, you have two options: downloading reports from > CommCareHQ or using the python import tool. Both can output CSV or XLS > files. > > > > Reports: > https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Data+Export+Overview > > Export tool: https://github.com/dimagi/commcare-export > > > > > > PUSHING DATA TO JOOMLA > > > > I have no experience in developing for Joomla, but I guess some kind of > REST or XML-RPC API are available. You'd use these API to push data to > Joomla. > > > > > > DATA FORMAT > > > > You'd get CSV or XLS files from CommCare, but for sure some work would > have to be done to use this data with Joomla. You must not expect to upload > the CSV or XLS directly to Joomla and be done with it. > > > > > > About fluentd: I'm not sure what you are talking about… I don't see why > you'd use fluentd in this scenario. > > > > About the languages: you'd get files on the CommCare side and will use a > REST / XML-RPC API on the Joomla side, so the language question is almost > irrelevant here. You should select a language according to your dev > proficiency and the availability of a good Joomla API binding for a given > language. > > > > > > Good luck Aurangzeb ! > > > > > > Charles > > > > > > > > On Tuesday 19 May 2015 08:31:29 Aurangzeb Farrukh wrote: > > > > > > Hi Charles, > > > > > > > > > > > > Thank you so much for this. I'm fairly new to commcare and google-groups > > > and I am semi technical so please bear with me if I ask some silly > > > questions. Just trying to collect enough information for the customer > and > > > our internal team to agree on the right approach and then formally start > > > working on it together. > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm sure the customer would be Ok with a daily refresh which is going to > be > > > a major improvement in the current reporting cycle and hence these > options > > > sound very useful. I think initially we can start doing this manually > like > > > you've suggested and then make it a recurrent automated task on Google > App > > > Engine to further improve this process. > > > > > > > > > > > > Just need some additional information so I could discuss this in detail. > > > > > > > > > > > > When you say “Get data from Commcare either by running the python import > > > tool or by downloading the daily report in HQ”, > > > > > > · Is the output or raw data available in csv or xls format which is > > > then pushed in Joomla using Joomla API? > > > > > > > > > > > > Is there a recommended python data import tool? > > > > > > Is it something like ‘fluent-logger-python > > > ’ available through a > > > service like Treasure data? > > > > > > > > > > > > We do have access to technical resources/developers but I am not sure > what > > > programming language or experience the developer should have who can > deal > > > with multiple platforms and languages (Joomla/PHP, CommCare, Python, > Google > > > Apps, Python and JAVA). Any Suggestions? > > > > > > > > > > > > I can have our technical lead take over this discussion if you feel it > > > would be more helpful :) > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks so much. > > > > > > > > > > > > Regards, > > > > > > Aurangzeb > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 9:07:34 PM UTC-7, Charles Flèche wrote: > > > > > > > > Dear Aurangzeb, > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > How "live" do you want your system to be : do you want Joomla to be > > > > updated as soon as a form is sent or a daily refresh would be good > enough ? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > If you don't need an instant refresh but a regular (let's say daily) > > > > refresh is good enough, you could probably do without App Engine at > first: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 1. Get data from CommCare, either by running the python data import > tool > > > > or simply by downloading the daily reports you can configure in HQ > > > > > > > > 2. Push the data in Joomla using the Joomla API > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You could manually run this program at first, then make it a recurrent > > > > automated task on your workstation / Google App Engine / Amazon Cloud > if > > > > required. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Another approach would be to write a Joomla plugin that directly query > > > > CommCareHQ. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Do you have developers in your team ? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Good luck, > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Charles > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On Monday 18 May 2015 13:44:15 Aurangzeb Farrukh wrote: > > > > > > > > > Hello, > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hope everyone is doing well. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > We are looking for some ideas to sync valuable information collected > > > > > > > > > through Commcare directly on our Joomla based website and Facebook > page > > > > for > > > > > > > > > customized visualization and case reporting in real time or near > real > > > > time. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > For example, we would like to create 'live' beneficiary/case > profiles > > > > with > > > > > > > > > pictures, a video, basic facts on each individual > beneficiary/student > > > > along > > > > > > > > > with a short narrative which can be posted without manual > intervention. > > > > So > > > > > > > > > the beneficiaries could have a presence on our website, cases or > > > > individual > > > > > > > > > files could be maintained and updated over time when more > information is > > > > > > > > > available on each case e.g. through a new commcare form, and 'live' > > > > files > > > > > > > > > are as real as possible so the donors could connect with them and > see > > > > the > > > > > > > > > value in a transparent way throughout the program duration. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Currently the reporting/donor update process is very slow which > leads to > > > > Aurangzeb > > > > > > > > > donor dissatisfaction because we cannot work fast enough to update > and > > > > > > > > > maintain the sites manually specially when there are multiple > programs > > > > and > > > > > > > > > platforms to handle with limited resources. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > We've been told that CommCare outputs the raw data in csv or xls > > > > formats, > > > > > > > > > which many of Commcare partners feed directly into dashboards for > their > > > > own > > > > > > > > > visualization and reporting purposes along with tables or graphs > which > > > > > > > > > could be set up to display the collected data and automatically > refresh > > > > > > > > > with the latest submissions to Commcare server. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > We would also like to achieve this in an efficient way. Someone has > > > > > > > > > suggested using Google Apps Engine > ...

Not much to add to Charles's great recommendations.

There's also a more user-friendly writeup of the data export tool on the
help site:
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Data+Export+Tool

··· On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Aurangzeb Farrukh < aurangzeb.farrukh@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you.

Regards,
Aurangzeb

On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 9:20:07 AM UTC-7, Charles Flèche wrote:

"Is the output or raw data available in csv or xls format which is then
pushed in Joomla using Joomla API?"

Three points here : pulling data from CommCare, push it to Joomla and the
data format.

PULLING DATA FROM COMMCARE

To get data from CommCare, you have two options: downloading reports from
CommCareHQ or using the python import tool. Both can output CSV or XLS
files.

Reports:
Data Export Overview - CommCare Public - CommCare Public

Export tool: GitHub - dimagi/commcare-export: A command-line tool and Python library to generate customized exports from CommCareHQ.

PUSHING DATA TO JOOMLA

I have no experience in developing for Joomla, but I guess some kind of
REST or XML-RPC API are available. You'd use these API to push data to
Joomla.

DATA FORMAT

You'd get CSV or XLS files from CommCare, but for sure some work would
have to be done to use this data with Joomla. You must not expect to upload
the CSV or XLS directly to Joomla and be done with it.

About fluentd: I'm not sure what you are talking about… I don't see why
you'd use fluentd in this scenario.

About the languages: you'd get files on the CommCare side and will use a
REST / XML-RPC API on the Joomla side, so the language question is almost
irrelevant here. You should select a language according to your dev
proficiency and the availability of a good Joomla API binding for a given
language.

Good luck Aurangzeb !

Charles

On Tuesday 19 May 2015 08:31:29 Aurangzeb Farrukh wrote:

Hi Charles,

Thank you so much for this. I'm fairly new to commcare and
google-groups

and I am semi technical so please bear with me if I ask some silly

questions. Just trying to collect enough information for the customer
and

our internal team to agree on the right approach and then formally
start

working on it together.

I'm sure the customer would be Ok with a daily refresh which is going
to be

a major improvement in the current reporting cycle and hence these
options

sound very useful. I think initially we can start doing this manually

you've suggested and then make it a recurrent automated task on Google
App

Engine to further improve this process.

Just need some additional information so I could discuss this in
detail.

When you say “Get data from Commcare either by running the python
import

tool or by downloading the daily report in HQ”,

· Is the output or raw data available in csv or xls format which is

then pushed in Joomla using Joomla API?

Is there a recommended python data import tool?

Is it something like ‘fluent-logger-python

http://github.com/fluent/fluent-logger-python’ available through a

service like Treasure data?

We do have access to technical resources/developers but I am not sure
what

programming language or experience the developer should have who can
deal

with multiple platforms and languages (Joomla/PHP, CommCare, Python,
Google

Apps, Python and JAVA). Any Suggestions?

I can have our technical lead take over this discussion if you feel it

would be more helpful :slight_smile:

Thanks so much.

Regards,

Aurangzeb

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 9:07:34 PM UTC-7, Charles Flèche wrote:

Dear Aurangzeb,

How "live" do you want your system to be : do you want Joomla to be

updated as soon as a form is sent or a daily refresh would be good
enough ?

If you don't need an instant refresh but a regular (let's say daily)

refresh is good enough, you could probably do without App Engine at
first:

1. Get data from CommCare, either by running the python data import
    tool

or simply by downloading the daily reports you can configure in HQ

1. Push the data in Joomla using the Joomla API

You could manually run this program at first, then make it a
recurrent

automated task on your workstation / Google App Engine / Amazon Cloud
if

required.

Another approach would be to write a Joomla plugin that directly
query

CommCareHQ.

Do you have developers in your team ?

Good luck,

Charles

On Monday 18 May 2015 13:44:15 Aurangzeb Farrukh wrote:

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well.

We are looking for some ideas to sync valuable information
collected

through Commcare directly on our Joomla based website and Facebook
page

for

customized visualization and case reporting in real time or near
real

time.

For example, we would like to create 'live' beneficiary/case
profiles

with

pictures, a video, basic facts on each individual
beneficiary/student

along

with a short narrative which can be posted without manual
intervention.

So

the beneficiaries could have a presence on our website, cases or

individual

files could be maintained and updated over time when more
information is

available on each case e.g. through a new commcare form, and 'live'

files

are as real as possible so the donors could connect with them and
see

the

value in a transparent way throughout the program duration.

Currently the reporting/donor update process is very slow which
leads to

Aurangzeb

donor dissatisfaction because we cannot work fast enough to update
and

maintain the sites manually specially when there are multiple
programs

and

platforms to handle with limited resources.

We've been told that CommCare outputs the raw data in csv or xls

formats,

which many of Commcare partners feed directly into dashboards for
their

own

visualization and reporting purposes along with tables or graphs
which

could be set up to display the collected data and automatically
refresh

with the latest submissions to Commcare server.

We would also like to achieve this in an efficient way. Someone has

suggested using Google Apps Engine

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.