"Commcare has stopped working"

Hi All,

The field staff in our program have recently started complaining about an
error message which flashes during their field visit. It says
"Unfortunately Commcare has stopped working".
It has been reported by as many as 15 field staff people. Can anybody guide
me how to go about it? The application has not changed a bit.

Thanks,
Ruchi

We are troubleshooting the same kind of issues here. In our case, it turns out that
if you change the Default storage location (Settings > Storage) after installing your
CommCare app and collecting a few forms, CommCareODK crashes.

What version of Android are you using ? Our phones run 4.1.2.

··· On Tuesday 27 January 2015 03:50:27 Ruchi Deshpande wrote: > The field staff in our program have recently started complaining about an > error message which flashes during their field visit. It says > "Unfortunately Commcare has stopped working". > It has been reported by as many as 15 field staff people. Can anybody guide > me how to go about it? The application has not changed a bit.


Charles Flèche
mHealth Advisor
Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org

We are using Android version 4.1. But until now the application was working
fine.

··· On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 5:20:27 PM UTC+5:30, Ruchi Deshpande wrote: > > Hi All, > > The field staff in our program have recently started complaining about an > error message which flashes during their field visit. It says > "Unfortunately Commcare has stopped working". > It has been reported by as many as 15 field staff people. Can anybody > guide me how to go about it? The application has not changed a bit. > > Thanks, > Ruchi >

No Devika, according to the field staff it happens in all the forms.
(Saved, incomplete or while opening new form)!!

··· On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 5:20:27 PM UTC+5:30, Ruchi Deshpande wrote: > > Hi All, > > The field staff in our program have recently started complaining about an > error message which flashes during their field visit. It says > "Unfortunately Commcare has stopped working". > It has been reported by as many as 15 field staff people. Can anybody > guide me how to go about it? The application has not changed a bit. > > Thanks, > Ruchi >

Hi Nate,

Yes the problem is still there. I tried to submit the bug but somehow I am
unable to login with the same userid and password with which I access my
application in Commcare.

Thanks,
Ruchi

··· On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 5:20:27 PM UTC+5:30, Ruchi Deshpande wrote: > > Hi All, > > The field staff in our program have recently started complaining about an > error message which flashes during their field visit. It says > "Unfortunately Commcare has stopped working". > It has been reported by as many as 15 field staff people. Can anybody > guide me how to go about it? The application has not changed a bit. > > Thanks, > Ruchi >

Ruchi,

Could you please submit a bug
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/TDH/Bug+Reports+and+Tracking?src=search
so
that our team can take a closer look at your domain and application?

Thank you,
Will

··· On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 7:22 AM, Charles Flèche wrote:

On Tuesday 27 January 2015 03:50:27 Ruchi Deshpande wrote:

The field staff in our program have recently started complaining about an

error message which flashes during their field visit. It says

“Unfortunately Commcare has stopped working”.

It has been reported by as many as 15 field staff people. Can anybody
guide

me how to go about it? The application has not changed a bit.

We are troubleshooting the same kind of issues here. In our case, it turns
out that if you change the Default storage location (Settings > Storage)
after installing your CommCare app and collecting a few forms, CommCareODK
crashes.

What version of Android are you using ? Our phones run 4.1.2.

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Ruchi,

Is the force close happening on a particular question?

Best,

Devika
Senior Field Manager, Dimagi
Skype: d_devika
+91 9555571141

··· On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Ruchi Deshpande < ruchi.deshpande@snehamumbai.org> wrote:

We are using Android version 4.1. But until now the application was
working fine.

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 5:20:27 PM UTC+5:30, Ruchi Deshpande wrote:

Hi All,

The field staff in our program have recently started complaining about an
error message which flashes during their field visit. It says
"Unfortunately Commcare has stopped working".
It has been reported by as many as 15 field staff people. Can anybody
guide me how to go about it? The application has not changed a bit.

Thanks,
Ruchi


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Ruchi,

I wanted to check in and see if this issue is still happening. I just took
a look and I didn’t see a bug report filed for this. If it is still
happening, I’ll be happy to help you investigate it. Feel free to fill out
the template found here:
https://help.commcarehq.org/display/TDH/Bug+Reports+and+Tracking

Sincerely,

··· -- Nate Haduch

Technical Support Analyst
Dimagi, Inc | 585 Massachusetts Ave | Suite 3 | Cambridge, MA 02139
web: http://www.dimagi.com/

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 1:49 AM, Ruchi Deshpande < ruchi.deshpande@snehamumbai.org> wrote:

No Devika, according to the field staff it happens in all the forms.
(Saved, incomplete or while opening new form)!!

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 5:20:27 PM UTC+5:30, Ruchi Deshpande wrote:

Hi All,

The field staff in our program have recently started complaining about an
error message which flashes during their field visit. It says
"Unfortunately Commcare has stopped working".
It has been reported by as many as 15 field staff people. Can anybody
guide me how to go about it? The application has not changed a bit.

Thanks,
Ruchi


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Ruchi,

With your mobile worker account, you should be able to log in to CommCareHQ
by using the following syntax for your user name: (user)@(project space).
commcarehq.org. So if my username was nate and my project space was
natespace, it would be nate@natespace.commcarehq.org.

Also, you can now report a bug from within CommCare ODK on your mobile
device. After logging in, you can choose “Report Problem” from the same
menu that you would use to “Update CommCare.” For more on this, please see
"Issue Reporting on CommCare Mobile" here:
https://help.commcarehq.org/display/commcarepublic/Bug+Reports

Sincerely,

··· -- Nate Haduch

Technical Support Analyst
Dimagi, Inc | 585 Massachusetts Ave | Suite 3 | Cambridge, MA 02139
web: http://www.dimagi.com/

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 2:59 AM, Ruchi Deshpande < ruchi.deshpande@snehamumbai.org> wrote:

Hi Nate,

Yes the problem is still there. I tried to submit the bug but somehow I am
unable to login with the same userid and password with which I access my
application in Commcare.

Thanks,
Ruchi

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 5:20:27 PM UTC+5:30, Ruchi Deshpande wrote:

Hi All,

The field staff in our program have recently started complaining about an
error message which flashes during their field visit. It says
"Unfortunately Commcare has stopped working".
It has been reported by as many as 15 field staff people. Can anybody
guide me how to go about it? The application has not changed a bit.

Thanks,
Ruchi


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.