Hello from the CommCare Mobile Team,
The CommCare 2.51 pre-release is now available for QA. The pre-release is made available for any users or projects that would like to do their own testing of the next upcoming mobile release. Please report any issues you encounter in this pre-release version.
The most significant changes in the upcoming release are listed here -
- Added support for Android 11.
- Added text to speech support
- Added support for CommCare Identity hooks
- We’ll now allow use of 3rd party barcode scanner apps.
- Added a short appearance attribute for text input questions. keyboard in String Widgets will have a next button to jump to the next input question(or done button if no other input question is in the screen) if short appearance attribute is used. The same will also happen for compact appearance attribute.
- Improved periodicity/reliability of heartbeat requests.
- Removed header title from sub-menu screen as it’s already present in the action bar title.
- Improvements to RTL support.
- Added clear button to auto advance radio button.
- Migrated to App Compat.
- Fixed an issue where form incorrectly jumps to an input question when a date question is answered.
- We’ll now show an error dialog when attachment of size more than 15 MBs is uploaded by the user.
- Deprecated linking to external files on device in forms.
- Fixed a bug with distance from current location case detail property.
- We now allow arbitrary named strings as intent callout response.
You can download the latest 2.51 pre-release apk by clicking this link.