We have started rolling out CommCare 2.50 to Google Play store. This is a phased rollout where we are only releasing the new CommCare release to few of the users to start with and will slowly roll it out to more users over the coming week.
The most important changes in this release are:
- We’ve added support for markdown tables.
- We’ve added support to selectively rate limit app resource requests.
- We’ve added support for app updates without multimedia using lazy downloading.
- We’ve increased the limit on the number of allowed CommCare apps on a single CommCare instance to 4!
- We’ve moved Mobile Privilege option behind Advanced Developer Options.
- We’ve added landscape orientation support to Gregorian date widget.
- We’ve added a custom property
cc-disable-file-oversize-warningon HQ, which when set to yes will disable file-oversized warnings in mobile.
- We’ve added a button to clear choices in single-select questions.
- We’ve added a retry button in Recovery screen.
- We’ve made improvements in capturing location.
- We’ll now use CommCare’s in-built audio widget by default for audio capture question.
- We’ll now show an error on saving a form when any of case_name, case_type, owner_id and external_id for a case is greater than 255 chars in length.
- We’ll now delete any erroneous forms on form save by user rather than later quarantining them at the time of form submission.
- We’ve added support for tiered lists and barcode scan in Case Claim prompts
- Hide the manual form Quarantine option from the scan record integrity dialog.
- We’ve made group label font size consistent with question text.
- Recheck button on the Update Screen will be enabled always.
- We’ve updated Required version comparison to include the minimal app version as well.
Please report any bugs that you encounter.