Changing case type

Dear CommCare users,

We registered cases with the case name “XXX”. After a mistake, the case name has been changed to “YYY”. It means that we end up with 2 sets of cases that describe the same concept.

We would love to merge the two set of cases together.

It seems like you cannot use the Excel importer to change the type of the case : you cannot map a column to the “type” value of a case in the last page of the Excel Import wizard.

There are only 30 cases to update, so a manual fix is totally doable.

What would the best way to change the type of a case ?

Many thanks,

··· -- Charles Flèche mHealth Advisor Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org

Hi Charles,
The most straight-forward method is to export the cases and then re-import
them using the case importer with the new case type. There’s no easy way to
change a case type.

Thanks!

··· On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 10:15 AM, Charles Flèche wrote:

Dear CommCare users,

We registered cases with the case name “XXX”. After a mistake, the case
name has been changed to “YYY”. It means that we end up with 2 sets of
cases that describe the same concept.

We would love to merge the two set of cases together.

It seems like you cannot use the Excel importer to change the type of the
case : you cannot map a column to the “type” value of a case in the last
page of the Excel Import wizard.

There are only 30 cases to update, so a manual fix is totally doable.

What would the best way to change the type of a case ?

Many thanks,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Charles,

Just to follow up on your point about using “type” on the last page of the
Excel Import Wizard: you have to check the box for “Create a new property
instead” and name it “type”.

Let me know if this works for you or if you have further comments or
questions on this.

Cheers,

Nate

··· On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Derek Hans wrote:

Hi Charles,
The most straight-forward method is to export the cases and then re-import
them using the case importer with the new case type. There’s no easy way to
change a case type.

Thanks!

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 10:15 AM, Charles Flèche mhealth-myanmar@tsfi.org wrote:

Dear CommCare users,

We registered cases with the case name “XXX”. After a mistake, the case
name has been changed to “YYY”. It means that we end up with 2 sets of
cases that describe the same concept.

We would love to merge the two set of cases together.

It seems like you cannot use the Excel importer to change the type of the
case : you cannot map a column to the “type” value of a case in the last
page of the Excel Import wizard.

There are only 30 cases to update, so a manual fix is totally doable.

What would the best way to change the type of a case ?

Many thanks,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Nate Haduch

Technical Support Analyst
Dimagi, Inc | 585 Massachusetts Ave | Suite 3 | Cambridge, MA 02139
web: http://www.dimagi.com/

That did the trick, awesome. Thanks Nate.

··· On Thursday 02 April 2015 13:22:57 Nate Haduch wrote: > Let me know if this works for you or if you have further comments or > questions on this.


Charles Flèche
mHealth Advisor
Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org

Actually it seems that there still some oddities… Looking at the case data, the Case Type has been set to the new, correct value : equipment_top-up
However, it is still listed as an equipment_credit

Will the case be listed as equipment_top-up eventually after a DB refresh or do I have to do something else ?

Case data
https://www.commcarehq.org/a/puami-tsf-mnch-myanmar/reports/case_data/302ec2f2-84e8-46c0-900c-abee22285792/

Case list
https://www.commcarehq.org/a/puami-tsf-mnch-myanmar/reports/case_list/?emw=t__0&case_type=equipement_credit&is_open=&search_query=

Many thanks,

··· -- Charles Flèche mHealth Advisor Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org

Hey Charles,

This is due to the infrastructure issues we emailed about last night. It
turns out that the case list report is not yet in sync from the incident
last night.

The case type has been changed and it should work fine on phones.

Cory

··· On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 3:53 AM, Charles Flèche wrote:

Actually it seems that there still some oddities… Looking at the case
data, the Case Type has been set to the new, correct value :
equipment_top-up

However, it is still listed as an equipment_credit

Will the case be listed as equipment_top-up eventually after a DB refresh
or do I have to do something else ?

Case data

https://www.commcarehq.org/a/puami-tsf-mnch-myanmar/reports/case_data/302ec2f2-84e8-46c0-900c-abee22285792/

Case list

https://www.commcarehq.org/a/puami-tsf-mnch-myanmar/reports/case_list/?emw=t__0&case_type=equipement_credit&is_open=&search_query=

Many thanks,

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.