Cases not archived

Hi there, I had imported around 57000 cases in an application and I wanted to remove them. I tried to archive them but I didnt work so I deleted the application and recreated it and reimported them again. Now I have around 187,000 cases and it is getting messy. Can you please help me to fix this issue?
Thanks.

Hi there @Rupa

You can export the cases as an Excel spreadsheet, then mark the ones you would like to close, and then close them using a case import. You can find more information here: https://dimagi.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/commcarepublic/pages/2143956224/Closing+Cases

To clarify the concepts around cases and applications: Cases do not belong to applications. You can have many applications that share the same cases. This is often useful when you have, for example, community health workers who are visiting patients and use one app, and clinicians who are referring to data about the same patients using a different app.

Thanks,

Norman

you can also find one of those cases, click on case history, you'll get a link to the form submission - which in this case is an excel upload.
archive that form - all the rest will be archived too because it recognizes that excel upload as the same form submission.

it used to work this way at least at some point. give it a shot!

Hi Mazza, thanks for your response. I used to do the same and it used to work but it is not working for this application.

Hi Norman, thanks for your response. I used to do the same and it used to work but it is not working for this application. I am using CC from last 7 years but now it is making me tired.