Case Sharing Using Organizations with Case Import

Aaaaw lovely! All works great, thanks Sheel!

Hey Chaiwa,
I think you may have assigned the cases to the Health Promoter user instead of the Health Promoter location. If the cases are assigned to the location, the case sharing behaviour you want should work. To fix this, you could use the case importer to update the cases and set the owner_name to the name of the Health Promoter location (or the site code of the Health Promoter location).

Thanks,Sheel

··· Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.-------- Original message --------From: Sheel Shah Date: 06/11/2017 17:34 (GMT+02:00) To: commcare-users@googlegroups.com Subject: Re: Case Sharing Using Organizations with Case Import On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 5:56 AM, Chaiwa Berian wrote: Dear CommCare Users, I have setup organization Structures like Province/District/Clinic/Health-Promoter, and example User Location looks like Eastern/Chipata/Samuel/Samuel HPs. At the Health Promoter Level, a location can have one or more Health Promoters whose cases can be shared with their parent locations(i.e clinics, all the way to province). So in this particular example, Samuel HPs is a location at the Health Promoters level and that I want the cases owned by the Health Promoters assigned to Samuel HPs to share their cases(Care Groups) with the workers at Samuel clinic and the rest of the users in the higher hierarchy(Eastern/Chipata). The steps I took were:1. Setup Organization Structures and Levels as shown above. Turned on Owns Cases at Clinic and Health Promoter levels. Also turned on View Child Data at all levels!2. Assign users to respective locations3. Import cases, with owner_name assigned to the username of the Health Promoter. The challenge is that when I log-in into the App used by the Health Promoter, I can see all cases(Care Groups) assigned to the Health Promoter, as expected! And remember the Health Promoter owns these cases. But when I log-in into the App used by workers at the Clinic, District, and Province I do not see the expected child cases! I haven't turned on case sharing at the App level, I haven't created case sharing groups since the documentation stated that "the Case Sharing Groups will be created automatically for users at a given location". Anything else I may have been missing out? I will greatly appreciate. Thanks and kind regards,Chaiwa.

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "commcare-users" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Sheel ShahProject Manager | Dimagim: +1.781.428.5419 | skype: sheel_shah

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "commcare-users" group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/-b2OKihqYCA/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.