Hello,

We have recently changed 2 questions in our application from free text to
look-up tables. To do this we deleted the original questions and added the
lookup table functions. This means that all the cases created before the
change will not have anything stored in this field in form/case exports. I
have tried to update the cases using a bulk import, adding the necessary
information to the new field, and this has worked when I download case
exports, however when I download form exports this additional information
is not included. Please help me figure out why this is the case.

Many thanks,
Maya

Hi Maya,

Excel case imports only update the case record and cannot update forms, so
I don't think it is expected that there would be any changes to the
previously exported forms.

When you are downloading the old forms if you want to include the deleted
fields you will want to choose "Show Deleted Questions and Advanced
Properties" in the form export settings and then choose to include the
deleted fields.

Hope this helps!

Jeremy

··· On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Maya Sethi wrote:

Hello,

We have recently changed 2 questions in our application from free text to
look-up tables. To do this we deleted the original questions and added the
lookup table functions. This means that all the cases created before the
change will not have anything stored in this field in form/case exports. I
have tried to update the cases using a bulk import, adding the necessary
information to the new field, and this has worked when I download case
exports, however when I download form exports this additional information
is not included. Please help me figure out why this is the case.

Many thanks,
Maya

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi http://www.dimagi.com, Inc.

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for this information. This is useful to know!!

Best,
Maya

··· On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 8:40:24 PM UTC+1, Jeremy Wacksman wrote: > > Hi Maya, > > Excel case imports only update the case record and cannot update forms, so > I don't think it is expected that there would be any changes to the > previously exported forms. > > When you are downloading the old forms if you want to include the deleted > fields you will want to choose "Show Deleted Questions and Advanced > Properties" in the form export settings and then choose to include the > deleted fields. > > Hope this helps! > > Jeremy > > On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Maya Sethi <ma...@figo.org wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> We have recently changed 2 questions in our application from free text to >> look-up tables. To do this we deleted the original questions and added the >> lookup table functions. This means that all the cases created before the >> change will not have anything stored in this field in form/case exports. I >> have tried to update the cases using a bulk import, adding the necessary >> information to the new field, and this has worked when I download case >> exports, however when I download form exports this additional information >> is not included. Please help me figure out why this is the case. >> >> Many thanks, >> Maya >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Jeremy Wacksman > Dimagi , Inc. > > On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 8:40:24 PM UTC+1, Jeremy Wacksman wrote: > > Hi Maya, > > Excel case imports only update the case record and cannot update forms, so > I don't think it is expected that there would be any changes to the > previously exported forms. > > When you are downloading the old forms if you want to include the deleted > fields you will want to choose "Show Deleted Questions and Advanced > Properties" in the form export settings and then choose to include the > deleted fields. > > Hope this helps! > > Jeremy > > On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Maya Sethi <ma...@figo.org wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> We have recently changed 2 questions in our application from free text to >> look-up tables. To do this we deleted the original questions and added the >> lookup table functions. This means that all the cases created before the >> change will not have anything stored in this field in form/case exports. I >> have tried to update the cases using a bulk import, adding the necessary >> information to the new field, and this has worked when I download case >> exports, however when I download form exports this additional information >> is not included. Please help me figure out why this is the case. >> >> Many thanks, >> Maya >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Jeremy Wacksman > Dimagi , Inc. > > On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 8:40:24 PM UTC+1, Jeremy Wacksman wrote: > > Hi Maya, > > Excel case imports only update the case record and cannot update forms, so > I don't think it is expected that there would be any changes to the > previously exported forms. > > When you are downloading the old forms if you want to include the deleted > fields you will want to choose "Show Deleted Questions and Advanced > Properties" in the form export settings and then choose to include the > deleted fields. > > Hope this helps! > > Jeremy > > On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Maya Sethi <ma...@figo.org wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> We have recently changed 2 questions in our application from free text to >> look-up tables. To do this we deleted the original questions and added the >> lookup table functions. This means that all the cases created before the >> change will not have anything stored in this field in form/case exports. I >> have tried to update the cases using a bulk import, adding the necessary >> information to the new field, and this has worked when I download case >> exports, however when I download form exports this additional information >> is not included. Please help me figure out why this is the case. >> >> Many thanks, >> Maya >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Jeremy Wacksman > Dimagi , Inc. > >