Best practices when copying between project space and test space?

Greetings all,
I have a project which now has v1 published with "real" data being
collected. As such, my plan is to continue working on v2 in the background
behind modules that are filtered (display condition 1=2) so that they don't
show up on the users' mobile devices. I'll then need to copy my work into
a separate space for actual testing (in order to avoid messing with the
collected data, amongst other issues).
I guess my first question is "Do you personally do it this way? If not,
then what is your preferred method?"
I've done a full app-copy a couple of times and it seems like it's not
the best return on my invested time since I end up with flags not copying
and various other issues, not to mention the fact that I have to re-install
the new version to my mobile every time it's copied over (it's not a huge
app but there are also location tables to download, so that takes some
time).
My hypothesis is that I could get a standardized version in place for
both work spaces (matching modules at least) and then use the "edit source
XML" functionality to copy and paste from the form in one space to the
corresponding form in the other.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Derek

Hi Derek --

My first reaction is that I would do it this way ... in short, you would do
all development in your own main app. you would not do very much over in a
second project space. You would only use some other project space just for
messing around with general ideas and practicing, not for building your new
version.

I would:

1-- create a few "test mobile users" in your app. You probably already have
some.

2-- have a few "test smartphones" where you do your testing with those test
users (again, you probably have this already.)

3-- ONLY on your test smartphones, and not on any other smartphones, you
will go in commcare to the three-dot menu > settings > "enable updates to
un-starred versions." That will make it so that on THAT phone, when you
go to the "update app" command, it will ALSO recognize newer app versions
that you have built in the Deploy section but that you have NOT actually
placed the Star next to to make it an official version.

4-- then you can remove the 1=2 display condition on the various new fields
and features you are making, and do plenty of development to try your first
attempt at your new app.

5-- then, go to the deploy area, and click the button to build/create new
verson. BUT no NOT click the "star" for that version.

6-- then go to your testing phone that you did the "enable unstarred"
configuration on. go to Update app on that phone. that phone will load
your new "in development" version! you can test it and enter lots of
data. That data WILL go into your database, but I assume that you are used
to that issue--- when you go to run your "real" reports of "real" data from
your app, you always specify a reporting group that includes only your REAL
mobile users and does not include your test user accounts in it.

7-- That way, you can play, test, work with those new features, fix them,
do more version builds. But you will never press star on them until you
are 100% sure the version is correct and ready.

8-- when you are certain that the newest unstarred version is 100% ready
for real release, you simply press "star" on it, and then tell all your
mobile users "hey, go update your apps." then when they go to "update app,"
their phone will be using the new perfect version.

... also, you might consider the app configuration that tells the phone to
automatically check once per week to see if there is a new version. That
can reduce the risk that some user does not update and you go for months
before you realize that some users were not collecting the needed data.

... also maybe you know this, but the way that you discover which of your
mobile users is using which version of your app ... is in a useful command
you can use. You go to Reports > View All, and then in the left pane,
click "application status." Then use the filter on that page to choose
which of your apps you want to track the implementation usage of... and the
resulting list, you can sort by date or by app version, etc. Lots of fun...

eric

Hello, I'd like to follow the advice above to test out my new app version
but I don't have the "enable updates to un-starred versions." on my
tablet. Has this option changed?

Re:
3-- ONLY on your test smartphones, and not on any other smartphones, you
will go in commcare to the three-dot menu > settings > "enable updates to
un-starred versions." That will make it so that on THAT phone, when you
go to the "update app" command, it will ALSO recognize newer app versions
that you have built in the Deploy section but that you have NOT actually
placed the Star next to to make it an official version.

··· On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 9:16:34 PM UTC-5, Eric Stephan wrote: > > > > Hi Derek -- > > My first reaction is that I would do it this way ... in short, you would > do all development in your own main app. you would not do very much over in > a second project space. You would only use some other project space just > for messing around with general ideas and practicing, not for building your > new version. > > I would: > > 1-- create a few "test mobile users" in your app. You probably already > have some. > > 2-- have a few "test smartphones" where you do your testing with those > test users (again, you probably have this already.) > > 3-- ONLY on your test smartphones, and not on any other smartphones, you > will go in commcare to the three-dot menu > settings > "enable updates to > un-starred versions." That will make it so that on THAT phone, when you > go to the "update app" command, it will ALSO recognize newer app versions > that you have built in the Deploy section but that you have NOT actually > placed the Star next to to make it an official version. > > 4-- then you can remove the 1=2 display condition on the various new > fields and features you are making, and do plenty of development to try > your first attempt at your new app. > > 5-- then, go to the deploy area, and click the button to build/create new > verson. BUT no NOT click the "star" for that version. > > 6-- then go to your testing phone that you did the "enable unstarred" > configuration on. go to Update app on that phone. that phone will load > your new "in development" version! you can test it and enter lots of > data. That data WILL go into your database, but I assume that you are used > to that issue--- when you go to run your "real" reports of "real" data from > your app, you always specify a reporting group that includes only your REAL > mobile users and does not include your test user accounts in it. > > 7-- That way, you can play, test, work with those new features, fix them, > do more version builds. But you will never press star on them until you > are 100% sure the version is correct and ready. > > 8-- when you are certain that the newest unstarred version is 100% ready > for real release, you simply press "star" on it, and then tell all your > mobile users "hey, go update your apps." then when they go to "update app," > their phone will be using the new perfect version. > > ... also, you might consider the app configuration that tells the phone to > automatically check once per week to see if there is a new version. That > can reduce the risk that some user does not update and you go for months > before you realize that some users were not collecting the needed data. > > ... also maybe you know this, but the way that you discover which of your > mobile users is using which version of your app ... is in a useful command > you can use. You go to Reports > View All, and then in the left pane, > click "application status." Then use the filter on that page to choose > which of your apps you want to track the implementation usage of... and the > resulting list, you can sort by date or by app version, etc. Lots of fun... > > eric > >

Hi Alexandra,

You are right. The same option is now available in Settings -> Update
Options. All you need to do is go there and enable 'Latest version' instead
of 'Latest starred version' to make your 'Update App' detect un-starred
versions.

Shubham

··· On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 11:49:43 PM UTC+5:30, Alexandra Hinton wrote: > > Hello, I'd like to follow the advice above to test out my new app version > but I don't have the "enable updates to un-starred versions." on my > tablet. Has this option changed? > > Re: > 3-- ONLY on your test smartphones, and not on any other smartphones, you > will go in commcare to the three-dot menu > settings > "enable updates to > un-starred versions." That will make it so that on THAT phone, when you > go to the "update app" command, it will ALSO recognize newer app versions > that you have built in the Deploy section but that you have NOT actually > placed the Star next to to make it an official version. > > On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 9:16:34 PM UTC-5, Eric Stephan wrote: >> >> >> >> Hi Derek -- >> >> My first reaction is that I would do it this way ... in short, you would >> do all development in your own main app. you would not do very much over in >> a second project space. You would only use some other project space just >> for messing around with general ideas and practicing, not for building your >> new version. >> >> I would: >> >> 1-- create a few "test mobile users" in your app. You probably already >> have some. >> >> 2-- have a few "test smartphones" where you do your testing with those >> test users (again, you probably have this already.) >> >> 3-- ONLY on your test smartphones, and not on any other smartphones, you >> will go in commcare to the three-dot menu > settings > "enable updates to >> un-starred versions." That will make it so that on THAT phone, when you >> go to the "update app" command, it will ALSO recognize newer app versions >> that you have built in the Deploy section but that you have NOT actually >> placed the Star next to to make it an official version. >> >> 4-- then you can remove the 1=2 display condition on the various new >> fields and features you are making, and do plenty of development to try >> your first attempt at your new app. >> >> 5-- then, go to the deploy area, and click the button to build/create new >> verson. BUT no NOT click the "star" for that version. >> >> 6-- then go to your testing phone that you did the "enable unstarred" >> configuration on. go to Update app on that phone. that phone will load >> your new "in development" version! you can test it and enter lots of >> data. That data WILL go into your database, but I assume that you are used >> to that issue--- when you go to run your "real" reports of "real" data from >> your app, you always specify a reporting group that includes only your REAL >> mobile users and does not include your test user accounts in it. >> >> 7-- That way, you can play, test, work with those new features, fix them, >> do more version builds. But you will never press star on them until you >> are 100% sure the version is correct and ready. >> >> 8-- when you are certain that the newest unstarred version is 100% ready >> for real release, you simply press "star" on it, and then tell all your >> mobile users "hey, go update your apps." then when they go to "update app," >> their phone will be using the new perfect version. >> >> ... also, you might consider the app configuration that tells the phone >> to automatically check once per week to see if there is a new version. That >> can reduce the risk that some user does not update and you go for months >> before you realize that some users were not collecting the needed data. >> >> ... also maybe you know this, but the way that you discover which of your >> mobile users is using which version of your app ... is in a useful command >> you can use. You go to Reports > View All, and then in the left pane, >> click "application status." Then use the filter on that page to choose >> which of your apps you want to track the implementation usage of... and the >> resulting list, you can sort by date or by app version, etc. Lots of fun... >> >> eric >> >>

Thanks so much for the reply, but this is not one of the options available.
Under Settings I have the following options:

Auto Update Frequency (Only available options here are Never, Daily, or
Weekly)
Set Print Template
Grid Menus Enabled
Fuzzy Search Matches
Configure Password Display
Opt Out of Analytics

Am I looking in the right place?

··· On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 9:40:38 AM UTC-4, Shubham Goyal wrote: > > Hi Alexandra, > > You are right. The same option is now available in Settings -> Update > Options. All you need to do is go there and enable 'Latest version' instead > of 'Latest starred version' to make your 'Update App' detect un-starred > versions. > > Shubham > > On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 11:49:43 PM UTC+5:30, Alexandra Hinton wrote: >> >> Hello, I'd like to follow the advice above to test out my new app version >> but I don't have the "enable updates to un-starred versions." on my >> tablet. Has this option changed? >> >> Re: >> 3-- ONLY on your test smartphones, and not on any other smartphones, you >> will go in commcare to the three-dot menu > settings > "enable updates to >> un-starred versions." That will make it so that on THAT phone, when you >> go to the "update app" command, it will ALSO recognize newer app versions >> that you have built in the Deploy section but that you have NOT actually >> placed the Star next to to make it an official version. >> >> On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 9:16:34 PM UTC-5, Eric Stephan wrote: >>> >>> >>> >>> Hi Derek -- >>> >>> My first reaction is that I would do it this way ... in short, you would >>> do all development in your own main app. you would not do very much over in >>> a second project space. You would only use some other project space just >>> for messing around with general ideas and practicing, not for building your >>> new version. >>> >>> I would: >>> >>> 1-- create a few "test mobile users" in your app. You probably already >>> have some. >>> >>> 2-- have a few "test smartphones" where you do your testing with those >>> test users (again, you probably have this already.) >>> >>> 3-- ONLY on your test smartphones, and not on any other smartphones, >>> you will go in commcare to the three-dot menu > settings > "enable updates >>> to un-starred versions." That will make it so that on THAT phone, when >>> you go to the "update app" command, it will ALSO recognize newer app >>> versions that you have built in the Deploy section but that you have NOT >>> actually placed the Star next to to make it an official version. >>> >>> 4-- then you can remove the 1=2 display condition on the various new >>> fields and features you are making, and do plenty of development to try >>> your first attempt at your new app. >>> >>> 5-- then, go to the deploy area, and click the button to build/create >>> new verson. BUT no NOT click the "star" for that version. >>> >>> 6-- then go to your testing phone that you did the "enable unstarred" >>> configuration on. go to Update app on that phone. that phone will load >>> your new "in development" version! you can test it and enter lots of >>> data. That data WILL go into your database, but I assume that you are used >>> to that issue--- when you go to run your "real" reports of "real" data from >>> your app, you always specify a reporting group that includes only your REAL >>> mobile users and does not include your test user accounts in it. >>> >>> 7-- That way, you can play, test, work with those new features, fix >>> them, do more version builds. But you will never press star on them until >>> you are 100% sure the version is correct and ready. >>> >>> 8-- when you are certain that the newest unstarred version is 100% ready >>> for real release, you simply press "star" on it, and then tell all your >>> mobile users "hey, go update your apps." then when they go to "update app," >>> their phone will be using the new perfect version. >>> >>> ... also, you might consider the app configuration that tells the phone >>> to automatically check once per week to see if there is a new version. That >>> can reduce the risk that some user does not update and you go for months >>> before you realize that some users were not collecting the needed data. >>> >>> ... also maybe you know this, but the way that you discover which of >>> your mobile users is using which version of your app ... is in a useful >>> command you can use. You go to Reports > View All, and then in the left >>> pane, click "application status." Then use the filter on that page to >>> choose which of your apps you want to track the implementation usage of... >>> and the resulting list, you can sort by date or by app version, etc. Lots >>> of fun... >>> >>> eric >>> >>>

Yeah. "Update Options" is invisible by default. In order to make it
visible please follow these two steps -

1. Enable Developer Options on your device by following the instructions
    here
    https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Developer+Options
  2. Go to Settings -> Developer Options and select the "Show Update Options
    Item" setting, and then choose "Enabled".

Same instructions can be found on this page
https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Update+Target+Options
as well.

··· On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Alexandra Hinton wrote:

Thanks so much for the reply, but this is not one of the options
available. Under Settings I have the following options:

Weekly)
Set Print Template
Grid Menus Enabled
Fuzzy Search Matches
Opt Out of Analytics

On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 9:40:38 AM UTC-4, Shubham Goyal wrote:

Hi Alexandra,

versions.

Shubham

On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 11:49:43 PM UTC+5:30, Alexandra Hinton wrote:

Hello, I'd like to follow the advice above to test out my new app
version but I don't have the "enable updates to un-starred versions." on
my tablet. Has this option changed?

Re:
3-- ONLY on your test smartphones, and not on any other smartphones,
you will go in commcare to the three-dot menu > settings > "enable updates
to un-starred versions." That will make it so that on THAT phone, when
you go to the "update app" command, it will ALSO recognize newer app
versions that you have built in the Deploy section but that you have NOT
actually placed the Star next to to make it an official version.

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 9:16:34 PM UTC-5, Eric Stephan wrote:

Hi Derek --

My first reaction is that I would do it this way ... in short, you
would do all development in your own main app. you would not do very much
over in a second project space. You would only use some other project space
just for messing around with general ideas and practicing, not for building
your new version.

I would:

1-- create a few "test mobile users" in your app. You probably already
have some.

2-- have a few "test smartphones" where you do your testing with those
test users (again, you probably have this already.)

4-- then you can remove the 1=2 display condition on the various new
fields and features you are making, and do plenty of development to try
your first attempt at your new app.

5-- then, go to the deploy area, and click the button to build/create
new verson. BUT no NOT click the "star" for that version.

7-- That way, you can play, test, work with those new features, fix
them, do more version builds. But you will never press star on them until
you are 100% sure the version is correct and ready.

8-- when you are certain that the newest unstarred version is 100%
ready for real release, you simply press "star" on it, and then tell all
your mobile users "hey, go update your apps." then when they go to "update
app," their phone will be using the new perfect version.

... also, you might consider the app configuration that tells the phone
to automatically check once per week to see if there is a new version. That
can reduce the risk that some user does not update and you go for months
before you realize that some users were not collecting the needed data.

... also maybe you know this, but the way that you discover which of
your mobile users is using which version of your app ... is in a useful
command you can use. You go to Reports > View All, and then in the left
pane, click "application status." Then use the filter on that page to
choose which of your apps you want to track the implementation usage of...
and the resulting list, you can sort by date or by app version, etc. Lots
of fun...

eric

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Awesome, made those changes. Now when I Update App I get an error message
that says "Error encountered during update download". Suggestions?

··· On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 10:02:16 AM UTC-4, Shubham Goyal wrote: > > Yeah. "Update Options" is invisible by default. In order to make it > visible please follow these two steps - > > 1. Enable Developer Options on your device by following the instructions > here > > . > 2. Go to Settings -> Developer Options and select the "Show Update > Options Item" setting, and then choose "Enabled". > > Same instructions can be found on this page > > as well. > > > On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Alexandra Hinton <acmas...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> Thanks so much for the reply, but this is not one of the options >> available. Under Settings I have the following options: >> >> Auto Update Frequency (Only available options here are Never, Daily, or >> Weekly) >> Set Print Template >> Grid Menus Enabled >> Fuzzy Search Matches >> Configure Password Display >> Opt Out of Analytics >> >> Am I looking in the right place? >> >> >> On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 9:40:38 AM UTC-4, Shubham Goyal wrote: >>> >>> Hi Alexandra, >>> >>> You are right. The same option is now available in Settings -> Update >>> Options. All you need to do is go there and enable 'Latest version' instead >>> of 'Latest starred version' to make your 'Update App' detect un-starred >>> versions. >>> >>> Shubham >>> >>> On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 11:49:43 PM UTC+5:30, Alexandra Hinton wrote: >>>> >>>> Hello, I'd like to follow the advice above to test out my new app >>>> version but I don't have the "enable updates to un-starred versions." on >>>> my tablet. Has this option changed? >>>> >>>> Re: >>>> 3-- ONLY on your test smartphones, and not on any other smartphones, >>>> you will go in commcare to the three-dot menu > settings > "enable updates >>>> to un-starred versions." That will make it so that on THAT phone, when >>>> you go to the "update app" command, it will ALSO recognize newer app >>>> versions that you have built in the Deploy section but that you have NOT >>>> actually placed the Star next to to make it an official version. >>>> >>>> On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 9:16:34 PM UTC-5, Eric Stephan wrote: >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> Hi Derek -- >>>>> >>>>> My first reaction is that I would do it this way ... in short, you >>>>> would do all development in your own main app. you would not do very much >>>>> over in a second project space. You would only use some other project space >>>>> just for messing around with general ideas and practicing, not for building >>>>> your new version. >>>>> >>>>> I would: >>>>> >>>>> 1-- create a few "test mobile users" in your app. You probably already >>>>> have some. >>>>> >>>>> 2-- have a few "test smartphones" where you do your testing with those >>>>> test users (again, you probably have this already.) >>>>> >>>>> 3-- ONLY on your test smartphones, and not on any other smartphones, >>>>> you will go in commcare to the three-dot menu > settings > "enable updates >>>>> to un-starred versions." That will make it so that on THAT phone, when >>>>> you go to the "update app" command, it will ALSO recognize newer app >>>>> versions that you have built in the Deploy section but that you have NOT >>>>> actually placed the Star next to to make it an official version. >>>>> >>>>> 4-- then you can remove the 1=2 display condition on the various new >>>>> fields and features you are making, and do plenty of development to try >>>>> your first attempt at your new app. >>>>> >>>>> 5-- then, go to the deploy area, and click the button to build/create >>>>> new verson. BUT no NOT click the "star" for that version. >>>>> >>>>> 6-- then go to your testing phone that you did the "enable unstarred" >>>>> configuration on. go to Update app on that phone. that phone will load >>>>> your new "in development" version! you can test it and enter lots of >>>>> data. That data WILL go into your database, but I assume that you are used >>>>> to that issue--- when you go to run your "real" reports of "real" data from >>>>> your app, you always specify a reporting group that includes only your REAL >>>>> mobile users and does not include your test user accounts in it. >>>>> >>>>> 7-- That way, you can play, test, work with those new features, fix >>>>> them, do more version builds. But you will never press star on them until >>>>> you are 100% sure the version is correct and ready. >>>>> >>>>> 8-- when you are certain that the newest unstarred version is 100% >>>>> ready for real release, you simply press "star" on it, and then tell all >>>>> your mobile users "hey, go update your apps." then when they go to "update >>>>> app," their phone will be using the new perfect version. >>>>> >>>>> ... also, you might consider the app configuration that tells the >>>>> phone to automatically check once per week to see if there is a new >>>>> version. That can reduce the risk that some user does not update and you go >>>>> for months before you realize that some users were not collecting the >>>>> needed data. >>>>> >>>>> ... also maybe you know this, but the way that you discover which of >>>>> your mobile users is using which version of your app ... is in a useful >>>>> command you can use. You go to Reports > View All, and then in the left >>>>> pane, click "application status." Then use the filter on that page to >>>>> choose which of your apps you want to track the implementation usage of... >>>>> and the resulting list, you can sort by date or by app version, etc. Lots >>>>> of fun... >>>>> >>>>> eric >>>>> >>>>> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > >

Hi Alexandra,

Three quick things to check that come to mind which might shine some light
on things

1. If you look at your app in HQ's Application Preview
    https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Beginner+Tutorial+Part+4+-+Testing+in+Application+Preview,
    does it report any issues with the latest version?

2. Are you able to navigate to https://www.commcarehq.org from the device's
    web browser?

3. Is your CommCare Android Application up to date to the latest release
    from the Google Play store?

-Clayton

··· On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Alexandra Hinton wrote:

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 10:02:16 AM UTC-4, Shubham Goyal wrote:

here
  2. Go to Settings -> Developer Options and select the "Show Update
    Options Item" setting, and then choose "Enabled".

as well.

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Alexandra Hinton acmas...@gmail.com wrote:

Weekly)
Set Print Template
Grid Menus Enabled
Fuzzy Search Matches
Opt Out of Analytics

Hi Alexandra,

versions.

Shubham

Re:

Hi Derek --

your new version.

I would:

1-- create a few "test mobile users" in your app. You probably
already have some.

2-- have a few "test smartphones" where you do your testing with
those test users (again, you probably have this already.)

5-- then, go to the deploy area, and click the button to build/create
new verson. BUT no NOT click the "star" for that version.

... also, you might consider the app configuration that tells the
phone to automatically check once per week to see if there is a new
version. That can reduce the risk that some user does not update and you go
for months before you realize that some users were not collecting the
needed data.

of fun...

eric

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com.

--
"commcare-users" group.

https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Beginner+Tutorial+Part+4+-+Testing+in+Application+Preview,
    No, it loads fine.

2. Are you able to navigate to https://www.commcarehq.org from the device's
    web browser?
    Yes, I can.

It was not up to date, but I have downloaded and installed the newest
    version now. Same problem occurs when I try to download the current version
    within CommCare. I get the error message: "Error encountered during update
    download"

··· On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Clayton Sims wrote:

Hi Alexandra,

Three quick things to check that come to mind which might shine some light
on things

2. Are you able to navigate to https://www.commcarehq.org from the
    device's web browser?

-Clayton

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Alexandra Hinton acmaschino@gmail.com wrote:

here

as well.

Weekly)
Set Print Template
Grid Menus Enabled
Fuzzy Search Matches
Opt Out of Analytics

Hi Alexandra,

versions.

Shubham

Re:

Hi Derek --

your new version.

I would:

already have some.

3-- ONLY on your test smartphones, and not on any other
smartphones, you will go in commcare to the three-dot menu > settings >
"enable updates to un-starred versions." That will make it so that on
THAT phone, when you go to the "update app" command, it will ALSO recognize
newer app versions that you have built in the Deploy section but that you
have NOT actually placed the Star next to to make it an official version.

5-- then, go to the deploy area, and click the button to
build/create new verson. BUT no NOT click the "star" for that version.

6-- then go to your testing phone that you did the "enable
unstarred" configuration on. go to Update app on that phone. that phone
will load your new "in development" version! you can test it and enter
lots of data. That data WILL go into your database, but I assume that you
are used to that issue--- when you go to run your "real" reports of "real"
data from your app, you always specify a reporting group that includes only
your REAL mobile users and does not include your test user accounts in it.

needed data.

of fun...

eric

--

--
"commcare-users" group.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups "commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/
topic/commcare-users/Y8NDhEp4TCw/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Sorry to hear that the problem is persisting.

In order to provide more help we'll need to know more about your specific
app/project space. Can you Report an Issue from within CommCare HQ so our
support team can look into what may be happening?

-Clayton

··· On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Ally Maschino wrote:
    No, it loads fine.

device's web browser?
    Yes, I can.

download"

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Clayton Sims csims@dimagi.com wrote:

Hi Alexandra,

Three quick things to check that come to mind which might shine some
light on things

device's web browser?

-Clayton

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Alexandra Hinton acmaschino@gmail.com wrote:

Awesome, made those changes. Now when I Update App I get an error
message that says "Error encountered during update download". Suggestions?

1. Enable Developer Options on your device by following the
    instructions here

as well.

Auto Update Frequency (Only available options here are Never, Daily,
or Weekly)
Set Print Template
Grid Menus Enabled
Fuzzy Search Matches
Opt Out of Analytics

Hi Alexandra,

versions.

Shubham

Re:

Hi Derek --

your new version.

I would:

already have some.

4-- then you can remove the 1=2 display condition on the various
new fields and features you are making, and do plenty of development to try

needed data.

... also maybe you know this, but the way that you discover which
of your mobile users is using which version of your app ... is in a useful
of fun...

eric

--

--
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

--
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/to
pic/commcare-users/Y8NDhEp4TCw/unsubscribe.

--
"commcare-users" group.

Thanks, I made a super minor text change and saved a new version and it
worked fine.

··· On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Clayton Sims wrote:

Sorry to hear that the problem is persisting.

In order to provide more help we'll need to know more about your specific
app/project space. Can you Report an Issue from within CommCare HQ so our
support team can look into what may be happening?

-Clayton

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Ally Maschino acmaschino@gmail.com wrote:

No, it loads fine.

device's web browser?
    Yes, I can.

download"

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Clayton Sims csims@dimagi.com wrote:

Hi Alexandra,

Three quick things to check that come to mind which might shine some
light on things

device's web browser?

-Clayton

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Alexandra Hinton <acmaschino@gmail.com wrote:

Awesome, made those changes. Now when I Update App I get an error
message that says "Error encountered during update download". Suggestions?

1. Enable Developer Options on your device by following the
    instructions here

as well.

Auto Update Frequency (Only available options here are Never, Daily,
or Weekly)
Set Print Template
Grid Menus Enabled
Fuzzy Search Matches
Opt Out of Analytics

Hi Alexandra,

You are right. The same option is now available in Settings ->
Update Options. All you need to do is go there and enable 'Latest version'
instead of 'Latest starred version' to make your 'Update App' detect
un-starred versions.

Shubham

Re:

Hi Derek --

your new version.

I would:

already have some.

4-- then you can remove the 1=2 display condition on the various
new fields and features you are making, and do plenty of development to try

7-- That way, you can play, test, work with those new features,
fix them, do more version builds. But you will never press star on them
until you are 100% sure the version is correct and ready.

needed data.

... also maybe you know this, but the way that you discover which
of your mobile users is using which version of your app ... is in a useful
of fun...

eric

--
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com.

--
an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

--
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/to
pic/commcare-users/Y8NDhEp4TCw/unsubscribe.

--
"commcare-users" group.

--
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/
topic/commcare-users/Y8NDhEp4TCw/unsubscribe.