Base Display Conditions for Checkboxes on Prior Multiple Choice Responses

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this has been asked before but I did not find a corresponding thread or a mention in the help sites.

What I am trying to do is to display checkbox responses based on answers to a prior multiple choice question. So, for example, let's say I have an array of questions like so: "How much do you know about bananas?" "How much do you know about strawberries?" etc. and each question can be answered with a multiple choice option "1 - very little" "2 - a bit" and "3 - a lot".

Next, I am adding a checkbox question "About which of the following fruits would you like to learn more?" but the options should depend on your knowledge as reported in the prior multiple choice questions. So, if you said you know "a lot" or "a bit" about bananas, you should not be able to choose the option to learn more about them.

If I am not mistaken, the checkbox question responses don't allow for display conditions to be set this way (#form/question1/bananas = 1). Is this correct and is there another way to get to it without creating dozens of questions with different combinations of responses?

Best and thanks,

Kolja

Hi Kolja,

The standard way to filter checkbox questions is through the use of lookup tables, as documented in Setup a Question with Filtered Choices. This does require a paid software plan to upload a lookup table. If you need to do this in a project space on the Community Plan, it might be best to ask the respondent whether they want to learn more about each fruit individually, so each fruit gets its own yes/no question. This way, you can put a display condition on each of these questions, rather than trying to create checkbox questions for every possible permutation.

Hope this is helpful!