Automatically open 'Scan barcode' for a form?

Hi,

So far I’ve split our referral app into two simple forms sharing the data
via Case Sharing. Form #1 registers patients-to-be-referred during
screening activities and form #2 captures successful referrals at the
hospitals to close the loop.

For identification of individual referral cases we will use QR codes given
out at screening days. The patient will bring this QR code to the hospital
and is currently scanned as a barcode from within CommCare (just from the
’main menu’ of the form after opening it). Is there a way to default to
this scan barcode feature without explicitly tapping on it for every case?

Thanks,
christian

Christian,

I’m not exactly clear what you’re current configuration is - where exactly
do you mean when you say the “‘main menu’ of the form after opening it”?

The workflow I’d recommend would be saving the scanned QR code (usually
just a string) as a case property, then making this a “searchable” case
property in the case list configuration:

[image: Inline image 2]

Then when the patient returns you can open the case list and scan their QR
code:
[image: Inline image 1]

This will then filter your case list down the target case, which you can
then select and proceed with.

Cheers,
Will

··· On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Christian Neumann < christian.neumann@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

So far I’ve split our referral app into two simple forms sharing the data
via Case Sharing. Form #1 registers patients-to-be-referred during
screening activities and form #2 captures successful referrals at the
hospitals to close the loop.

For identification of individual referral cases we will use QR codes given
out at screening days. The patient will bring this QR code to the hospital
and is currently scanned as a barcode from within CommCare (just from the
‘main menu’ of the form after opening it). Is there a way to default to
this scan barcode feature without explicitly tapping on it for every case?

Thanks,
christian


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks William,

I’m using the workflow you are recommending. And I’m referring to your 2nd screenshot. Ideally I want to have the ‘scan their QR code’ open by default, so that the user doesn’t have the chance to manually select another case (or maybe just upon special user interaction).

christian

··· > On 16 Jun 2016, at 16:29, William Pride wrote: > > Christian, > > I'm not exactly clear what you're current configuration is - where exactly do you mean when you say the "'main menu' of the form after opening it"? > > The workflow I'd recommend would be saving the scanned QR code (usually just a string) as a case property, then making this a "searchable" case property in the case list configuration: > > > > Then when the patient returns you can open the case list and scan their QR code: > > > This will then filter your case list down the target case, which you can then select and proceed with. > > Cheers, > Will > > On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Christian Neumann <christian.neumann@gmail.com > wrote: > Hi, > > So far I've split our referral app into two simple forms sharing the data via Case Sharing. Form #1 registers patients-to-be-referred during screening activities and form #2 captures successful referrals at the hospitals to close the loop. > > For identification of individual referral cases we will use QR codes given out at screening days. The patient will bring this QR code to the hospital and is currently scanned as a barcode from within CommCare (just from the 'main menu' of the form after opening it). Is there a way to default to this scan barcode feature without explicitly tapping on it for every case? > > Thanks, > christian > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "commcare-users" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com . > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout . > > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "commcare-users" group. > To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/BNYYzGdugYo/unsubscribe . > To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com . > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout .

Hey Christian,

Good to hear. Unfortunately though that functionality does not currently
exist. CCing my colleague Phillip who’s done some work on this area
recently and would know more about any plans for this feature.

Cheers,
Will

··· On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Christian Neumann < christian.neumann@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks William,

I’m using the workflow you are recommending. And I’m referring to your 2nd
screenshot. Ideally I want to have the ‘scan their QR code’ open by
default, so that the user doesn’t have the chance to manually select
another case (or maybe just upon special user interaction).

christian

On 16 Jun 2016, at 16:29, William Pride wpride@dimagi.com wrote:

Christian,

I’m not exactly clear what you’re current configuration is - where exactly
do you mean when you say the “‘main menu’ of the form after opening it”?

The workflow I’d recommend would be saving the scanned QR code (usually
just a string) as a case property, then making this a “searchable” case
property in the case list configuration:

<Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 10.28.40 AM.png>

Then when the patient returns you can open the case list and scan their
QR code:
<Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 10.24.04 AM.png>

This will then filter your case list down the target case, which you can
then select and proceed with.

Cheers,
Will

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Christian Neumann < christian.neumann@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

So far I’ve split our referral app into two simple forms sharing the data
via Case Sharing. Form #1 registers patients-to-be-referred during
screening activities and form #2 captures successful referrals at the
hospitals to close the loop.

For identification of individual referral cases we will use QR codes
given out at screening days. The patient will bring this QR code to the
hospital and is currently scanned as a barcode from within CommCare (just
from the ‘main menu’ of the form after opening it). Is there a way to
default to this scan barcode feature without explicitly tapping on it for
every case?

Thanks,
christian


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/BNYYzGdugYo/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"commcare-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to commcare-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks Will.

So for now I’ll stick to what I’ve done so far. And keep an eye on this
thread of the changelog for such an enhanced scanning feature.

christian

··· On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 4:53:57 PM UTC+2, William Pride wrote: > > Hey Christian, > > Good to hear. Unfortunately though that functionality does not currently > exist. CCing my colleague Phillip who's done some work on this area > recently and would know more about any plans for this feature. > > Cheers, > Will > > On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Christian Neumann <christia...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> Thanks William, >> >> I’m using the workflow you are recommending. And I’m referring to your >> 2nd screenshot. Ideally I want to have the ‘scan their QR code’ open by >> default, so that the user doesn’t have the chance to manually select >> another case (or maybe just upon special user interaction). >> >> christian >> >> On 16 Jun 2016, at 16:29, William Pride <wpr...@dimagi.com > wrote: >> >> Christian, >> >> I'm not exactly clear what you're current configuration is - where >> exactly do you mean when you say the "'main menu' of the form after opening >> it"? >> >> The workflow I'd recommend would be saving the scanned QR code (usually >> just a string) as a case property, then making this a "searchable" case >> property in the case list configuration: >> >> >> >> Then when the patient returns you can open the case list and scan their >> QR code: >> >> >> This will then filter your case list down the target case, which you can >> then select and proceed with. >> >> Cheers, >> Will >> >> On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Christian Neumann <christia...@gmail.com > wrote: >> >>> Hi, >>> >>> So far I've split our referral app into two simple forms sharing the >>> data via Case Sharing. Form #1 registers patients-to-be-referred during >>> screening activities and form #2 captures successful referrals at the >>> hospitals to close the loop. >>> >>> For identification of individual referral cases we will use QR codes >>> given out at screening days. The patient will bring this QR code to the >>> hospital and is currently scanned as a barcode from within CommCare (just >>> from the 'main menu' of the form after opening it). Is there a way to >>> default to this scan barcode feature without explicitly tapping on it for >>> every case? >>> >>> Thanks, >>> christian >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "commcare-users" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>> >> >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the >> Google Groups "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit >> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/BNYYzGdugYo/unsubscribe. >> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to >> commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "commcare-users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > >

Hi Christian,
We don’t currently have plans to allow for automatically launching searches
upon entering the case list.

If you really want to see this feature make it into CommCare, you can
create a uservoice
https://dimagi.uservoice.com/forums/194737-commcare-mobile entry. If it
gets enough votes from other users, we will look into implementing it.

··· On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 12:12 AM, Christian Neumann < christian.neumann@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Will.

So for now I’ll stick to what I’ve done so far. And keep an eye on this
thread of the changelog for such an enhanced scanning feature.

christian

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 4:53:57 PM UTC+2, William Pride wrote:

Hey Christian,

Good to hear. Unfortunately though that functionality does not currently
exist. CCing my colleague Phillip who’s done some work on this area
recently and would know more about any plans for this feature.

Cheers,
Will

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Christian Neumann < christia...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks William,

I’m using the workflow you are recommending. And I’m referring to your
2nd screenshot. Ideally I want to have the ‘scan their QR code’ open by
default, so that the user doesn’t have the chance to manually select
another case (or maybe just upon special user interaction).

christian

On 16 Jun 2016, at 16:29, William Pride wpr...@dimagi.com wrote:

Christian,

I’m not exactly clear what you’re current configuration is - where
exactly do you mean when you say the “‘main menu’ of the form after opening
it”?

The workflow I’d recommend would be saving the scanned QR code (usually
just a string) as a case property, then making this a “searchable” case
property in the case list configuration:

<Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 10.28.40 AM.png>

Then when the patient returns you can open the case list and scan their
QR code:
<Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 10.24.04 AM.png>

This will then filter your case list down the target case, which you can
then select and proceed with.

Cheers,
Will

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Christian Neumann < christia...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

So far I’ve split our referral app into two simple forms sharing the
data via Case Sharing. Form #1 registers patients-to-be-referred during
screening activities and form #2 captures successful referrals at the
hospitals to close the loop.

For identification of individual referral cases we will use QR codes
given out at screening days. The patient will bring this QR code to the
hospital and is currently scanned as a barcode from within CommCare (just
from the ‘main menu’ of the form after opening it). Is there a way to
default to this scan barcode feature without explicitly tapping on it for
every case?

Thanks,
christian


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/commcare-users/BNYYzGdugYo/unsubscribe
.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
commcare-user...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “commcare-users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to commcare-user...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.