Automatic data refresh in Power BI

Hello Community,

I am new to CommCare, kindly assist me in resolving this challenges.

1. I have connected data from CommCare to Power Bi using OData Feed link. I have scheduled automatic refresh in Power BI services for about two weeks now. I had no error until today.
    I have attached the error message to this message.

2. When I transform the data in Power query (eg: replacing string with different texts), it takes between 5-15 minutes for a step to be applied (NB: Data is about 2000 rows)

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

Automatic data refresh in Power BI ensures that your reports and dashboards reflect the most up-to-date information without manual intervention. Here's how you can set up automatic data refresh in Power BI:

1. Publish Your Report to Power BI Service:
  • First, you need to publish your Power BI report to the Power BI Service. You can do this directly from Power BI Desktop by clicking on "Publish" and selecting your workspace in the Power BI Service.
  1. Configure Data Source Credentials:
  • Once your report is published, navigate to the dataset settings in the Power BI Service.
  • Configure the data source credentials to ensure that Power BI can connect to your data source for refresh. You may need to provide authentication information such as username and password.
  1. Schedule Refresh:
  • After configuring the data source credentials, you can schedule the data refresh frequency.
  • In the dataset settings, navigate to the "Scheduled Refresh" section.
  • Enable scheduled refresh and specify the frequency (daily, weekly, etc.) and time when you want the refresh to occur.
  • You can also set up a notification to receive an email if the refresh fails.
  1. Configure Additional Settings (Optional):
  • Depending on your data source and requirements, you may need to configure additional settings such as incremental refresh, which allows you to refresh only a portion of your data to improve performance.
  1. Save and Apply:
  • Save your dataset settings after configuring the refresh schedule and any additional settings.
  • Power BI will automatically refresh your dataset according to the schedule you've set, ensuring that your reports and dashboards stay up to date with the latest data.
  1. Monitoring and Troubleshooting:
  • Periodically check the refresh history to ensure that the refresh is occurring as expected.
  • If any issues arise, you can review the refresh history and error messages to troubleshoot and resolve them.

By setting up automatic data refresh in Power BI, you can ensure that your reports and dashboards always reflect the most current information from your data sources, providing users with accurate insights for decision-making.For more information visit the site, "quickanalytics.pk/services/Powerbi.html."